The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Urgh overly predictable, massively overhyped.

Also think about in first episode when Canton Everett Delaware the third says it's definitely the real Doctor not a clone or anything...**** you Canton, **** you!

Really let down :frown:

I never believed Canton :indiff: Who the **** is he to know the difference, its not like he is very experienced in clones and robots or anything
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
I never believed Canton :indiff: Who the **** is he to know the difference, its not like he is very experienced in clones and robots or anything

Yeah, just seems stupid to have included the line about it being the real doctor when they had no need.
Original post by Colonel.
Deus ex machina is Latin for God coming out of the machine, which is what happened in the episode.

Ohhhh it makes sense now, thank you. That is actually rather genius as tongue in cheek humour. But to use as a finale - rather disappointing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
Surely that's more down to you just not being able to read properly?

"not a species as a whole like humanity"

This is the key sentence I was missing from my memory. I apologise :tongue:

We actually settled the argument while playing Halo that night, and I finally clicked onto how we were saying the same thing in different ways.

I thought the episode was a bit rubbish tbh, I mean, it was entertaining - but I was expecting a much better conclusion. The deus ex machina was just disappointing for me, and I was hoping for a much cleverer twist. So hopping on that greatly depreciated my value of the episode :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
So...Naked River never happened. Anyone else notice that was missed out?
Reply 7065
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

According to Moffat on Twitter the scene was deleted for being 'Too Naughty'
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

Yep, posted about it a couple of pages back.

Original post by Yoghurt

Unless it's in the Christmas episode as pretty sure we haven't seen River at Stormcage this half of the series.
Reply 7067
Original post by Yoghurt

Original post by Yoghurt

Doctor Who after 9 with Karen Gillan as a full time kissogram :sexface:
Original post by SirMasterKey
Yep, posted about it a couple of pages back.

Unless it's in the Christmas episode as pretty sure we haven't seen River at Stormcage this half of the series.

It's definitely been deleted. I think it was supposed it was happen in The Impossible Astronaut. after she received her envelope, with her packing and undressing in front of the prison guard or someone and her closet/chest of drawers was apparently bigger on the inside.

I remember reading about it a couple of weeks ago.
i don't remember ever seeing a naked river o___O
Original post by dizzeedollee
i don't remember ever seeing a naked river o___O

Pretty much every trailer for series 6.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
I'm very much confused here :confused: what what?

It was literally a 'deux ex machina'.

...Literally.
Hmm. I get how some people could be disappointed.

I really liked it though.
Original post by 04ghicks
I reckon the Doctor is Gavros (is that right, the dalek leader?) and somehow went crazy, turned into a dalek and started the time war?

It would be an interesting end to Doctor-whodom anyway :P

As for this episode...I really do love River, but I sort of cringed a bit when she massively over-acted when they had soppy emotional moments...

Negged for not writing and reading all of Dr Who wiki?

Negged for calling "DAVROS" "GAVROS"...

I mean really, it's just unnecessary.
http://www.teefury.com/# THIS IS AWESOME, just sharing the love

note- this site changes the tee shirt they sell everyday.
Original post by Colonel.
What did people think of the series as a whole?

Personally, I think this series highlighted that Moffat gets too few episodes, which for the grand storylines that he creates, make the episodes seem rushed. He had five episodes to answer some questions from the last series (some of which are still not answered), introduce the Doctor's death, explain the origin of River and actually introduce the prospect of Amy being pregnant, introduce and explain the Silence and then resolve all this (some of which is still not resolved).

It's a lot for five episodes, but he won't write every episode as that's far too much money that the BBC will give to a writer. Personally, I think we should get in a co-Head Writer, maybe get 8/13 episodes devoted to the main storyline.

...Not gonna happen :frown:

But he gets the exact same number as Russel T Davies had and he always managed to wrap up his story arcs in one series. Plus surely he could tell some of the writers cover some aspects of the story arc in their episodes (I presume he did this with the gangers). I just think he packs to much into building up the mystery and doesnt answer it.

I think the series has been rather inconsistant. It is hard to believe episodes as good as Day of the Moon for example were in the same series as Night Terrors. I think they need to deal with that, I thought they got it just right in series 4 but now it is a bit off.

I like the idea of a co-head writer as it would mean less filler episodes and more consistancy between head writers swapping over. I also hope we finally get some ANSWERS in series 7 as the story is being dragged out beyound belief. Oh and I`m praying the christmas special is better than last year *shudder* .
Original post by darthgirlie
http://www.teefury.com/# THIS IS AWESOME, just sharing the love

note- this site changes the tee shirt they sell everyday.

Teefury seems to be great for Dr Who shirts. I have this one from there:

I wonder if there is a connection between Lake Silencio and the Silents. Maybe they have a secret base under there or something and that's why it's called Lake Silencio? :beard:
Reply 7078
Original post by emi_sarb
I wonder if there is a connection between Lake Silencio and the Silents. Maybe they have a secret base under there or something and that's why it's called Lake Silencio? :beard:

There has got to be, especially with the "Plain of sighs/plain sight" thing going on.
Original post by lightburns
Teefury seems to be great for Dr Who shirts. I have this one from there:

I really wanted that one! But didnt have any money at the time.

Latest