The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by anox
Hi, I'm reaaaaally keen on Oxford Brookes for there Foundation Diploma in Liberal Arts cause I don't have a sodding clue about what I want to study.

But my friends say its a bad university.

what should I do? :s-smilie:

Do some actual research of your own about the university rather than basing your opinions on what your "friends say".
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 121
Original post by anox
Hi, I'm reaaaaally keen on Oxford Brookes for there Foundation Diploma in Liberal Arts cause I don't have a sodding clue about what I want to study.

But my friends say its a bad university.

what should I do? :s-smilie:

Where are your friends applying? Have they even been to Oxford Brookes?

As others have said, do your own research (send off for a prospectus, read the website, attend the Open Day etc) and then you can decide for yourself :smile: And seriously, don't go purely by league tables either.

Your friends more than likely think any university which isn't in the 'top 20' is a 'bad' university.
Reply 122
Just got an offer today from Oxford Brookes to do Medical Science! :smile:
Original post by LKLB93

Its quite a good course im sure you will enjoy it :smile:
Anybody for Law?
Reply 125
Original post by LKLB93

Well done! :smile: How long did they take to get back to you?
Reply 126
Original post by SillyMilly
Anybody for Law?

I'm applying for Law/Psychology :smile:
Original post by Jodianne
I'm applying for Law/Psychology :smile:

yay somebody else doing law! have you applied yet is it your firm?>
Reply 128
Brookes offer at BBC for Biological Sciences..

Theres the Insurance wooop :biggrin:
Reply 129
Original post by SillyMilly
yay somebody else doing law! have you applied yet is it your firm?>

Haven't applied yet, hopefully getting it all sent off next week.
Gonna see what offers I get before deciding on my firm :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by Jodianne
Haven't applied yet, hopefully getting it all sent off next week.
Gonna see what offers I get before deciding on my firm :smile:

you go chelmo college :O

i know loadsa people that go there hahaha.

I used to go Brentwood School :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 131
Hi, I'm applying to Oxford Brookes for 2012 entry to do biological sciences, but after looking at all there other science degrees (biomedical, medical science, human biology etc.) I am really unsure! They all sound so good. so I was wondering, when I get there, if I decide that I would prefer a different course, would it be possible to switch? I had a look at the first year modules, and they are all the same I think, but I don't know whether I would be able to transfer.
Reply 132
You'd probably be able to transfer if the courses weren't full ...
erm in terms of switching courses im not 100% particularly within the same faculty. if you want to switch faculties then you normally have to gain an average of 55% 2-2/2-1 to do so. best to email the faculty, you should be able to find this on the website
Reply 134
Original post by Jabberwox

Original post by Jabberwox
Well done! :smile: How long did they take to get back to you?

Sent my application 14th October, got an offer 10th November x
Reply 135
Original post by lanarx

Original post by lanarx
Hi, I'm applying to Oxford Brookes for 2012 entry to do biological sciences, but after looking at all there other science degrees (biomedical, medical science, human biology etc.) I am really unsure! They all sound so good. so I was wondering, when I get there, if I decide that I would prefer a different course, would it be possible to switch? I had a look at the first year modules, and they are all the same I think, but I don't know whether I would be able to transfer.

They say on the website that transfers between biological sciences can be done due to the first year course being near enough the same for each degree. Choose the course depending on what you see yourself doing in the future e.g. I chose to do medical science because i would like to enter postgraduate medicine, and i felt it would give me an edge due to getting a BMedSci degree, rather than a BSc x
Reply 136
Original post by tom_tom_tom

Original post by tom_tom_tom
Its quite a good course im sure you will enjoy it :smile:

So far i haven't heard of anyone applying to medical science, feel like i'm going to be myself :frown:
Original post by LKLB93
So far i haven't heard of anyone applying to medical science, feel like i'm going to be myself :frown:

Ive seen a few people around here that have applied for it. Ill be gone by the time people starting in 2012 start, scary :zomg:
Just got an offer for Biology with two lots of conditions

BBC or ACC
Reply 139
Anyone heard anything for Japanese?

Quick Reply

Latest