The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology exams (6BIO4) 25th January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bright
Damn it the only part of AS maths I couldn't do! (ok joking I couldn't do a lot of maths ..but this..) :mad: Retaking S1 was well. :'(

in my maths set people either found S1 really easy getting A/B or really difficult E/U. Me, being a freak came out with a C.
Original post by .snowflake.
I did alright on S1, got a C. resat C1 and still came out with a D :colondollar:. Got rediculously close to not even passing C2 (42UMS). Realised dropping maths was probably a very good idea.

I won't brag coz I hate braggers (if that makes sense)
Maths is for some and not others but C1 jump to C2 was quite large
Original post by This Honest
I won't brag coz I hate braggers (if that makes sense)
Maths is for some and not others but C1 jump to C2 was quite large

C2 to C3 = mind. blown. Yet funnily enough I did seem to understand simpsons rule.

Simpsons rule gets used with chemistry. I get log to base e just enough to be able to use it in chemistry and I get how to 'un-log' stuff. The difficult numberystuff O_o
C2 to C3 = mind. blown. Yet funnily enough I did seem to understand simpsons rule.

Simpsons rule gets used with chemistry. I get log to base e just enough to be able to use it in chemistry and I get how to 'un-log' stuff. The difficult numberystuff O_o

C3 is alright for now but apparently it's harder than C4 :erm:
Simpsons rule? Never heard of it, I'm on the Edexcel board.
Reply 24
1 mark of a grade A in AS
1 mark of a grade A in unit 3 c/w
I got a B in unit 2 which was shocking coz I thought I smashed it until I got my paper back :/but I've swallowed the shock

What about u

I am just silly, did no work the whole of S1, ended up revising (not learning) night before and screwed. Gotta do well now.. (teach myself the whole of S1).. :/
Reply 25
1 mark of a grade A in AS
1 mark of a grade A in unit 3 c/w
I got a B in unit 2 which was shocking coz I thought I smashed it until I got my paper back :/but I've swallowed the shock

What about u

90 something UMS for unit 1.
B for coursework.
C for unit 2.
OVERALL: B

Plan: Get 90+ UMS for unit 2 retake. (and 6B104)
C3 is alright for now but apparently it's harder than C4 :erm:
Simpsons rule? Never heard of it, I'm on the Edexcel board.

Ah, I had OCR.
Original post by Bright
90 something UMS for unit 1.
B for coursework.
C for unit 2.
OVERALL: B

Plan: Get 90+ UMS for unit 2 retake. (and 6B104)

It sucks doesn't it. Well, there's a saying: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Good plan though for S1 and Bio 4, I really would like to get above 110 though :colondollar:
Ah, I had OCR.

I saw my mate's OCR book for AS chem and I was like :eek: OCR is pretty darn hard compared to Edexcel
Reply 29
It sucks doesn't it. Well, there's a saying: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Good plan though for S1 and Bio 4, I really would like to get above 110 though :colondollar:

Same! 110 is my goal for these Bios. :smile:

Are you retaking S1 as well?
Original post by Bright
Same! 110 is my goal for these Bios. :smile:

Are you retaking S1 as well?

Hell no! I hate S1 so much. I revised so much for it but I got an A grade, 80 ums.
I would have liked to got much higher but I'm not complaining :smile:

Btw, the S1 exam was the second hardest exam I've sat ever
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Hell no! I hate S1 so much. I revised so much for it but I got an A grade, 80 ums.
I would have liked to got much higher but I'm not complaining :smile:

Btw, the S1 exam was the second hardest exam I've sat ever

I hated the sight of S1 since my first lesson. Literally loathe it.. but got to leave the hate behind now and learn the damn thing! I want an A!!! :'(
Original post by Bright
I hated the sight of S1 since my first lesson. Literally loathe it.. but got to leave the hate behind now and learn the damn thing! I want an A!!! :'(

S1- past papers and revision is all you need
Good luck and if you remember me, tell me how u got on next year :smile:
Reply 33
Ahh I'm taking this. I can't believe some people are just starting their coursework when mine is completely finished! Perhaps our school is just really organised for once?

I got a high A in unit 2 but somehow got a C in unit 1 so I have to retake unit 1 with all the lower sixth ha. I really dislike the forensics topic for some reason and I much prefer the ecology one (though I still hate it, just not as much as forensics).

Cannot wait for this year to be over with biology is my worse subject :frown:
Reply 34
S1- past papers and revision is all you need
Good luck and if you remember me, tell me how u got on next year :smile:

Will defo! :biggrin: (Let's just hope it's something worth mentioning!) :smile: Good luck with your A levels and getting into uni! :smile:
Reply 35
Hi!
I did edexcel biology a level this year, meaning ive been through what you guys are going to go through in the next year. If you've got any questions on any of the stuff (coursework, knowledge) then ask away! Seriously its not an easy exam but once you understand all the cycles and what not its easy peasy :smile:
good luck!
C xx
I don't think I'm going to do well in this. Some of the questions on ecosystems and global warming are so vague and I'd never pick up marks on them if they were in the exam! I find it so frustrating when I know the work but I don't write it in the way that gets marks in the exam.

And there's the coursework, I thought mine was great last year but I only scraped a C : / I actually despise edexcel, I don't see why we can't do WJEC like we do in every subject.
Reply 37
Original post by claire4095
Hi!
I did edexcel biology a level this year, meaning ive been through what you guys are going to go through in the next year. If you've got any questions on any of the stuff (coursework, knowledge) then ask away! Seriously its not an easy exam but once you understand all the cycles and what not its easy peasy :smile:
good luck!
C xx

Hey, how did you do for unit 4 and 5? Any tips for the pre-release article for unit5? Last years 1 was around 9 pages right! :O
Original post by Hanz_a93
Lol you wont believe how many tsr'ians do this spec :biggrin:
wow you'v started ur cw's early! what topic you doing? btw do you know where i could find a list of the topics on the web? i cant find em anywhere :/

Oh right haha, i'm doing enzymes.. and hmmm don't know, I never found them on the web but try this http://www.saps.org.uk/secondary/teaching-resources :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by charlotte.yellow
Oh right haha, i'm doing enzymes.. and hmmm don't know, I never found them on the web but try this http://www.saps.org.uk/secondary/teaching-resources :smile:

Thanks so much! +rep for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest