The Student Room Group

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes

Scroll to see replies

Rihanna knows where it's at.
Reply 61
Jack and Sally?

Original post by chickensalad
Heey I'm going to a dressing up party soon and I'm going as a cowgirl :smile:

So far I have a checked shirt & denim shorts but I'm wondering what accessories I should get and where from? :smile:

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks xx

I did this a few years ago. I wore a green and white gingham shirt (it wouldn't do up over my boobs, so I had it unbuttoned) over a white vest with a denim skirt that I had customised by sewing dip dyed strips of fabric on to the bottom which all my friends said looked amazing and brown knee high boots. I bought a cheap white plastic cowboy hat and wore my hair in pigtails. I also bought a fancy dress gun belt complete with water gun which everyone enjoyed.
Reply 63
So everyone I just wanted to know what everyone is doing for Halloween. Are you having a party or going to an event?

But more to the point, what are you going as! I need inspiration. I have found some really fun ones, check out the one below

There are a few that I have found, tell me what you think of them

Barnacle Bill

Body Bag

Straight Jacket - I do like this one but I want a free hand for beer!

Tell us all what you are doing!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Lady Gaga is a Fashion Bomb

Barbie. Some people hate it, but I dress like that all the time, its really cute.
cave girl. Iv always wanted to go as a cave girl!!
Reply 67
You could go as a gangster? All you need is a white shirt, black tie and a trilby/fedora...
I don't watch 'Made In Chelsea' but googling it, they look like party outfits, but is there anything a bit different (without looking too weird/offensive) I could do for a 'Made In Chelsea' themed freshers pub crawl? :smile:

Any ideas/pics are more than welcome.
Reply 70
Fancy dress party coming up, not very much cash to spend, but would like to look good, and look like i made an effort.
any costume ideas for a 17yo guy?
Can anyone give me some good inspiration for this?!

Looking for something easy to do but with maximum impact haha. This is probably a pretty common theme so if you've done it then what did you go as?

Thank youuuuu :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by SweetsAndSugar
Meh - it depends. Do you think it's slutty for a girl to wear a tight mini skirt and tight top baring lots of flesh?

It depends on how its worn.
I would post a picture but I'd be banned for life.

It's a dildo on the forehead.
For girls: floaty cream coloured dresses, heels and hair down in big curls, centre parting if possible.
For guys: grey trousers, white shirt, and an air of dickishness about you.
I did a devil costume once I had horns, a tail and a mini trident, I wore a red vest and red tutu skirt all with red lingerie, smoky eyes, red lipstick and red nails.
Original post by Stodders

Original post by Stodders
Fancy dress party coming up, not very much cash to spend, but would like to look good, and look like i made an effort.
any costume ideas for a 17yo guy?

Grim reaper
Mafia leader
Nosferatu
A woman
Tarzan :mmm:
Superman
All of the above
Reply 77
I wanted to go as silk spectre II for halloween (gn version, not the latexy movie version) but it would probably be a bit too revealing for a school dance :frown: Any ideas how I could make it less slutty but stay true to the costume? Or alternative ideas? I want to go as something more original than a cowgirl etc :smile:
Original post by Harley
I wanted to go as silk spectre II for halloween (gn version, not the latexy movie version) but it would probably be a bit too revealing for a school dance :frown: Any ideas how I could make it less slutty but stay true to the costume? Or alternative ideas? I want to go as something more original than a cowgirl etc :smile:

So you're looking for something like this?

I'd suggest a black leotard/swimsuit, plus a knee length yellow semi transparent dress (plenty around in primark, h&m atm)
Reply 79
Original post by greeneyedgirl
So you're looking for something like this?

I'd suggest a black leotard/swimsuit, plus a knee length yellow semi transparent dress (plenty around in primark, h&m atm)

Yup that's it :smile: I can see how the stuff would be easy to find but I wasn't sure if it's a bit revealing for a costume?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending