Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Where are you from? Suffolk
What are you thinking of applying for? History
What grades do you need? BBC
What grades do you have?BBB predicted ABB woo!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 21
Where are you from? Lanarkshire
What are you thinking of applying for? Film & Media and History
What grades do you need? ABBB
What grades do you have? BBCC

I realise these grades are not the best! :-/ does anyone know if it is likely that I will even be considered?
Reply 22
Original post by truthandtragedy

Is that the secondary course as well, yeah? I didn't even know it existed, I was so happy when I found it! Dreaded the thought of doing a 4 year degree and then another year PGDE!

It is indeed! Should probably start my PS tbh...
Reply 23
Original post by SBAX
Where are you from? Suffolk
What grades do you have?BBB predicted ABB woo!

I'm someone else from Southern England applying for History; perhaps see you there (dunno why you're applying for Stirling with ABB predicted though :lol:)
Reply 24
Original post by tufc
Guys, what's the night life like in Stirling? I know it's not the biggest city, but it's not dead is it?

It's has 2 main clubs Dusk and Fubar which are actully ready good nights out it all really depends who your going out with! There alot of pubs which are quite good to drop into before going to the clubs :biggrin: Stilring is Amazing!!!
Original post by Danny.
It is indeed! Should probably start my PS tbh...

Aw, tell me about it! I keep putting it off. I never imagined I'd have to write another one, but dropping out of uni was also never in my plan hah. :/

EDIT: Posting at 6am on TSR... I'm not that sad, I'm drunk and can't sleep. Blehhh.
Reply 26
I went to the open day yesterday, and wasn't very impressed by the Uni! The accomodation is like prison cells!! Was anybody else there?
Original post by Millymoo
I went to the open day yesterday, and wasn't very impressed by the Uni! The accomodation is like prison cells!! Was anybody else there?

Well, it is based off a prison. It's all very sociable though.
Reply 28
Original post by HarveyCanis
Well, it is based off a prison. It's all very sociable though.

Hmmm, I guess you're right! But sharing with up to 14 people with a kitchen with seats for 4 is that really what you want in your halls? I can't immagine having to share with 14 people! :eek:
Hmmm, I guess you're right! But sharing with up to 14 people with a kitchen with seats for 4 is that really what you want in your halls? I can't immagine having to share with 14 people! :eek:

The kitchen has about 7/8 seats and people often bring their desk chairs in. Also, most people cook at different times to others so you won't often be waiting to use the facilities. :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by HarveyCanis
The kitchen has about 7/8 seats and people often bring their desk chairs in. Also, most people cook at different times to others so you won't often be waiting to use the facilities. :smile:

The kitchen I was in definitely only had 2 little tables with 4 seats around it :/ I suppose the cooking bit is correct though! :P

Yeah I liked the uni, the accomodation was a bit of a let down though:frown:!
14 People sharing a bathroom scares me more than a kitchen :P
Reply 32
Original post by BoyceAvenue
Yeah I liked the uni, the accomodation was a bit of a let down though:frown:!
14 People sharing a bathroom scares me more than a kitchen :P

I did like how everything was within such easy walking distance, but not much else :/ Although the accomodation does seem a good price for what it is!
The kitchen I was in definitely only had 2 little tables with 4 seats around it :/ I suppose the cooking bit is correct though! :P

Ah, they must have showed you the "nice" accommodation. Yes, you will be sharing a toilet with up to 14 people and yes, the kitchen will constantly pile up with dishes, but honestly, you'll get used to it. University accommodation has and never will be known as a place of luxury. The whole squalor aspect is part of the attraction, as everyone is much more friendly and as much as the word annoys me, it's great "banter".
Reply 34
Where are you from? Somewhere inbetween Stirling and Glasgow
What are you thinking of applying for? Law
What grades do you need? AABB
What grades do you have? AABBB and doing another higher and 3 advanced this year! also have a contextual factor :smile:
Where are you from? Liverpool, England
What are you thinking of applying for? Politics BA Hons
What grades do you have? BBB
(edited 12 years ago)
I did this a few weeks back but now I've got an appeal!

Where are you from? Glasgow
What grades do you need? BBBB
What grades do you have? AAB + H Maths, English, Mods & AH History this year + contextual factor
Where are you from? York
What are you thinking of applying for? Philosophy
What grades do you have? AAABB, predicted A*A*AAA

loved it on the Open Day :biggrin: just the surroundings! ahhh :biggrin:
Reply 38
Where are you from? West Scotland
What are you thinking of applying for? French and Spanish
What grades do you have? AABB at higher, further A's at Int2
Reply 39
Original post by Darrenh800
I did this a few weeks back but now I've got an appeal!

Where are you from? Glasgow
What grades do you have? AAB + H Maths, English, Mods & AH History this year + contextual factor

What topic are you doing for AH History? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending