The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5920
Erm can someone please help me, I sent off all of the evidence and the declaration form as stated and haven't since received anything that I need to send to SF. But I just checked my online 'account' and it says:

We are waiting for the items below. Please tick the items you are sending and then click 'Print Cover Letter'.
Sponsor 1 PFF2 Form / Declaration

I want to change the items I am providing
We have received...

your Declaration Form on 24/08/2011

We have returned...

your UK Passport Details on 26/03/2009

We are not waiting on any evidence items.
Please note, you have stated you cannot provide any of the evidence items required to prove your Sponsor 1 PFF2 Form / Declaration. Not supplying any of the listed items may cause a delay to your application, please use the link below to specify evidence you will return.

I'M SO CONFUSED. I'm meant to be getting money through on Monday but it says it's waiting for a declaration form off a sponsor!?! and why just ONE sponsor and not both?!
(edited 12 years ago)
So I failed my first year and I'm retaking ONE exam in Summer 2012 that I failed so I'll still be classified as a 1st year. I was wondering whether or not SF will still pay me for this year or not. I haven't been kicked out of the university, I'm not retaking the year, just an exam.But I'll still be technically classified as a 1st year.
Original post by zafaru123
So I failed my first year and I'm retaking ONE exam in Summer 2012 that I failed so I'll still be classified as a 1st year. I was wondering whether or not SF will still pay me for this year or not. I haven't been kicked out of the university, I'm not retaking the year, just an exam.But I'll still be technically classified as a 1st year.

Highly unlikely.
Original post by glf2110
Highly unlikely.

Thats what I thought too, but I keep reading (on TSR especially) that SF fund you for the length of your course +1year.
And this has also been said by the Student Finance England username on TSR, which is the supposed official representative.
Reply 5924

Thats what I thought too, but I keep reading (on TSR especially) that SF fund you for the length of your course +1year.
And this has also been said by the Student Finance England username on TSR, which is the supposed official representative.

Only if you're actually in attendance though. If you're resitting the whole year, going to all lectures again etc. they will fund you. Just turning up to an exam, no.
Original post by alibee
Only if you're actually in attendance though. If you're resitting the whole year, going to all lectures again etc. they will fund you. Just turning up to an exam, no.

Is there anywhere that confirms this? Because student finance say they find for an extra year but don't define the extra year to be as retaken.
According to my university, they'll confirm that I am a 1st year student for the year 2011/2012/
Reply 5926
Well once again they've screwed up for me. My payments are lined up for the 19th, I enroled for my course online on the 12th, turned up for induction on the 19th and went in every day.... nothing. The payment still hasn't gone through and I've got a ****load of bills lined up for the 28th. This is my final year and after their serious royal ****up in my first year (didn't get my monry til February) and their late payment on my second year, I don't hold any hope. I've been independent for 5 years now but I whack my mum's details down and tick the other box anyway just to save me any hassle.

Apparently this year it hasn't worked.
I have decided that this thread seems to be no help. Clearly everyone has problems with SLC and nobody knows the answers because they're useless...
Reply 5928
Original post by mel0n
Erm can someone please help me, I sent off all of the evidence and the declaration form as stated and haven't since received anything that I need to send to SF. But I just checked my online 'account' and it says:

I'M SO CONFUSED. I'm meant to be getting money through on Monday but it says it's waiting for a declaration form off a sponsor!?! and why just ONE sponsor and not both?!

AAAAAAAAAnyone?
I was meant to get my payment on the 21st, still haven't got it, is that normal?
Reply 5930
If they use BACs it takes up to 3 working days so it could be Monday you get it.
How much do Welsh students pay per year and how does it work? I'm so confused because when I google it I get a wall of text which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it just talks about a fee grant which I know nothing about, sorry if it's already been answered, if so can someone just copy and paste the original query? Thanks!
So, I waited to see what I'd get paid today and it turns out I did only get my loan and not my grant. I rang up SFE and (remarkably) got straight through to someone but it turns out their things are down so they couldn't tell me anything. When am I meant to phone them now? I'm in lectures from 9-6 tomorrow and a meeting from 7pm onwards and I'm on a fieldtrip for the rest of the week. Those little ****ers.
Reply 5933
They're processing my application apparently even though I sent my form in may. It will take a couple months to process it. They lost my mother's P60 twice so this is the third time I've sent it to them.

What am I supposed to do?
Reply 5934
Over a week since I sent the evidence needed(certified passport) and still no reply, whenever I login I see that the evidence box isn't ticked. Uni expects to be paid on the 3rd of the month though. Any idea how long it takes for the evidence bit to be processed usually?

(I'm an international/EU student, don't know if this matters)
Reply 5935
A week? Lol. You'll be waiting about a month I reckon at this time of year.
Reply 5936
Original post by alibee
A week? Lol. You'll be waiting about a month I reckon at this time of year.

two weeks actually lol:biggrin:

Got an email today that they have received my application
On my student finance sheet it says I'll get a £5,000 per year annual learning grant from the Welsh assembly government, but this seems a bit high, so I'm wondering whether it covers the loan for tuition fees too? :s-smilie:
Original post by Lewis :D
On my student finance sheet it says I'll get a £5,000 per year annual learning grant from the Welsh assembly government, but this seems a bit high, so I'm wondering whether it covers the loan for tuition fees too? :s-smilie:

Nope, that's your living money as far as I know. Free too!
Original post by glf2110
Nope, that's your living money as far as I know. Free too!

That's what I thought at first, but then I googled it and like 2 years it was only like £2,500 so it's increased a lot :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest