The Student Room Group

Theology/Religious Studies Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by livvyess
I'm surprised it's so popular at your school! I go to a 6th form college with 2,500 students between 16 and 19, and there are only 19 people doing A2 RS... and only four of us are applying to do Theology or Religious Studies at uni! It's nice to come on here and see other people interested in the subject though :biggrin:

theres only 100 people in my year and 40 do RS, about 12 are applying for it at uni i think... tbf it is a catholic college where pretty muchh everyone is half irish and catholic :tongue:

i think Theo is top - a hidden gem, any way we dont want too many people doing it now do we? less competition the better!
Original post by Xรฆthon
Manchester is however where I most want to go, although if both them and Durham give me an offer...no idea what I'll pick as a firm D:

Manchester is TOP and Mancunians are even better! great place to live you'll love it
Good luck
Original post by ManchesterRose
Manchester is TOP and Mancunians are even better! great place to live you'll love it
Good luck

Oh I know it, families from there and all that. I could come and tell you my life story but, perhaps another time.

The only reason I wouldn't mind going to Durham is because A) I like the place and B) My great grandfather went there xD
Original post by Xรฆthon
Oh I know it, families from there and all that. I could come and tell you my life story but, perhaps another time.

The only reason I wouldn't mind going to Durham is because A) I like the place and B) My great grandfather went there xD

Durham (St John) is my fave because the course looks mint and its really small which i like 'cos Mcr is sooo big
Anyone heard from Durham, Bristol or KCL yet?
Reply 45
Hey everyone,

I've applied for straight theology at:
Cambridge (Sidney Sussex)
Durham, (Chads)
Exeter,
Bristol,
Kings College London

I sent off my UCAS on 2nd October, and I have submitted written work to Cambridge as well now.

So far my only offer is from Exeter for AAB, which I'm more than happy with :smile:

Glad to find other people in the same situation - I'm the only Theology applicant at my school...
Original post by imogen17
Hey everyone,

I've applied for straight theology at:
Cambridge (Sidney Sussex)
Durham, (Chads)
Exeter,
Bristol,
Kings College London

I sent off my UCAS on 2nd October, and I have submitted written work to Cambridge as well now.

So far my only offer is from Exeter for AAB, which I'm more than happy with :smile:

Glad to find other people in the same situation - I'm the only Theology applicant at my school...

Hello :biggrin: Your universities are nearly the same as mine, except I'm applying to Birmingham, instead of Exeter. :smile:

It's nice to see someone else applying to Cambridge, there aren't that many of us! Have you heard anything from them yet? Which parts of Theology do you particularly like?

If you're interested, there's a Cambridge Applicants Thread...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1831969&page=41

And a Cambridge Applicants Stalking Page, so we can all check out the competition :wink: So far, there's me and one other person :P

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Cambridge_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry

And also, if you like, you can add your Exeter Offer to the Theology Offers Page...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Theology/Religious_Studies_Offers_2012
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Hey everyone,

So glad at least a few other applicants, Theology must be the most under applied to course I know. Kinda thankful for that in some ways though!

I am on a gap year applying post a level, got AAB (As in Bio, Chem and wierdly the B was in RS!)

Applied to:

Nottingham - Unconditional offer
Manchester - Unconditional offer, post interview
Bristol
Exeter
Durham

itching to hear from the other unis but know it could be a few months yet :frown:
I'm so glad there are still plenty of people applying to Theology :biggrin:
Interview at Manchester :smile: Gonna go on Wednesday 7th December :3
Reply 50
Original post by Xรฆthon
Interview at Manchester :smile: Gonna go on Wednesday 7th December :3

Good luck! I had mine last Wednesday, its really nothing to worry about, and they offered me a place within a week!

Its just an informal chat about you, I really just enjoyed talking to an expert in a field that I really enjoy :smile:
Original post by gracieoz
Good luck! I had mine last Wednesday, its really nothing to worry about, and they offered me a place within a week!

Its just an informal chat about you, I really just enjoyed talking to an expert in a field that I really enjoy :smile:

Can't wait :3 What else did you do there apart from have a one on one talk? Also.....what sort of clothes did people wear? xD
Reply 52
Original post by gracieoz

I have one on the 7th as well - weirdly excited about it! What sort of thing should I wear, is it fairly casual?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Xรฆthon
Can't wait :3 What else did you do there apart from have a one on one talk? Also.....what sort of clothes did people wear? xD

Great minds, complete overlap on the clothing question there :wink:
Just received an offer from Birmingham, ABB :3
Reply 55
Hey,has anyone heard from Edinburgh/Bristol/SOAS yet? :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Xรฆthon

You also hear a talk about the department and have a realllly quick tour of the campus, kinda pointless if youd already been to the open day. Kind of felt like it was a bit of a waste of time tbh particularly since i live below london and so had to spend about 9 hours travelling AND had to be at work at 7.45 the next day pretty much all for a 15-20 minute interview (although mine last about 30 mins, we lost track of time!)

clothes wise it was a group of 7 girls so I can only talk for them but some people were quite smart. I was in jeans but went for a studenty smart casual look.

i think if you go in a suit you kinda look a bit silly tbh, no student would ever wear on to a seminar and thats what youre being interviewed for.

Best advice I was given was they are interviewing you to see whether they would enjoy teaching you so just act like a student would... hmm sounded better when the person who said it to me said it... hopefully you get the idea!
Original post by Calumcalum
I'm so glad there are still plenty of people applying to Theology :biggrin:

Fancy seeing you on here! haha
Original post by galiaannabelle
Fancy seeing you on here! haha

Same goes to you :biggrin: how was the MIC party?
Reply 59
Applied for Theology at:
Durham
Exeter
Kings College London
Nottingham
St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest