Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maz89
hey mine is on next thursday too!!!

mine too!!
Reply 81
Original post by AbigailBowden
I got in last year to Manc with 590 :smile:

oh wow! cool :smile:

how was the interview ?? did they ask really tough questions?
this thread reeks of depression
Reply 83

Dont worry you cant self plagiarise, what a joke! Its the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work. Therefore you can't steal your own work. The uni will recognise thats it already been submitted BY YOU!

ah ok cool, yeah exactly wt a joke! are u a gap year student too?
Original post by kubs
oh wow! cool :smile:

how was the interview ?? did they ask really tough questions?

Manchester was the best interview they were so nice, it was laid back & the questions were exactly what you would want. :biggrin:
Original post by conjepense
ah ok cool, yeah exactly wt a joke! are u a gap year student too?

Well yes and no. I got my offer last year and firmed manchester but i didnt get an A in history so I've gone back to sixth form and doing extra alevels to make up for my awful history grade and now im reapplying. But ive been travelling and gained further dental experience so hopefully i'll get another offer this time. I have my UKCAT on thursday :s-smilie:

are you a gap year student? Or are you reapplying?
Well yes and no. I got my offer last year and firmed manchester but i didnt get an A in history so I've gone back to sixth form and doing extra alevels to make up for my awful history grade and now im reapplying. But ive been travelling and gained further dental experience so hopefully i'll get another offer this time. I have my UKCAT on thursday :s-smilie:

are you a gap year student? Or are you reapplying?

hey what was your ukcat score last year if you dont mind me asking and how does manchester use the ukcat score
Reply 87
do kings take reapplicants? can someone please clarify? i applied last year and got on the waiting list but now i'm resitting some modules this year and not sure whether to apply there again or not.

BY THE WAY - i had an offer at QMUL with a ukcat of 657 so everyone should stop worrying saying you need a massive ukcat score for queen mary's!
Original post by alexxa.s
do kings take reapplicants? can someone please clarify? i applied last year and got on the waiting list but now i'm resitting some modules this year and not sure whether to apply there again or not.

BY THE WAY - i had an offer at QMUL with a ukcat of 657 so everyone should stop worrying saying you need a massive ukcat score for queen mary's!

well when i called them the said they didnt but kings is a bit wierd when it comes to reapplicants becasue i know a few people who got in a couple of years ago as resit applicants.
my answer is dunno lol and possibly no unless you have certain circumstances.
me personally is a retake applicant, however i wont be applying as my gcse grades are rubbish and probably/most definitely will fail my ukcat aswell
Original post by undertaker1
hey what was your ukcat score last year if you dont mind me asking and how does manchester use the ukcat score

my UKCAT was 590 last year manchester dont only use that. Id say manc are more about personal statement and interview.
Reply 90
Original post by zazzi
You do realise you can self-plagiarise and actually get into trouble for it whilst at university (or anywhere else)?

For example the majority of universities in the UK use a software called ''Turn It In'' which checks documents for plagiarism. Everything submitted through this software is stored for life and is cross-checked with every new document submitted. It checks online sources, books, courseworks, journals, research papers ... you name it. Over the past few years it has become a very popular method of getting students to submit assessments. It checks the document and highlights any parts which have flagged up as plagiarised including the suspected source which it has been plagiarised from. If you were to submit an essay for module 'A' through TurnItIn and then submit the same essay for module 'B' through TurnItIn, it would flag up as 100% plagiarised and you'd probably get disciplined if you were at university. Ignorance is not an excuse when it comes to academic malpractice.

Don't be an idiot, those are 2 completely different situations with completely different connotations.

Essays for Module A and Module B are likley to be on 2 different subjects for a start. So self plagerism is likley to be minimal, and if you just submitted the same essay all year long, obviously you would get pulled up for it! Plagerism is more to do with paraphrasing ideas and theories of others without quotations.

A personal statement is about you!!! How can you possibly make it completely different from year to year your still the SAME PERSON so it's likley to be pretty similar right? It's obviously bad practice to not change it at all as in the second year of application you are likley to have things to add to your statement. But seriously?! Self plagerism of a personal statement? C'mon! Before giving such difinitive and catagoric advice please ensure that your actually right. Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kartace
Don't be an idiot, those are 2 completely different situations with completely different connotations.

Essays for Module A and Module B are likley to be on 2 different subjects for a start. So self plagerism is likley to be minimal, and if you just submitted the same essay all year long, obviously you would get pulled up for it! Plagerism is more to do with paraphrasing ideas and theories of others without quotations.

A personal statement is about you!!! How can you possibly make it completely different from year to year your still the SAME PERSON so it's likley to be pretty similar right? It's obviously bad practice to not change it at all as in the second year of application you are likley to have things to add to your statement. But seriously?! Self plagerism of a personal statement? C'mon! Before giving such difinitive and catagoric advice please ensure that your actually right. Thanks.

yeah your right i also did some research---lol how can you get in trouble for copying yourself

WTF why the neg reps did i post the original comment-it was posted by zazzi
i just made comment to support the conclusion
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
hey guys

does anybody know if Manchester,Kings college, dundee or cardiff take re-applicants? (i havent re-sat), i got AAA but no offers last year??

thanks so much!

i got 647.5 in the ukcat this time, is this reasonable for the unis that im applying to?
Reply 93
Original post by pb101

Original post by pb101
hey guys

does anybody know if Manchester,Kings college, dundee or cardiff take re-applicants? (i havent re-sat), i got AAA but no offers last year??

thanks so much!

i got 647.5 in the ukcat this time, is this reasonable for the unis that im applying to?

yeah they all take reapplicants just as long as you've done stuff in your gap year. i got 3 As and a B with no offers last year so im reapplying too :smile:
Reply 94
yeah your right i also did some research---lol how can you get in trouble for copying yourself

Makes a change (!)
Original post by zazzi
Makes a change (!)

what????:confused:
mate your a joker
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
what????:confused:
mate your a joker

You're a resit applicant, aren't you? :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by conjepense
yeah they all take reapplicants just as long as you've done stuff in your gap year. i got 3 As and a B with no offers last year so im reapplying too :smile:

do you specifically have to mention your gap year in ur personal statement??

thanks!
Original post by zazzi
You're a resit applicant, aren't you? :smile:

yeh ur point
Original post by pb101
do you specifically have to mention your gap year in ur personal statement??

thanks!

well you mite aswell because you have an advantage to do alot more work experiance than other applicants so you can mention in your PS.

Quick Reply

Latest