The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Applicants 2012

Hey guys, saw loads of these for other Uni's and was wondering about Trent :smile: Who's applying there and what for?
I applied for Business Management & Economics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey. I've applied for French & Media, but since I am in love with NTU I have also applied for French & English :smile: Still waiting for replies :/
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve applied for Law with Criminology.
It’s one of the lower ones I’m applying to (along with DMU), but I’d be happy to go there, I just love its location.
I'm thinking of applying for Law, has the uni got a good rep?
Reply 4
Original post by Silver Aurora
I'm thinking of applying for Law, has the uni got a good rep?

It’s one of the better new universities and the law school is one of the largest in the UK.
Original post by -Haz-
It’s one of the better new universities and the law school is one of the largest in the UK.

Sweet, do you know if it's hard to apply for?
Reply 6
I think just read its 5th for law somewhere? might be wrong haha, Ive applied for Broadcast Journalism, got invited to the admissions test on the 30th but i don't know which to choose between it (if i get it) and leeds, which i also have an offer for.. its too hard :frown:
Reply 7
MoW
OP
Original post by Jakubb

Original post by Jakubb
Hey. I've applied for French & Media, but since I am in love with NTU I have also applied for French & English :smile: Still waiting for replies :/

that's dedication! haha, what a levels are you doing? :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Silver Aurora
Sweet, do you know if it's hard to apply for?

It has fairly low entry requirements, 300 UCAS points for straight law, which is less than a lot of universities that rank lower.

Original post by B-Journo
I think just read its 5th for law somewhere? might be wrong haha

It’s ranked 44 in The Complete University Guide 2012 and 50 in the Guardian League Table 2012 for law, so not quite 5th haha, but still pretty good. Obviously it can’t compete with the Russell Group/Red Brick universities, but it’s in the top 50 which is quite an achievement for such a new university.
Law at Trent is 320 points if you want a placement year which is so beneficial as it gives you that much sought after 'work experience' which is much more respected in todays job maket than any standard russell group degree
Reply 10
I've applied for social work, hopefully I get an interview!
Reply 11
Original post by MoW
that's dedication! haha, what a levels are you doing? :smile:

Good luck!

I do French, English, Accountancy and IT :wink:
Top choice for me, love the place, need 280-300 for Business Economics!
Reply 13
MoW
OP
Original post by Jakubb

Original post by Jakubb
I do French, English, Accountancy and IT :wink:

ah nice! What grades do you need for trent?
Reply 14
Original post by MoW
ah nice! What grades do you need for trent?

260 UCAS points including at least D in French.
Reply 15
MoW
OP
Original post by Jakubb

Original post by Jakubb
260 UCAS points including at least D in French.

Not bad, good luck :smile:
I've applied for Economics :smile:
I absolutely loved the Uni and the course and the location and everything, aaaah I want an offer so baaaad.

Has anyone else been made offers for Economics yet?
Reply 17
Law and International Law :smile: so excited hope i get an offer soon!
Trying for law with Business, anybody know how lenient they are with UCAS points?
Reply 19
Original post by Grungeguy1993
Trying for law with Business, anybody know how lenient they are with UCAS points?

I wouldn’t imagine they’d go any lower than the entry requirement stated (280 UCAS points from three A levels), if that’s what you mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending