The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Is it RB+shoot to do overheads? Or is it still contextual? I was trying to do them so often to no avail :colonhash:

I do know what you mean about the passing though, it is especially annoying when trying intricate passing on the edge of the area.
I just went for the flair shot at the near post from a cross and he did it....I don't know if there is a specific way to do it

Yeah, passing all the way through the team then it messes up the final pass, just had that pretty much all game against Real, then he heads my goal kick back through my entire team Higuain clean through, goes for the J-goal to Di Maria, nothing I could do, wins 1-0 :angry:
Original post by member9876
Can anyone help me out. I have got xbox live working and if i want to do with ultimate team can i only make 1 account on it as i share my profile with someone. What other live options can i do bar the friendly matches agaisnt other online players
Head to head seasons, friendly seasons against friends. I think you can have more than I ultimate team on the same profile though.
Reply 1002
Used the 59th minute trick and got a Rafael for 600 :rofl:
Reply 1003
Original post by kuks
Used the 59th minute trick and got a Rafael for 600 :rofl:

600 BIN? Could someone explain to me the 59th minute trick?
Glad I found this thread. Been a FIFA fan since it took over PES at FIFA 09 IMHO, skipped FIFA 10 to 11. Loved 11 but can't get to grips with 12's new defence system. I know you can change it back to legacy but online you apparently have to use the new system? Thats the main thing putting me off 12

Thanks
Reply 1005
Original post by zxh800

Yep. What you do is set gold, and a certain buy now and go to the page where time is at the 59th minute. Keep looking through them until you find a good bargain :smile:
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Glad I found this thread. Been a FIFA fan since it took over PES at FIFA 09 IMHO, skipped FIFA 10 to 11. Loved 11 but can't get to grips with 12's new defence system. I know you can change it back to legacy but online you apparently have to use the new system? Thats the main thing putting me off 12

Thanks
You need to use jockeying far more. I tend to stand off with my defenders and try and use midfielders to tackle. I also always try to make a the challenge before they get in the box as giving away penalties is so easy. Its essential on 12 to keep the team's shape.
Reply 1007
Original post by zxh800
Holy Moly. Is this on PS3? or 360?

PS3

Original post by zxh800

Set max BIN to 600, gold cards, buy any Shiny you see and you can make your money back/slight profit by discarding if they don't sell. Put a rubber band round the left stick and leave it for 1/4 to 1/2 an hour to get to there.
Original post by doggyfizzel
You need to use jockeying far more. I tend to stand off with my defenders and try and use midfielders to tackle. I also always try to make a the challenge before they get in the box as giving away penalties is so easy. Its essential on 12 to keep the team's shape.

Oooooo I miss the days of just bashing the A/X button (Alternate controls signs of an EX PES fan lol). If a £20 deal comes out which normally happens ill buy the game in a heartbeat in a bid to learn the new defending system :biggrin:
Reply 1009
Put a contract on the Rafael and sold him for 2200 :biggrin:

Picked up 3 Ben Arfas for 550 each :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
For my first bikey I scored with Nani - but it was ruled offside :angry: I scored one 30 seconds later with my VP tho :tongue:
Reply 1011
Why are contract cards so cheap? :holmes:
Original post by kuks
Why are contract cards so cheap? :holmes:

I know what you mean, I've been sitting on a tonne of them for ages :mad:
Still can't get into the web app. LET ME IN :fuhrer:
Original post by Mess.
Is it RB+shoot to do overheads? Or is it still contextual? I was trying to do them so often to no avail :colonhash:

I do know what you mean about the passing though, it is especially annoying when trying intricate passing on the edge of the area.

It's Left trigger and B to do flair shots or flair passing. Basically cheeky things like backheels, overhead kicks etc. - Done quite a few, quite easy to do, though it isn't sensible to do it unless coasting imo.
Reply 1015
On the demo you could switch to legacy defending by going to the controller options.

Not sure if that's there in the game however. If not, try practising in the arena.
Reply 1016
Original post by kuks
Put a contract on the Rafael and sold him for 2200 :biggrin:

Picked up 3 Ben Arfas for 550 each :p:

Thanks for the 59 minute tip! Got Rafael for 800 and flipped him for 2500!
Reply 1017
Original post by zxh800
Thanks for the 59 minute tip! Got Rafael for 800 and flipped him for 2500!

Nice :smile:
Got a Ramires for 3300 now and flipped for 5000 :colone:
Reply 1018
Picked up Lucas Moura for 5k...I've wanted him for so long. To keep him or sell him for more? :confused:
Anyone know roughly how much Valencia is worth? Can seem to find him in search.

Quick Reply