The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by I<3LAMP
I get real nervous, get a lump in my throat and can't make any meaningful words leave my mouth.

I also have a stutter. :colondollar:

As for advice, Hull-York is different to other Unis where they ask you bog-standard 'Why medicine'? 'Tell me about something interesting in the news recently' etc.

The questions were random (in my eyes) though they served a purpose to make you think outside the box, under pressure and how to gather info from a random article you read before you walk in the room.

If I remember correctly there is a few sample questions on the website, well there were last year. I can't remember what they were.

I really don't know how I'm going to be at interviews!! Can you remember any questions that you were asked? I hate thinking outside the box questions :frown:
I haven't recieved my welcome letter yet on e-mail. Is this normal?
Reply 102
Original post by ravenous33
I haven't recieved my welcome letter yet on e-mail. Is this normal?

Me neither! Are we supposed to have received one?
Reply 103
Original post by Erotas
Me neither! Are we supposed to have received one?

I don't think they send one. The only email I got from the school is from uni of york about an intl student seminar.
Original post by Erotas
I really don't know how I'm going to be at interviews!! Can you remember any questions that you were asked? I hate thinking outside the box questions :frown:

I honestly can't remember anything, it was over so quick and they were weird questions. I think they asked how pets are good for your health but that's only because I have cats and that stood out.
Reply 105
Original post by Erotas

Hope that you get one first....no point thinking about questions they 'might' ask 'if' you get to interview
Reply 106
Original post by pan_93
Hope that you get one first....no point thinking about questions they 'might' ask 'if' you get to interview

Don't worry, whether I actually get an interview or not never leaves my mind! I'm already trying to prepare myself for 5 rejections :afraid: Don't need someone else to remind me that's a possibility.
Original post by Erotas
Don't worry, whether I actually get an interview or not never leaves my mind! I'm already trying to prepare myself for 5 rejections :afraid: Don't need someone else to remind me that's a possibility.

I know how you feel :sadnod:
Reply 108
Finally received my acknowledgement email! :biggrin:
Original post by Erotas
Finally received my acknowledgement email! :biggrin:

OMG really? Wow.
Actually, just recieved my acknowledgement email tooo! :biggrin::rolleyes:
Reply 111
Original post by SylveeDiggs
OMG really? Wow.

Have you not got one?
Reply 112
Actually, just recieved my acknowledgement email tooo! :biggrin::rolleyes:

Haha! Yayy :tongue:
Lol Acknowledged finally.
Original post by Erotas
Haha! Yayy :tongue:

Original post by I<3LAMP
Lol Acknowledged finally.

Yay us! I dunno why but those acknowledgement emails give me a real buzzzz :nutcase::banana:
Reply 115
Yay us! I dunno why but those acknowledgement emails give me a real buzzzz :nutcase::banana:

LOL! That made me laugh! Do you think they've only just started assessing our applications now?

Any email from a Uni gives me goosebumps. When Track updates I have a mini aneurysm.

:colondollar:
Original post by Erotas
LOL! That made me laugh! Do you think they've only just started assessing our applications now?

Probably :yep: hope they go easy on me, I love HYMS :tongue: From the 2nd we could start getting rejections/interviews. I'm worried I'm gonna get a rejection, I just have a bad feeling :s-smilie:
Original post by I<3LAMP
Any email from a Uni gives me goosebumps. When Track updates I have a mini aneurysm.

:colondollar:

I know what you mean, I get goosebumps too :tongue: Its almost bittersweet
Reply 119
Probably :yep: hope they go easy on me, I love HYMS :tongue: From the 2nd we could start getting rejections/interviews. I'm worried I'm gonna get a rejection, I just have a bad feeling :s-smilie:

I haven't been to see HYMS. Not too sure about the PBL course but if I get rejections from everywhere else I'd rather go to PBL than no medical school. I am terrified of getting all rejections too :sadnod:. But I'd be even more devastated to have an offer but miss out on it because of not getting the grades!!

Quick Reply

Latest