The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Never thought it would happen, but got my ass kicked by 3kg weights today :biggrin: (was conditioning though)
Nike Training Club session, where we did variations of burpees, pushups, lunges, squats etc. for 45min non-stop.
Anticipating massive shoulder/back DOMS tomorrow :coma:
Went weightlifting club and got measured.

Me: "I'm 85.5KG roughly but haven't checked in 2 or so months"

*ding ding you are 89.1KG*

olympic coach: *lol*

How the **** did I get that weight? Must have been legs.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Went weightlifting club and got measured.

Me: "I'm 85.5KG roughly but haven't checked in 2 or so months"

*ding ding you are 89.1KG*

olympic coach: *lol*

How the **** did I get that weight? Must have been legs.

You've started weightlifting? How's that going?
Original post by Becca
You've started weightlifting? How's that going?

Its fun. Learning the moves and how they're put together to complete the lift.

By the looks of things I'm the most flexible and strongest one in this new wave of people. :tongue: The trainers like how my flexibility needs no work as I'm capable of doing whats needed but its just building up strength in those positions that I need.

My front squat is at an ideal weight to keep progressing as its 115KG but the 70KG coach (1 of 3) has 150KG front squat so I've got a way to go :biggrin:
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Its fun. Learning the moves and how they're put together to complete the lift.

By the looks of things I'm the most flexible and strongest one in this new wave of people. :tongue: The trainers like how my flexibility needs no work as I'm capable of doing whats needed but its just building up strength in those positions that I need.

My front squat is at an ideal weight to keep progressing as its 115KG but the 70KG coach (1 of 3) has 150KG front squat so I've got a way to go :biggrin:

What kind of porgramme are you on?

Ladies: I think I just found the ULTIMATE workout:

Original post by Becca
What kind of porgramme are you on?

Ladies: I think I just found the ULTIMATE workout:

Well, the weightlifting one is just getting us into the learning curve but next week we will be progressing to around 50/60KG if those who are strong enough can.

My other routine is just strength building at a gym near me. Deads, front squats, back squats, dips, DB bench, log cleans etc.
Just did my arms *wobble* Much prefer doing the squats etc then hauling weights around with my arms.

Feels like less of a work out though I'll probably regret it when the DOMS kick in tomorrow and I can't move my arms.
Kudos on enjoying squats over arms
Original post by Powerlifter
Kudos on enjoying squats over arms

Why thank you! I have to look in the mirror regardless of where I do my biceps and I find it mega distracting. Once I get the go ahead money wise I'm buying some more Gym clothes and going more regularly. Still kinda nervous about going and doing my routine on my own.
Original post by skunky x
Why thank you! I have to look in the mirror regardless of where I do my biceps and I find it mega distracting. Once I get the go ahead money wise I'm buying some more Gym clothes and going more regularly. Still kinda nervous about going and doing my routine on my own.

Everyone will be doing their own thing so I wouldnt worry :smile:
tried bench press for the first time last night :eek:

really enjoyed it! did 5 sets of it
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
tried bench press for the first time last night :eek:

really enjoyed it! did 5 sets of it

That's good! You going to incorporate it into your routine proper?
Original post by MissLightyear
Everyone will be doing their own thing so I wouldnt worry :smile:

I know- but I felt more reassured walking into the free weights section with a massively buff guy than I do on my own...
Original post by Becca
That's good! You going to incorporate it into your routine proper?

oh definitely, its hear to stay

sets on the bench press then sets on the chest press, was fun trying to wash my hair in the shower last night and i have major DOMS today lol

tonight i shall be adding EZ bar curls
Original post by skunky x
I know- but I felt more reassured walking into the free weights section with a massively buff guy than I do on my own...

Fair enough - wouldnt we all :wink:
Fair enough - wouldnt we all :wink:

Hahaha. Going to start with the beginner's full bod work out. Need to get more Gym clothes. currently have an incredibly limited amount.
Just had an intense training session for rugby ...

Fartlek training, suicides, tyre flipping and pushing, core stuff, ladder work, plyometrics then more suicides to kill us finish off!

Theres a nice session for anyone fancying some conditioning work

Hint: dont do it! :wink:
Just had an intense training session for rugby ...

Fartlek training, suicides, tyre flipping and pushing, core stuff, ladder work, plyometrics then more suicides to kill us finish off!

Theres a nice session for anyone fancying some conditioning work

Hint: dont do it! :wink:

What are suicides? They sound lovely!
Original post by Becca
What are suicides? They sound lovely!

Its done quite a lot in basketball I think, but much harder on a rugby pitch due to the length. Basically start on a line at the end of the pitch (dead ball line in our case) then you have to sprint to the first line and back, then to the second line and back etc using every single line on the pitch! Its a nightmare.
So yeah. I hate DOMS.

*curls up in a ball*

Not as bad as last time, but boy am I feeling those chest presses.

Quick Reply