The Student Room Group

Applying without AS grades ?

I'm a mature student currently self-studying 3 a-levels from home. Reading through other people's UCAS applications is kind of freaking me out - I've opted to do both AS and A2 in one year, so when I apply to unis I'm not going to have any AS grades to show.
I just wondered if, realistically, universities will even consider my application without some solid AS grades to go on?
Reply 1
Original post by rubyrubyhobo
I'm a mature student currently self-studying 3 a-levels from home. Reading through other people's UCAS applications is kind of freaking me out - I've opted to do both AS and A2 in one year, so when I apply to unis I'm not going to have any AS grades to show.
I just wondered if, realistically, universities will even consider my application without some solid AS grades to go on?

You might be at some disadvantage as universities want some sort of indicator as to how well you are doing through your A level course and AS results are that main indicator though I'm sure if the universities in question where not blind they would take into account you being a mature student and look at other indicators - If you've got a mentor or someone who is monitoring your progress it would be ideal if they can write up how they think you are doing and what grades you are predicted to get.
Reply 2

Is it an online A-Level course? If you have a tutor you could ask them to give you predictions. That's what I'm hoping to do.
Reply 3
Original post by Mister.T
Is it an online A-Level course? If you have a tutor you could ask them to give you predictions. That's what I'm hoping to do.

It's not an online course (I'm self-studying) but I have a teacher at a local exam centre who is going to mark my coursework for me so hopefully he'll be able to help me out with the predicted grades, not too sure if he'll be allowed to predict them for all my subjects though as he's a History teacher :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending