The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I too got an recall audition email within the promised 48 hours, it was 24 hours actually!
Mine is next Thursday, again as others have said on here I wish I knew what role specific I was auditioning for!
Having been to the first audition and had a fabulous fun time with all the feel good energy and enthusiasm of everyone there, I cant wait to find out what the 2nd audition is like. I never said I had any specific skills so it will be very interesting to see what they think I can do!
good luck everyone!
Original post by NicAnderson87
Seeing as I only applied 2 days ago as the registration was still online I am assuming there are quite a number of spaces left.
I would like lots of people to be there but if not more of a chance to stand out. :-)

I thought registration closed a long time ago?
Original post by NicAnderson87
Seeing as I only applied 2 days ago as the registration was still online I am assuming there are quite a number of spaces left.
I would like lots of people to be there but if not more of a chance to stand out. :-)

I thought it had closed too, it says so on the website but I did hear rumours it was still open. Please can you post the link to where you applied? I have some friends who want to
Anyone have a 2nd audition this coming Weds?
Original post by chanchan

mine is on the 22nd too!! Are you a dancer or actor? Mines at 5.30 tho.

I'm not sure if they will eliminate more people depends how many got through the initial stage I think.

Mines at 5:30 too! I cant dance or touch my toes standing for ****... Are you a dancer or actor?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
Mines at 5:30 too! I cant dance or touch my toes standing for ****... Are you a dancer or actor?

I wouldn't class myself as either lol but I think I can dance better than I act.

I wouldn't class myself as either lol but I think I can dance better than I act.

haha same, but I can act better though. Haha so I guess im going to shout out loud "Chan Chan!!" just to say HI :smile: i keed i wont embarrass you :wink:

Did you sign up for the ballet, pointe, Drummer thingy??
Reply 87
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
haha same, but I can act better though. Haha so I guess im going to shout out loud "Chan Chan!!" just to say HI :smile: i keed i wont embarrass you :wink:

Did you sign up for the ballet, pointe, Drummer thingy??

No. I wanna knw what we are gonna be doing?!
anybody tomorrow at 5:30pm?!
I had my first audition today. sooo much fun! I got an email back within the 48 hours as promised (it was actually only 1 HOUR after the audition!!). I got through to the next stage and got invited for a recall audition...

My 'role specific' audition is on Tuesday 29th November at 6pm. If only i new what role i was actually auditioning for! Has anyone else got a recall audition for this date?

Anyone who has a recall audition let us know how it goes and if its as much fun as the 1st one! x
Reply 90
Good luck all who are taking part! Knock 'em dead.

:danceboy:
If you're a Games Maker in the Games at any venue, please join the facebook Games Maker Community!

http://www.facebook.com/GamesMakers2012
Reply 92
Original post by happyending

I had my first audition today. sooo much fun! I got an email back within the 48 hours as promised (it was actually only 1 HOUR after the audition!!). I got through to the next stage and got invited for a recall audition...

My 'role specific' audition is on Tuesday 29th November at 6pm. If only i new what role i was actually auditioning for! Has anyone else got a recall audition for this date?

Anyone who has a recall audition let us know how it goes and if its as much fun as the 1st one! x

I just got the confirmation email and i have got the same date and time as u. are you a dancer?
recall on thursday 24th at 5:30! anybody else?? maybs we can figure out what its for.
I did my first audition at 6pm on Saturday 12th, got my recall email this morning (Monday, 9am) and I will also be at the audition on the 29th Nov at 6pm.

Without bursting the bubble, I dont think it is dancing or acting - they are just looking for 10,000 people to dress in different colours and make shapes so that the stadium shows the following things from the air:

-the union jack (thousands of people in blue, red and white)
-the olympic rings
-London 2012

This is what the guy told me after the audition! So basically our 'role specific' will be putting numbers on us, and then putting us back on the grid and saying things like: odd numbers to J9! even numbers to B3!' etc etc.

No individual glory... all doing it as part of the team! etc etc.

This being said, they were looking for people who resembled historical figures - the queen, prince phillip, david cameron... - who would stand on the stage and wave. The audition for this is in another location and not until late december. :smile:

Exciting times! xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 95
Original post by baysideclover
I did my first audition at 6pm on Saturday 12th, got my recall email this morning (Monday, 9am) and I will also be at the audition on the 29th Nov at 6pm.

Without bursting the bubble, I dont think it is dancing or acting - they are just looking for 10,000 people to dress in different colours and make shapes so that the stadium shows the following things from the air:

-the olympic rings
-London 2012

This is what the guy told me after the audition! So basically our 'role specific' will be putting numbers on us, and then putting us back on the grid and saying things like: odd numbers to J9! even numbers to B3!' etc etc.

This being said, they were looking for people who resembled historical figures - the queen, prince phillip, david cameron... - who would stand on the stage and wave. The audition for this is in another location and not until late december. :smile:

Wow, you got a lot of info from them! Thanks for this, I guess alll the exercises we had to do in the first audition was to see if we were coordinated and had stamina? I have my recall audition thiis week, a lot sooner than a lot of people here, so I will try to find out more info if I can, I wonder if it will be the same sort of exercises in the 2nd audition?
Original post by pyl11
I just got the confirmation email and i have got the same date and time as u. are you a dancer?

I am an ex-gymnast so still have some skills from that and used to do dancing so im hoping its for a dancing role :smile:

Are you a dancer or did you have a different or specific skill?
Original post by baysideclover

-the olympic rings
-London 2012

I was really hoping the audition was for some kind of dancing!...

are you a dancer or have any specific skills they were asking for?

did they say if the audition would be as fun as the first one?! :wink:
Original post by cinnamon
Wow, you got a lot of info from them! Thanks for this, I guess alll the exercises we had to do in the first audition was to see if we were coordinated and had stamina? I have my recall audition thiis week, a lot sooner than a lot of people here, so I will try to find out more info if I can, I wonder if it will be the same sort of exercises in the 2nd audition?

Good luck with your recall audition! let us know how u get in and please let us know if its as fun as the first one, or if we should be more worried lol. good luck!
Reply 99
Good luck with your recall audition! let us know how u get in and please let us know if its as fun as the first one, or if we should be more worried lol. good luck!

Thanks, you too. I too was hoping it was some sort of dancing!
I will of course come back and post here after my 2nd audition, its going to be a long 6 to 8 weeks waiting to know if we are in or not !

Latest