The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London BSc Business Management 2012 Applicants Thread

A place for prospective applicants to chat!

And for any future offer holders:

Date of offer:
Offer:
GCSEs:
AS-levels:
Predicted A2s:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying for the same! Your grades look ridiculously amazing. starting to wish i never saw them haha
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I have just applied for this course, hope I get an offer! Grades and stuff in my sig. Bud Fox, why are you applying this year after receiving A levels?
Reply 3
Original post by Choppyy
I have just applied for this course, hope I get an offer! Grades and stuff in my sig. Bud Fox, why are you applying this year after receiving A levels?

I did far better than expected in my A-levels and wasn't happy with my firm from last year so I declined it. Wow you must've found it hard to integrate such a multidisciplinary personal statement (referring to your courses)!
Reply 4
Original post by Bud Fox
I did far better than expected in my A-levels and wasn't happy with my firm from last year so I declined it. Wow you must've found it hard to integrate such a multidisciplinary personal statement (referring to your courses)!

Massive congratulations with those grades, you must be thrilled! I hope I can achieve some good ones at the end of this year!

I know, I have surprised myself with the number of different courses I am applying for - especially when only a few months ago I was nailed on in my head to do Economics. However, when reading all of the course content sheets there isn't much between them all.

My personal statement mainly focuses on business integrating economics, current affairs and accounting with work experience and ECs. Good luck with your application, I'm sure you'll get lots of good offers!
Reply 5
Original post by Choppyy
Massive congratulations with those grades, you must be thrilled! I hope I can achieve some good ones at the end of this year!

I know, I have surprised myself with the number of different courses I am applying for - especially when only a few months ago I was nailed on in my head to do Economics. However, when reading all of the course content sheets there isn't much between them all.

My personal statement mainly focuses on business integrating economics, current affairs and accounting with work experience and ECs. Good luck with your application, I'm sure you'll get lots of good offers!

Yes was really happy in August. Afterall economics and accounting play a big role in business management so your statement should be fine if you write it from a managerial perspective I guess.

You too, keep me updated on any offers!
Reply 6
Original post by Bud Fox
Yes was really happy in August. Afterall economics and accounting play a big role in business management so your statement should be fine if you write it from a managerial perspective I guess.

You too, keep me updated on any offers!

I will keep you posted, good luck with all of your other offers too - especially Oxford! Had you considered Oxbridge last year?
Reply 7
Original post by Choppyy
I will keep you posted, good luck with all of your other offers too - especially Oxford! Had you considered Oxbridge last year?

AAAABB predicted last year, so no, hadn't considered Oxbridge :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by Bud Fox
AAAABB predicted last year, so no, hadn't considered Oxbridge :colondollar:

Those grades pretty much mirror what I did at AS, which gives me hope! Do you know if KCL interview?
Reply 9
Original post by Choppyy
Those grades pretty much mirror what I did at AS, which gives me hope! Do you know if KCL interview?

Nope, no interviews, all down to the PS.
Reply 10
When does KCL usually start giving out offers for Business Management?
Reply 11
I'm applying as well, got my predicted AAA :smile: It's my top choice so really hoping I get in!
Reply 12
is it late to apply in january?? for business management
Reply 13
By when does Kcl start sending offers? All the other universities i applied to have responded! im worried :/
Do you think I have a chance? GCSE's: A*A*AAAABBBBC AS: AAAB Predicted A2:A*AA, AQA Bacc, EPQ and AS citizenship predicted A. I don't know whether to apply here as I think the job prospects are AMAZING in London, but I'm not sure whether to apply to here or Bath? I also haven't sent my application off yet and I'm worried I'm too late :frown:
Also can you do a Sandwich year here?
Reply 16
Would hope KCL hand all their offers out by January, however as it is a very popular course they will probably hold back a little.
Reply 17
I am in in Business Management at King's, got my offer in APRIL! So be patient... and if you have any questions, ask:smile:
Original post by erklam
I am in in Business Management at King's, got my offer in APRIL! So be patient... and if you have any questions, ask:smile:

What were your predicted grades? I'm really not sure whether I should apply and take a risk as I'm applying to other top uni's too :frown: HELP
I only want to apply for one out of these - Kings or Bath? Someone please help! Predicted A*AA - I'm sure if I have enough to get into either :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest