The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by gernumblies
I'm not sure I'm ready for going back to checking my emails three times a day. :tongue:

I've already started stalking my postman. Which is completely ridiculous, because I know fine well that the deadline has yet to pass so there is no way I'll be receiving any university-related mail. I think it's just the time of year, when it gets cold and the leaves start dropping it's application/postman stalking season.
Original post by Marley13
I think it's just the time of year, when it gets cold and the leaves start dropping it's application/postman stalking season.

+rep

that's almost poetic :tongue:
I've already started stalking my postman. Which is completely ridiculous, because I know fine well that the deadline has yet to pass so there is no way I'll be receiving any university-related mail. I think it's just the time of year, when it gets cold and the leaves start dropping it's application/postman stalking season.

Original post by schizopear
+rep

that's almost poetic :tongue:

Leaves are turning red
Waiting for the letters now,
Soon my post will come.

Haikus are about the limit of my creativity. :redface:
My application went through today! So glad that's out of the way. I totally forgot to mention gap year plans (I actually have some) in my personal statement but I'm trying not to dwell on that! BMAT prep next, oh joy.
Reply 324
you know when the school sends our application off, do we get another ucas email? i'm beginning to slightly panic now!
Leaves are turning red
Soon my post will come.

beautiful :tongue:

there once was an impatient student,
who to follow the postman thought it prudent,
in the hope of some news,
from the vet schools,
but it's doubtful they'll hear for the moment!

i think i fail :redface:
Original post by Lucy_x
you know when the school sends our application off, do we get another ucas email? i'm beginning to slightly panic now!

Yes, you should get an email titled "UCAS Apply acknowledgement" when they receive your application. You can also log into UCAS Apply and it should tell you which stage it's at (if you reference has been attached etc.)

I would give your college/referee a quick ring tomorrow morning if it still hasn't been sent, and try not to panic, I'm sure it'll be fine!
Reply 327

from the vet schools,

Leaves are turning red
Soon my post will come.

These are awesome. :biggrin: But it's really true, I've done this so many times now that I associate colder weather with post stalking. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I'm ready for going back to checking my emails three times a day. :tongue:

Hahaha, 3 times is slacking. I expect atleast 20 from now on, O.k. ? :biggrin:
At least Notts and London wont be getting any death threats from me this year... but, im here to help anyone else that feels the urge to nuke either of these two :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 329
Original post by Judas the Prude
Yes, you should get an email titled "UCAS Apply acknowledgement" when they receive your application. You can also log into UCAS Apply and it should tell you which stage it's at (if you reference has been attached etc.)

I would give your college/referee a quick ring tomorrow morning if it still hasn't been sent, and try not to panic, I'm sure it'll be fine!

thank you very much! just had a check like you said and it says that my reference was attached last night at 3.30am(!) and is waiting for approval. i think my referee has been sleeping at school :tongue:

poems are great guys. i feel grateful for having a smartphone now so i don't have to keep interrupting my family on the computers/laptops etc

from the vet schools,

Limericks are on a par with haikus. :wink:

(I'd +rep you but apparently I did so too recently to do it again.)
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Hahaha, 3 times is slacking. I expect atleast 20 from now on, O.k. ? :biggrin:
At least Notts and London wont be getting any death threats from me this year... but, im here to help anyone else that feels the urge to nuke either of these two :smile:

...ok. :tongue:

Ooh! I have two gems!

this made me smile :biggrin: can't believe it's this time of year again!
Reply 333
thought i'd say hello. i missed my RVC offer this year, got a B in chemistry and they wanted an A :frown: so ive sent in another app (3rd time lucky?!) im at liverpool uni atm though doing microbiology (transfered to bioveterinary but back again!) and i absolutely love it. im having the best time ever! if i get in this year ill have to see what happens, whether i'd need to resit the b in chemistry (bristol said theyd consider me with a b, as will rvc gateway and liverpool) or if i dont get in again then ill continue with microbiology here. good luck everyone!!x
Reply 334
UCAS hasnt sent me a letter yet . . . which is odd as I had the email monday last week, and ive had emails off liv, bristol and rvc saying they've had my app :frown:
Im dreading the Bmat, cant believe I decided id give it another go :frown:
I know Bristol are only looking at the scores this year but im wooried ill fail it and they will just think naaa cant interview her!
Original post by emmah629
UCAS hasnt sent me a letter yet . . . which is odd as I had the email monday last week, and ive had emails off liv, bristol and rvc saying they've had my app :frown:
Im dreading the Bmat, cant believe I decided id give it another go :frown:
I know Bristol are only looking at the scores this year but im wooried ill fail it and they will just think naaa cant interview her!

It took six days to get mine after the email, but we've had surprisingly regular post this week. Yours will turn up soon, don't worry!

If I can let out my inner conspiracy theorist, I'm not convinced that Bristol are using it "just for research". Unless they get the results anonymously, there's no way they can guarantee they can use them without bias, but then how are they supposed to use them to see what kind of scores their preferred applicants are getting. But I'm cynical about everything, so... :tongue:
Reply 336
serious BMAT breakdown this morning! Words can't even describe my hate for Physics!
Reply 337
It took six days to get mine after the email, but we've had surprisingly regular post this week. Yours will turn up soon, don't worry!

If I can let out my inner conspiracy theorist, I'm not convinced that Bristol are using it "just for research". Unless they get the results anonymously, there's no way they can guarantee they can use them without bias, but then how are they supposed to use them to see what kind of scores their preferred applicants are getting. But I'm cynical about everything, so... :tongue:

I agree with your theory, which is why I wish I hadnt done it now. Nevermind. Was thinking of asking Lynda about it but im not sure if thats such a good idea . . .

Where have you applied to this year?
Original post by emmaaa..
thought i'd say hello. i missed my RVC offer this year, got a B in chemistry and they wanted an A :frown: so ive sent in another app (3rd time lucky?!) im at liverpool uni atm though doing microbiology (transfered to bioveterinary but back again!) and i absolutely love it. im having the best time ever! if i get in this year ill have to see what happens, whether i'd need to resit the b in chemistry (bristol said theyd consider me with a b, as will rvc gateway and liverpool) or if i dont get in again then ill continue with microbiology here. good luck everyone!!x

aww i'm sorry that you missed your offer but glad that you're having a good time anyways. good luck again this year!
Reply 339
Original post by emmah629
I agree with your theory, which is why I wish I hadnt done it now. Nevermind. Was thinking of asking Lynda about it but im not sure if thats such a good idea . . .

Where have you applied to this year?

I asked Lynda about it! she said they are 'considering using it as a tool for the future' but they aren't taking the results into consideration for 2012 entry... but who knows :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending