The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"stay" for night, *cough* sex *cough*. And no you can't.
You're best finding an email address for the hotels and asking them, I did when I was 17 and a lot of places were reluctant to take me but a few are nice. :smile: B&B's are usually good for this as they're usually family run, hotels sometimes aren't so nice but it's pot luck.

https://www.booking.com/
(edited 5 years ago)
Never had any problems myself in the London area when I was that age, though it was 4 years ago now.
Reply 4
And make sure it's a gnome. Have you ever seen a gnome lie?
Reply 5
:clap2: Yup haha, my friends used to do the exact same with beer before :biggrin:
Reply 6
I wouldn't think so except at family hotels and Bed n Breakfast establishments.
Reply 7
I did at 17 (coming from overseas) but had my dad pay for everything using his credit from home. So everything was already paid for and I paid for the deposit in cash.
what about premier inn and travelodge?

i need to know this myself LOL if youre 16 can you book at those places? for the night or just for the day?
try the watford travel lodge. its a 5 min walk to watford high street station which goes to north wembley and wembley central
Original post by NightWatch
You're best finding an email address for the hotels and asking them, I did when I was 17 and a lot of places were reluctant to take me but a few are nice. :smile: B&B's are usually good for this as they're usually family run, hotels sometimes aren't so nice but it's pot luck.

Ok, thanks i'll probs look for a B&B then :smile:. Most of the ones i could find that were quite cheap were on comparison sites and don't have a link or t&c.
Pretty sure you can, just check the T&C of the hotel before you book. If they've got rules against it, they'll usually be in there.

That said, we stayed at a campsite where it specifically said "No under 18s" (with all of us being u18) and they didn't even ask. Hotels may be stricter, I suppose.
I did, aged 17 (Premier Inn) and iirc, which I'm pretty sure I do, my friend and her bf stayed in London alone for his 16th birthday. Although not sure who booked that room for them- I booked mine, using all my details and it wasn't a problem.
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I'm going to London next weekend but i'm not sure if you have to be a certain age to book a room without parental supervision? Does anyone know of any hotels in the Wembley area where 16 yo can stay?
:colondollar:

www.generatorhostel.com offers private rooms for under 16s.
It's right beside russell square tube station, and there's all you can eat breakfast.
I've stayed before, in the dorms (for over 18s) and it was great.
Reply 14
You can stay with me for the night if you like
Original post by Zhy
You can stay with me for the night if you like

Umm...maybe another time :laugh:
I checked the travelodge website and it said you have to be 18 or over to book, but premier inn says you have to be 16 or above to book.
Reply 17
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I'm going to London next weekend but i'm not sure if you have to be a certain age to book a room without parental supervision? Does anyone know of any hotels where 16 yos can stay?
:colondollar:
EDIT
Thanks everyone for the help, i asked on the travelodge site and they said that 16 year olds can :biggrin:

Hello I am myself going through the same problem at the moment would be kind enough to inform me what hotels you can reserve at the age of 16 in London
Reply 18
can you be 16 years old to book an hotel and anywhere in northamptonshire
Reply 19
Does anyone know of good b

Latest