The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by emknowsaunicorn
I'm a little confused.
So I enter my 4 AS's as seperate qualifications (they got certificated in August), then enter my 3 A2 subjects as different ones but put them as pending, so I'll have 2 Maths, 2 Chemistry, 2 Biology and a French?
Also, I'm resitting one module of AS French in January, do I need to put that down or not?
Yes, in all respects.
Reply 61
Original post by Minerva
Once my application has gone in, how long does it take for my Welcome letter to arrive?
Usually within a few days if you are UK based. Once your application has been fully processed, you can usually get in to Track without having your letter to hand, using your UCAS ID number without spaces/hyphens and hitting the 'lost password' button.

Hi Minerva,

Thank you for making this thread:smile:

I need to change some of my choices, but my application is yet to be processed. Do you know how long it takes for the application to be processed?

Thanks
Reply 62
Original post by Oggz
Hi Minerva,

Thank you for making this thread:smile:

I need to change some of my choices, but my application is yet to be processed. Do you know how long it takes for the application to be processed?

Thanks
It's usually done within 48 hours (not including weekends, of course).
Reply 63
So UCL require UMS right? I haven't put these in and i've already sent my application off so it should be with my referee. Will this seriously disadvantage me with UCL or will they send me something else where i can enter my UMS scores?
Original post by JongKey
So UCL require UMS right? I haven't put these in and i've already sent my application off so it should be with my referee. Will this seriously disadvantage me with UCL or will they send me something else where i can enter my UMS scores?

If UCL require UMS, send it to them seperately. Don't risk the whole application by including the UMS scores where you're not supposed to.
Reply 65
Original post by TheSownRose
If UCL require UMS, send it to them seperately. Don't risk the whole application by including the UMS scores where you're not supposed to.

How do i send it to them separately? Do i just wait until they send me something?
Original post by JongKey
How do i send it to them separately? Do i just wait until they send me something?

Ask them if they send out of forms or if they'd like you to send them an e-mail or letter.
Reply 67
I want to add the IELTS exam on UCAS. They say that first I have to add a centre. I guess the centre is British Council. But what about the 'start/finish dates' and 'attendance'?! I didn't attend the British Council, nor did I start/finish anything there.
Reply 68
On UCAS track I wanted to change my fifth choice from UEA to UCL after going to an open day at Imperial and finding I would really like to live in London. My application was processed on 23/09/11, I went to the open day on 28/09/11 and was planning to change my choice on 30/09/11 which would have been within the 7 days. However, I forgot then on 01/10/11 I remembered I had wanted to change my choice and without realising it was 8 days after my application had been processed (i.e. 1 day too late) I went to make the change and ended up accidently withdrawing my application to UEA and wasting a choice. I cannot call UCAS as they are only open Mondays to Fridays and their email just comes back with an automated unhelpful response. What should/can I do?? It was a genuine mistake :s-smilie:
Reply 69
Original post by benom2
I want to add the IELTS exam on UCAS. They say that first I have to add a centre. I guess the centre is British Council. But what about the 'start/finish dates' and 'attendance'?! I didn't attend the British Council, nor did I start/finish anything there.
Just put in part-time and the month you took the exam as the start and then the finish date.

Original post by abemco
On UCAS track I wanted to change my fifth choice from UEA to UCL after going to an open day at Imperial and finding I would really like to live in London. My application was processed on 23/09/11, I went to the open day on 28/09/11 and was planning to change my choice on 30/09/11 which would have been within the 7 days. However, I forgot then on 01/10/11 I remembered I had wanted to change my choice and without realising it was 8 days after my application had been processed (i.e. 1 day too late) I went to make the change and ended up accidently withdrawing my application to UEA and wasting a choice. I cannot call UCAS as they are only open Mondays to Fridays and their email just comes back with an automated unhelpful response. What should/can I do?? It was a genuine mistake :s-smilie:
Ring UCAS tomorrow - they should be able to reinstate your choice for you. People make mistakes like this all the time.
Reply 70
I have not sent in my UCAS application yet, neither have i completely registered for LNAT, which I'd like to take in November. I've been studying but i just got all the money together for all my applications. Should I be worried? Will less consideration be given to me if I'm not early?
Mate I gave in mine in December. I think the deadline is 15th January for most people applying through UCAS (it was for me, as I started this year).
Original post by anxioustaf
I have not sent in my UCAS application yet, neither have i completely registered for LNAT, which I'd like to take in November. I've been studying but i just got all the money together for all my applications. Should I be worried? Will less consideration be given to me if I'm not early?

No, deadline is October 15th. That's when mine will be in.
Reply 73
Original post by TotalLifeForever
No, deadline is October 15th. That's when mine will be in.
Not for most courses and unis, it isn't.

anxioustaf
x
Unless you are applying for Medicine/Vet Med/Oxbridge, you have plenty of time. Even if you are subject to the 15 October deadline, as long as the application hits UCAS by 23.59 on 15 October you'll be fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by anxioustaf

No don't worry. As long as you get it in by the relevant deadline you will be given equal consideration. :smile:
Reply 75
:smile: Thank you all very much! Your advice is much appreciated.
Reply 76
By and large, forget ‘career prospects’ and go for what really interests you and you are good at.

I was wondering why do you say this???

Isn't it quite pointless if you finish a degree in X but still unable to find a job?

Anyways, I am in a huge dilemma... I have great interest in Management but I heard that the prospects and prestige of taking an Economics degree is greater... Any advice?

Thank you so much!
Reply 77
Sort of panicking-i submitted my final ucas last week, and my school have sent it off. I'm applying for medicine so needed the early submission-in the rush it seems that both me and my teachers overlooked general studies. I haven't had any lessons, but i gather that we are doing both the AS and A2 in June! Obviously my offer wouldn't include it-and i don't even know if i've been entered-but is it worth me trying to contact ucas and add it in-or is it off little importance as it won't be looked at by the universities anyway? Hope to hear back from someone soon, just to cure my panic attack...
Need some help please, in the Education area.

I've done GCSEs, AS levels and doing A2 this year. What do I enter on the Education bit? I've put in my grades at GCSE, my AS results and my A2 subjects with grades pending. Is this right?
Original post by TotalLifeForever
Need some help please, in the Education area.

I've done GCSEs, AS levels and doing A2 this year. What do I enter on the Education bit? I've put in my grades at GCSE, my AS results and my A2 subjects with grades pending. Is this right?

Yes.