The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Applicants 2012

Searched for a thread for this on this subforum but couldn't find one! Strange how every other uni has one of these threads.....anyways!!! :biggrin:

I'm applying for Medicine :smile:

Anyone else applying here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for English Language which has an AAB requirement. I'm predicted A*AAAB and my AS Level results were AAABC.

The name of the accommodation escapes me, but there was some over the motorway which looked relatively new which I'd hope to end up in! :smile:

Hope to get to know some people from here in the future!
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I'm applying for medicine as well

Most of the accomodation was really good, and the city is great :smile:
Reply 3
I've applied for Marketing and also International Business :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SilverArch
I'm applying for medicine as well

Most of the accomodation was really good, and the city is great :smile:

Aha fellow medical applicant! :biggrin: Did you apply to just Newcastle, or choose the "either campus" option? :smile:
I applied to Newcastle :smile: You?
Reply 6
I've applied to newcastle for mechanical engineering. UCAS went of on Tuesday.:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I've applied for Biology :biggrin: Course looks awesome. Wasn't so keen on the accommodation. I liked the Victoria Hall one over the motor way, but I dont think I could ever live there because there was no green or trees anywhere! Just cars and concrete :frown:
You can tell Im a Biology student can't you? :P
Anyway Im predicted A*A*A*A (A in Gen studs so not important). So Yay :smile:
People seem surprised Im going for Uni's asking ABB and stuff, but the course is way better than some that ask for AAA! So whatever :P
I'm applying for medicine.. it looks absolutely amazing!! :colondollar:
Reply 9
Hey, I'm applying for Classics :smile: anyone else doing the same?
Reply 10
Economics!
Reply 11
Speech & language sciences here. Newcastle was so nice on the open day, I hope I get an offer!
Reply 12
Another speech and language sciences! Strathclyde was my first choice but I've just spoken to a recent speech and language sciences graduate from Newcastle who absolutely raved about it! Think I have a difficult decision ahead! I was on holiday at the open day, do you know if there is another opportunity to visit?
Reply 13
Has anyone had a confirmation email yet? or an offer?
Reply 14
I've had an acknowledgement that is it (Law)
Reply 15
Original post by music3210

Original post by music3210
I've had an acknowledgement that is it (Law)

How many days after your application was it?
Reply 16
Original post by ohTS
How many days after your application was it?

Application processed 30th September, Acknowledgement 6th October
Original post by StitchMad
I'm applying for English Language which has an AAB requirement. I'm predicted A*AAAB and my AS Level results were AAABC.

The name of the accommodation escapes me, but there was some over the motorway which looked relatively new which I'd hope to end up in! :smile:

Hope to get to know some people from here in the future!

Victoria Hall? It's a blue building. I was a big fan too :smile:

Applied for Biochemistry as well.
Reply 18
hi guys im thinking about applying for history and politics but i havent had the chance to visit. is it a city university? with buildings spread across the city?
sorry it seems simple but is hard to find out! if so,, does anyone know whether there is a central area for students? thanks :smile:
Original post by yanimus
hi guys im thinking about applying for history and politics but i havent had the chance to visit. is it a city university? with buildings spread across the city?
sorry it seems simple but is hard to find out! if so,, does anyone know whether there is a central area for students? thanks :smile:

sorry to intrude on the applicant's thread, i'm a fresher in my first month at the uni so i thought i could be of some help! :smile:

the buildings are all fairly close to each other, well the one's i know of are :smile: i'm doing english literature and it's all fairly central.
i understand that there's some buildings that are a bit more spread out but the city is so easy to get around it's not an issue :smile:

as for a central point, the new su building's just been opened, a lot of people hang about there/outside there. it's opposite northern stage :smile: it's a really nice building, with lounges and study group clusters, every time i go in there i find another little place i didn't know about haha!

it is a beautiful campus in that central area. the building i'm in is in the quadrangle, which is lovely.
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/tour/campus/quadrangle/

^that's an example of how nice it is. there's more tour stuff on the website :smile:

even though the main campus is in the middle of town it does sometimes feel separated from the city, which is nice. but you can literally walk 2 mins into town as well. it's lovely :smile:

hope i've been of some assistance! haha :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending