The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Just got the offers from Loughborough to Automotive engineering Beng and Meng courses. So happy!!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Luckily got my offer from Lboro yesterday... Despite not actually knowing anything AT ALL about the university. Anybody kind enough to fill me in on whether it's a worthwhile place to study?
Original post by Bobshantilol
Luckily got my offer from Lboro yesterday... Despite not actually knowing anything AT ALL about the university. Anybody kind enough to fill me in on whether it's a worthwhile place to study?

bit silly not researching the uni you'll spend the next 3 years of your life at before you applied
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Captain Hindsight
bit silly not researching the uni you'll spend the next 3 years of your life at before you applied

Your right. With hindsight I now realise I should have researched the University I was applying for. :colondollar:
Original post by Bobshantilol
Your right. With hindsight I now realise I should have researched the University I was applying for. :colondollar:

'Tis why they call me the Captain (hindsight) :wink:

loughborough all you need to know really:
- really sporty
- outskirts of leicester
- top 20 uni
- good for sport, engineering (as well as other stuff but they are the big ones)
- best student experience 4/5 times in a row
- as its near leicester, leicester has a big asian feel and has the biggest hindu festival outside of notting hill or something so its good for takeaway and late night indian/chinese

- really sporty
- outskirts of leicester
- top 20 uni
- good for sport, engineering (as well as other stuff but they are the big ones)
- as its near leicester, leicester has a big asian feel and has the biggest hindu festival outside of notting hill or something so its good for takeaway and late night indian/chinese

Its far more Chinese then Indian, though there seems to be many international students from all over.

- really sporty
- outskirts of leicester
- top 20 uni

Thank you very much Captain and indeed Oh My ms.Coffey. The info seems to have cleared things up for me considerably :smile:
Original post by jessica.
I've got an offer for International Relations- BBB/ABC. Is anyone else planning to study IR at Loughborough?

I'm thinking of applying for International Relations too, was about to send my application off but have decided to change Lancaster (They want AAB, I'm predicted that but not sure if I'll get it) to Loughborough. If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades and where else have you applied? Also, have you looked around the uni/department? If you have what's it like? :smile:
Reply 148
Still waiting for Politics with a Minor.
Got my offer from the loughborough last week. Applying for Maths G100 Bsc. Offer is AAB. Going to firm it when i receive all my offers. Anyone else doing maths at loughborough in 2012?
I've got an acknowledgement for Visual Communication. Has anybody else applied for this?
Reply 151
How quickly do loughborough usually give out offers once they receive your application?
Original post by janey1
How quickly do loughborough usually give out offers once they receive your application?

got mine two or three weeks after id sent my application off
Reply 153
Original post by kunoichi
got mine two or three weeks after id sent my application off

What course did you apply for? I have applied for automotive and aeronautical engineering so I'm not sure if different departments will take longer.
Got my offer for Politics with a minor last week :biggrin:
Original post by janey1
What course did you apply for? I have applied for automotive and aeronautical engineering so I'm not sure if different departments will take longer.

i have applied for geography and tbh thats probably true, good luck, hope you get your offer :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by kunoichi
i have applied for geography and tbh thats probably true, good luck, hope you get your offer :smile:

thankyou, you too!! definitely my first choice, i love the uni!
Reply 157
OFFER! ABB for Media and Communications
Couldn't get to an open day but from what i'm hearing it sounds fantastic.

Let the offers role in :biggrin:
Will I decrease my chances of getting an offer if I don't attend the interview? or is it just a chance to lower any offer I might receive?

Applying for aero engineering btw.
Reply 159
Had my conditional Wednesday! for Accounting and Finance AAB required!
going to be firm choice
quite excited to be going there if i get the grades!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending