The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Everyones been busy with exam results/summer I suppose :tongue:
Ooooooh, I've been looking for a group like this and I've actually found one. Yay :smile:.

I've got two horses.
Beast #1
Saposcat ('Sappy')
Thoroughbred. Ex-racer (absolutely useless XD). Had him since he was about 5 1/2 and he is going to be 12 next year :O. 16hh, dark bay. Mostly do Showjumping with him, British Novice and aiming for Discovery sometime. Do a bit of everything though, and we actually won a dressage test the other week :smile:. Bought him to event, but the little sod is 'ditchy', although he's getting better! He's been difficult on the flat, but he's a totally different horse from 2-3 years ago.

Beast #2
Woodroyd Cherry Blossom ('Cherry')
Welsh Section B. 12.3hh. 21 years(!). Had her since I was 10 I think. Obviously I've outgrown her, but she is a nutter of a pony who is enjoying doing nothing because no one can ride her :frown:. Downfall of small and crazy ponies.

Will try and post some photos later!
Original post by bella127
My boy went XC with his loaner for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. Before these photos were taken he'd never ever seen a XC jump, only ever show jumps.. he was a complete star, didn't look at anything and just flew! Sorry for the overload but...

That's Stockland Lovell right? Lush XC course :smile:
Original post by SilGathien

Post pics of your horses :smile:
Reply 144

This is Dobbin :smile:
He's 13 hh and too small for us to ride, but we rescued him from an owner who kept him tied to a tree so there's a large attatchment there!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Qru

This is Dobbin :smile:
He's 13 hh and too small for us to ride, but we rescued him from an owner who kept him tied to a tree so there's a large attatchment there!

Awh lovely, i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a small enough jockey :smile:
Original post by SilGathien

Yep, its really nice! I went and had a play round the baby field before his loaner took him out over the proper jumps :wink:

Here's a few recent pics of Freddie and a few of the others I have been lucky enough to play with..

Lovely Horse there in the first picture!
Reply 148
Hi all, just thought I'd join in on this thread!

I have a mare named Rosie, she is 15.1hh, bay roan, nonspecific breed though suspected to have Ardennes in there somewhere. We mostly enjoy hacking.
When we bought her she had severe trust issues which we have since helped her to overcome, so we are very attached to her! Unfortunately when I go to Uni next year we may have to part ways, on long term loan or possibly have to sell :frown:

Had a photo shoot with 3 of my horses this weekend. Here's some of the photo's.
Original post by **CutiePie**
Had a photo shoot with 3 of my horses this weekend. Here's some of the photo's.

The third one in particular is lovely :smile: x
Original post by Pheebs1201
The third one in particular is lovely :smile: x

Thank you :smile:
heya :smile:

I have a 16.1 chestnut hanovarian x anglo arab mare called Dan Gyfaredd which means something like spellbound in welsh although for short we call her Danny
my parents bred her three years before i was born so i have grown up with her and now shes 22, totally doesnt act like it though :P

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1042427995863&set=t.100002185995683&type=3&theater
Reply 153
<-- that's Merrylegs. He's 11hh I think? British spotted - my first pony. :smile:
<-- this is Dougal Bug, my show jumping New Forest X pont (14.2hh) I love him to bits!
<-- me on our 16.2hh Irish Sports Horse, Buster Groove. He's 10 going on 2 - literally. He spooks at his shadow... :/
This is Zeus...

I love classics, classical civilisation and classical mythology, and he got his name because his white star reminded me of a lightning bolt!
Original post by rock.and.rose
This is Zeus...

I love classics, classical civilisation and classical mythology, and he got his name because his white star reminded me of a lightning bolt!

Gorgeous, but you should have called him Harry :tongue:
Gorgeous, but you should have called him Harry :tongue:

I would have liked to, but my sister's fiancé is called Harry, and it would have seemed a bit odd!
Reply 157
Hey everyone!

Just have some questions. Maybe you can help me. :biggrin:

OK. I applied to universities for a course starting in 2012. Most Universities are in Scotland. I own a horse and if I will get offers (I hope so) and move to the UK ( I'm from Germany) next year, my horse will move with me.

Can you guys tell me how much the livery costs are? Think about that my horse will be on grass the hole day and in for nights.
At the moment I spend about 200 £. Will I be ok with that or is more? :confused:
Original post by German_Saskia
Hey everyone!

Just have some questions. Maybe you can help me. :biggrin:

OK. I applied to universities for a course starting in 2012. Most Universities are in Scotland. I own a horse and if I will get offers (I hope so) and move to the UK ( I'm from Germany) next year, my horse will move with me.

Can you guys tell me how much the livery costs are? Think about that my horse will be on grass the hole day and in for nights.
At the moment I spend about 200 £. Will I be ok with that or is more? :confused:

It depends on the livery... DIY livery can be as cheap as £20 a week if you're lucky and full livery could be more like £10 a day.... it really does vary, you need to research livery yards near the universities you've applied to.
Reply 159
It depends on the livery... DIY livery can be as cheap as £20 a week if you're lucky and full livery could be more like £10 a day.... it really does vary, you need to research livery yards near the universities you've applied to.

Oh ok. What does the different liverys include? Guess it`s different from the livery in Germany. DIY= Everyhing by yourself? Feeding and put out and in?

Quick Reply

Latest