The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Thescorchedman

Original post by Thescorchedman
Hey, I got a D in my biology EMPA (pending remark, not hopeful), but an A overall. Will this affect my application, because if it doesn't go up, I'll retake?
Overall, I got 6As at AS + an A in the EPQ, have been predicted 4 A*s for A2, and got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE.
Thanks in advance!

I'm sure I've answered this before. If you don't put the module marks on your form, the universities won't even know and will just see that you've got an A.
I'm applying! Sent my UCAS off two days ago, and got it back because I forgot to put my General Studies grade in. Sent it off for sure yesterday, and has just sunk in.
Feels gooood. :smile:
I'm scoring 30 %s in practice papers on the bmat... the future looks bright -_-
Original post by Jasmine_777
I'm scoring 30 %s in practice papers on the bmat... the future looks bright -_-

A month is a long time to get better. You'll do fine!
:smile:
Reply 184
I do you think i have a chance at imperial,much appreciated.
7a*, 2a, 2b at gcse
4a's at as level
3a* and 1a predicitions for a2+predicted a* for my extended project
do i have a chance at please help me
i knw most ppl will say destroy ur bmat, bur what will i approximately need, and realistically do i have a chance
Original post by paul272
I do you think i have a chance at imperial,much appreciated.
7a*, 2a, 2b at gcse
4a's at as level
3a* and 1a predicitions for a2+predicted a* for my extended project
do i have a chance at please help me

That's all fine.
i knw most ppl will say destroy ur bmat, bur what will i approximately need, and realistically do i have a chance

You will need the cutoff score (last year's is in the online prospectus), and you will realistically have a chance if you make it!
Sent my application last week :smile:!
Hey guys I was just wondering would I be able to get in to Imperial with 3 A* & 8 A's for gcse ??

I'm still studying for my a- levels but im predicted AAAA :smile:

Medicine all the wayyyy !

Please Help :frown: & Answer !! :smile: thanks x
Original post by nina.babesz
Hey guys I was just wondering would I be able to get in to Imperial with 3 A* & 8 A's for gcse ??

I'm still studying for my a- levels but im predicted AAAA :smile:

Medicine all the wayyyy !

Please Help :frown: & Answer !! :smile: thanks x

That's all fine. Obviously you'd need a decent BMAT score as well.
Thaaaaaank Youuu :smile: that really boosted my spirits !!
Hey! I'm currently a medic fresher at Imperial and I just want to say it's AWESOME HERE!! The medic events are amazing, everyone is super friendly and I've found it easy fitting in! So yeah, I guess you're already chosen your options but if you haven't, impy is the way to go! Good luck xx
Original post by lola1993
Hey! I'm currently a medic fresher at Imperial and I just want to say it's AWESOME HERE!! The medic events are amazing, everyone is super friendly and I've found it easy fitting in! So yeah, I guess you're already chosen your options but if you haven't, impy is the way to go! Good luck xx

Hey, nice one!
Any protips for the applications procedure?
Sorry to ask, it's just that I'd love to go there next year.
:colone:
how do imperial use the BMAT? i know you have to meet a cut-off mark, but do they use it after that? and normally what is the cut-off point? i haven't even started BMAT preparation and i'm so worried :/ really wanna go to imperial though!!!
Original post by Leavesnotracks
Hey, nice one!
Any protips for the applications procedure?
Sorry to ask, it's just that I'd love to go there next year.
:colone:

You didn't really aim the question at me but I'm a medic fresher too..

My advice: bmat bmat bmat
Reply 194
hi guys :smile:

was just wondering how much physics wuld we need to learn for section 2? I have heard that sometimes the questions are as hard as AS physics qs :O so is it recommended to read up on some AS stuff? and what are the main equations people are learning for it? Ahhh bmat revision is scary! also, with the essays how is everyone marking them?

do youu guys think 3 weeks of revision should be enough for the bmat? I am SO scared! aaaah good luck to everyone this year...!! :smile:
You didn't really aim the question at me but I'm a medic fresher too..

My advice: bmat bmat bmat
I second that. If your BMAT is above the cut-off, you have to be pretty terrible on paper to not get an interview. Once you get an interview, you're much more likely to get a place than not.
Original post by lola1993
I second that. If your BMAT is above the cut-off, you have to be pretty terrible on paper to not get an interview. Once you get an interview, you're much more likely to get a place than not.

OK, so around what score would be good enough for Imperial?
Thanks a lot for the help!
:biggrin:
Original post by Sasha193
hi guys :smile:

was just wondering how much physics wuld we need to learn for section 2? I have heard that sometimes the questions are as hard as AS physics qs :O so is it recommended to read up on some AS stuff? and what are the main equations people are learning for it? Ahhh bmat revision is scary! also, with the essays how is everyone marking them?

do youu guys think 3 weeks of revision should be enough for the bmat? I am SO scared! aaaah good luck to everyone this year...!! :smile:

It's all GCSE. If people find the questions hard it's because 1) it's GCSE knowledge applied in such a way as to make things really tricky or 2) the content wasn't in their particular syllabus.

3 weeks is fine - just revise consistently :h:

Last year's cutoff is in the online prospectus. It doesn't vary that much year on year.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I recall it being around 5,5,3C ?

EDIT : I'm told 4.9,4.9,2.5C
(edited 12 years ago)
Sent off UCAS application today ahhhhh :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending