The Student Room Group

Help me *skinny pic*

Basically, i'm 18 and the most self conscious person in the world. I've had trouble with my weight since I can remember, and it's got to the stage where if i don't do something now, i think i'll go mad!

Alot of people on here seem very knowledgeable on the fitness subject, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Basically, I do near to no excercise currently, because quite frankly i'm embarassed. I can't do a single push-up i don't think.. I doubt I could run for more then 5 minutes, either..

Here is an attached picture of my icky body (sorry)

I'm 6ft 3 and just over 8 stone.

HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Mark ripptoes starting strength
3000 calories a day
sleep for 8 hours +
Reply 2
6ft 3...and 8stone...

Mate, you shouldn't be on TSR, you should be in some home for anorexic people to get your life on track...

I'm not even being sarcastic...
Reply 3
you definetly need to gain some weight man , you should aim to gain about let's say at least half a pound per week. ( that's what I'm currently loosing )
Reply 4
I'd get a serious health consultant to help you out, instead of seaking advice on a student forum. You're on the verge of of being clinically anerexic.
ou need to have 5/6 meals a day, high protein, balanced meals. You need to try and reach 3000 calories a day as a target. I would also recommend you purchase a pair of Dumbbells, a weight that works for you and gradually start training to build up your strength. If you did this, there is no reason why you couldn't be around 12 stone this time next year!
Reply 6
Original post by tekkers90
6ft 3...and 8stone...

Mate, you shouldn't be on TSR, you should be in some home for anorexic people to get your life on track...

I just weighed myself, just under 8.3 stone, which makes my BMI 14.40, which is only 4 away from 18 which is "normal"

I also am not anorexic because i don't see myself as fat, I don't limit how much I eat or whatever, and i eat alot of food.

I have a few "fat" friends, and i swear I eat twice as much as them it feels!
8 stone... I **** that after a good meal :eek:
Reply 8
I weigh 100kg yet I can do 15 push-ups and you can do none I feel so happy !!!
Reply 9
Original post by Roxas
I just weighed myself, just under 8.3 stone, which makes my BMI 14.40, which is only 4 away from 18 which is "normal"

I also am not anorexic because i don't see myself as fat, I don't limit how much I eat or whatever, and i eat alot of food.

I have a few "fat" friends, and i swear I eat twice as much as them it feels!

Do you realise what 14.40 means? basically that you're severaly underweight. Under 16 is medically bad. You say it is only "4" away from 18, yeah..well, 4 is alot in terms of BMI, and 18 is only just normal....

You need to go to the doctor mate. Honestly. 6ft 3 and 8.3 stone is quite frightening. I mean, 8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.
Reply 10
Original post by Akbar2k7
I weigh 100kg yet I can do 15 push-ups and you can do none I feel so happy !!!

Doesn't that make you 15 stone? It could be all muscle! :biggrin:
Original post by tekkers90
6ft 3...and 8stone...

Sad thing is, you're not far from the truth.
Im 6ft 3'' and 13 stone, I still feel pretty skinny. I cant imagine being 8 stone!

I aim for 3000 calories, and am slowly but surely putting on weight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Mark ripptoes starting strength
3000 calories a day
sleep for 8 hours +

Short. Simple and to the point.
Reply 14
Stop scaring the poor kid.
It's not as if he's going to float away the next time the wind picks up.

Anyway, I only weigh just over 8 stone, but I'm about 5 foot 10.

But I can't see the problem with being that weight. I'm very healthy, and feel like I have a lot of energy.

I can cycle much better than anyone I know, even if their BMI is "normal". I don't have any trouble with lifting weights the same as my 14 stone friend.

What's the problem?
Original post by Nucleo
I'd get a serious health consultant to help you out, instead of seaking advice on a student forum. You're on the verge of of being clinically anerexic.

If his BMI is 14.something, he's emaciated, well past anorexic
Why the hell do you people keep negging me? I gave advice i thought was reasonable, got negged, removed it, got negged...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Roxas
Doesn't that make you 15 stone? It could be all muscle! :biggrin:

i doubt it i have a 38 inch waste i look quite chubby too
Aww don't fret dude :smile: You look fine, but for your health I think you should definitely aim to put on around 2 stone. Have you spoken to your GP?
Reply 19
Original post by Nick1sHere
8 stone... I **** that after a good meal :eek:

Calm down Ronnie.

Quick Reply

Latest