The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Asda Online Shopping

Hello

Has anyone tried buying from asda online? Do I need an account? Is there any shipping fees? Can they deliver to campus? if so, where exactly..? How much time it takes to have items delivered...? etc
Can someone share his own expereince with online shopping with asda?
As far as I know, it will be similar to Waitrose/Tesco. You will need an account (Free to sign up). There will be delivery fees, not shipping :P (Unless you go to Waitrose, it's free over £50). You choose a delivery slot, it can be as soon as the next day providing they have slots remaining, I.e. Tomorrow 5-7pm.

As for delivering to campus, I don't have an exact answer. But I don't see why they wouldn't, they'd most likely meet you at the reception of your halls? Google it :biggrin:

Hope this helps :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
som
OP
Looks like its easier than I thought, i can enter my zip code and see if they can deliver to campus. also can book time slots for delivery.
:smile:
They do deliver to campus, right to your college, we did one the other day.
Reply 4
They ring you when they arrive and you have to go down and grab the shopping from the delivery van.
You won't have a zip code though, might be an issue :/
Reply 6
Original post by flown_muse
You won't have a zip code though, might be an issue :/

You do on campus. Your college has one. Cartmel's was LA20LT or something like that.

It's simple to do, and it'll come when you ask for it to be delivered. Occasionally they'll be late when they have a backlog of things, but that's rare. I ordered weekly and they were late like 3/30 times. Most things will arrive as well, never really had anything be substituted, except they once gave me Chicken Kiev instead of Southern Fried Chicken which was bizarre.
There is a place on the order form to specify where you want them to go on campus. I lived in Furness, so I got them to stop by the on-campus garage/petrol station and would pick up my shopping there. :smile:

There is a charge for delivery, although they sometimes do free delivery offers.

Whenever I used them, I ended up having quite a lot of things substituted - sometimes meaning I missed out on the offers I had ordered and thus had to pay more. It isn't a bad service though and can be good if you want lots of heavy items. :smile:
Original post by Keegan
You do on campus. Your college has one. Cartmel's was LA20LT or something like that.

It's simple to do, and it'll come when you ask for it to be delivered. Occasionally they'll be late when they have a backlog of things, but that's rare. I ordered weekly and they were late like 3/30 times. Most things will arrive as well, never really had anything be substituted, except they once gave me Chicken Kiev instead of Southern Fried Chicken which was bizarre.

Yeah, see that's a postcode, so you will have issues :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending