The Student Room Group

Ucas applications 2013

When does ucas open the applications for 2013?
September 2012.
unless you're applying for deferred entry, in which case you can apply now.
I thought somebody had started the 2013 applicants thread :lol:
September 2012, unless you're applying for deferred entry in which case you can apply now.
Original post by paddy__power

You laugh, but someone did on or just after results day, although I think it has died now.
Original post by F1 fanatic
You laugh, but someone did on or just after results day, although I think it has died now.

I thought making a couple of 2012 threads in university forums was pretty early but clearly other people judge that rather differently :lol:

I suppose there is no harm in them making one really :dontknow:
Reply 7
Well, it's 24th of September but it's still impossible to apply for 2013! ;o I planning to send my application to the University of Oxford, thus I have to apply as early as possible.
What Zuzanna? The period to apply for Oxford is September 2012 to mid October 2012.

DO NOT apply now. It could ruin your chances.
Reply 9
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
What Zuzanna? The period to apply for Oxford is September 2012 to mid October 2012.

DO NOT apply now. It could ruin your chances.

Really? Our IB-coordinator in our school told us, just a couple of days ago, that if you want to apply to Oxford, Cambridge or any equivalent, should do it at least 1,5 year before the start of the course. Right now I'm starting to get a little bit confused.
Reply 10
What do you think about it? I really need some advice!
Original post by zuzanna
What do you think about it? I really need some advice!

I'm not sure how you could apply for 2013 in the first place (unless you're looking at a deferred entry) ? Do you have your IB grades already ?

PS : I too am applying to Oxford, except for 2012 entry.
Reply 12
I know, that's a really good question, but I'm just quoting my IB-coordinator and guess she should know what she's talking about. But well according to what everybody else says, she must be wrong :P

That's exactly what I thought!
Original post by zuzanna

Original post by zuzanna
I know, that's a really good question, but I'm just quoting my IB-coordinator and guess she should know what she's talking about. But well according to what everybody else says, she must be wrong :P

Are you sure she didn't say that you should start thinking and preparing to apply 1.5 years ahead, rather than actually putting in an application? You should be thinking about what you want to study and how you can show an interest in it (e.g. work experience, reading, summer schools etc.) but you don't need to apply until September next year. That is, unless you're applying for deferred entry but you would only be doing this if you're currently in your final year and are planning on taking a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest