The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnnyTaylor
Wow, my mate and i both have conditional offers A*AA. woop woop :smile:

omg! congrats! u got an offer from lse in economic history? i though they dont issue any offers until next year? and i thought conditions were usually aab? what did you get in your AS?:smile::smile: congrats!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hopefully offers will start rolling out...
any sign from LSE today?
Reply 823
A quiet monday, it seems.
Reply 824
Has there been any rejections apart from the Friday 2 weeks ago?
Original post by sam838
Has there been any rejections apart from the Friday 2 weeks ago?

Doesn't seem like it. I guess it's possible they did actually give out some offers on Friday, but that nobody on TSR except for that one guy upthread for Economic History received one.
Reply 826
Original post by hassi94
Username: Hassi94
Subject: Mathematics with Economics
GCSE: 6A* 5A
AS Results: 6 As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and General Studies.
A-Level Predicted Grades: A*A*A*
I am carrying on with Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

i may be wrong but i read somewhere that they don't accept maths and further maths together at A2 as they are such similar subjects
Reply 827
Original post by max_e
i may be wrong but i read somewhere that they don't accept maths and further maths together at A2 as they are such similar subjects

you must be wrong haha! Most uni's require you to do both of them, FM to AS at least. (to read Maths)
Original post by max_e

That is sort of true. They only accept Further Maths as a fourth subject. If you only have 3 A levels and two of them are Maths and FM, then you will be at a disadvantage compared to others... but he is applying for Maths with Economics... so I don't know
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 829
Original post by fruktas
you must be wrong haha! Most uni's require you to do both of them, FM to AS at least. (to read Maths)

I think he meant that if you do further maths, it is generally not recognised as a third subject, only a fourth.

And regarding the supposed Friday econ. hist. offer, posted on Saturday: the fact that it was "JohnnyTaylor"s first post on TSR, that the offer was conditional upon achieving A*AA instead of the published, standard AAB, and that nobody else here posted offers when I have only ever seen LSE give them out in batches (although often small) is enough to raise suspicion.

Pardon me if I'm wrong though, in which case he clearly deserves a congratulations! :colondollar:
Original post by max_e

That's for economics and other subjects. For maths it's fine
Username: Reminisce
Subject: Mathematics with Economics
GCSE: 10A* 3A and A in Add. Maths
AS Results: A* AAAA
A-Level Predicted Grades: A* achieved and A*A*A*
Reply 832
Has anyone received a law offer from LSE? Still waiting in hope.
Reply 833
Original post by vidster283

Still waiting. When did you send your application off?
i'm saddened that this whole 'alternative weeks' thing didnt happen... :frown:
Reply 835
Original post by vidster283

Still waiting
Reply 836
Original post by Nadine10
I didn't get a questionnaire, are you saying that it is a bad sign? :frown:

I haven't got it either :frown: did you receive it today or yesterday?
Dear LSE,

I like you very much, I really do. That's why I've applied. But I CANNOT STAND this waiting. Please give me an offer.

Yours sincerely,

alexsasg
Original post by alexsasg
Dear LSE,

I like you very much, I really do. That's why I've applied. But I CANNOT STAND this waiting. Please give me an offer.

Yours sincerely,

alexsasg

Ditto.
offer wednesday tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending