The Student Room Group

Private Candidate - authenticating coursework

Hey.
I've decided to self-study for 3 a-levels (History, English lit & lang, Media), but I'm a bit confused as all my subjects have a coursework element.
I've found somewhere (my old school!) willing to take me to sit the exams, but the exams officer has said they can't authenticate coursework.

I wondered if I'd be able to approach a teacher who knows me fairly well(at the same school) directly to see if he'll do it for me, or would this not be allowed?

I'm waiting for the exam boards to get back to me, but in the meantime I wondered if anyone has had any experience with getting coursework authenticated and can shed a bit of light?

thanks
Original post by rubyrubyhobo
Hey.
I've decided to self-study for 3 a-levels (History, English lit & lang, Media), but I'm a bit confused as all my subjects have a coursework element.
I've found somewhere (my old school!) willing to take me to sit the exams, but the exams officer has said they can't authenticate coursework.

I wondered if I'd be able to approach a teacher who knows me fairly well(at the same school) directly to see if he'll do it for me, or would this not be allowed?

I'm waiting for the exam boards to get back to me, but in the meantime I wondered if anyone has had any experience with getting coursework authenticated and can shed a bit of light?

thanks

It seems to pretty much be a personal choice of someone in the position to do it (a colleague of mine is moderating physics coursework for me), so I would advise you to at least try to get time with a teacher, explain your situation and why you want to do it and see how willing they are :smile:

Other options are to find a part-time/ evening course.

Hope it works out! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest