The Student Room Group

What do you think of people who wear 'University of...' hoodies outside university?

1) Fresher who's really happy to be at their university, and wants the whole world to know (note: this excitement lasts 1 to 2 weeks maximum).

2) University snob who goes to a prestigious university and wants other students who might be around to know that they they go to a better university than them.

3) Student who goes to an ex-poly university and wants members of the public who aren't students to know that they actually go to university and thus are 'educated'.

4) Student who has forgotten to do that week's washing and only has their university hoodie lying around, and it's cold outside.

Thoughts?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
5) Student who bought a society hoody and wants to actually get some use out of it instead of worrying people are going to assume I'm doing 1, 3 or 4. (Meee. :h:)
Reply 2
6) Student who wants something to wear.
Reply 3
Why buy a hoodie and not wear it?
Reply 4
I don't have any strong feelings about it. I do find it strange though that everyone complains about having to wear uniform in school then go to university and buy a hoody with the university's logo on it.
are you jel you dont go to Oxford, brah? :pierre:

Reply 6
7) Person who wants to because they can.
Reply 7
Am people who see it as just another piece of clothing and just put it on....
Reply 8
Original post by -Illmatic-
are you jel you dont go to Oxford, brah? :pierre:

I clicked "here" for more. :mmm:
8) Student that bought a hoody and likes to wear it.

I do agree with the uniform observation, though.
Reply 10
I like it, I just hate when people wear the hoodies and they aren't actually attending that uni.

Tops you get from New Look which have random American unis on them disgust me.
Well it depends what uni they are at.

I would usually go home and look up their university's respective position in the league tables to determine what I think. If they go to a uni that was lower than mine then HA I judge them for wasting taxpayers money going to a second rate uni. If they go to one higher than mine then I hate them for being uni snobs.
Original post by dunnicare
I clicked "here" for more. :mmm:

:facepalm:

lol.
Reply 13
If you don't or didn't go to that college, it's the equivalent of wearing Superdry.
Reply 14
You need to get out more .... without or without a hoodie. May I ask what drives you to start such pointless threads?
Reply 15
Original post by Muffinz
I like it, I just hate when people wear the hoodies and they aren't actually attending that uni.

Tops you get from New Look which have random American unis on them disgust me.

Yes yes yes yes.
Reply 16
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Well it depends what uni they are at.

I would usually go home and look up their university's respective position in the league tables to determine what I think. If they go to a uni that was lower than mine then HA I judge them for wasting taxpayers money going to a second rate uni. If they go to one higher than mine then I hate them for being uni snobs.

Oh, you! :mmm:
4, for me anyway
Reply 18
My friend (year 12) wore a uni of Cambridge hoodie his sister got him (she went there, he wanted to) when he was visiting another university. It was either because he had nothing else to wear or, more likely, because he was too thick to realise how idiotic it was :p:
Original post by Einheri
I don't have any strong feelings about it. I do find it strange though that everyone complains about having to wear uniform in school then go to university and buy a hoody with the university's logo on it.

Most school uniforms aren't hoodies.

Latest