The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by groovyangel2008
Oh ok wow 800 apps?
Thanks for that explanation laurenl93, haha im an english applicant aswell :smile:
So then why are people saying that QUB is one of the most competitive universities because those applicant numbers seems very low compared to the other unis I've applied to?..

It's because the majority of applicants have 8A*'s + in their gcse's and 70% of apps attain at least one A* at A level. It's heavily academic, but thankfully they have started interviewing because medicine is not all about being a brain box you need to be able to communicate :smile:
Reply 121
Oh ok wow 800 apps?
Thanks for that explanation laurenl93, haha im an english applicant aswell :smile:
So then why are people saying that QUB is one of the most competitive universities because those applicant numbers seems very low compared to the other unis I've applied to?..

I would imagine there is quite a number of irish students applying to QUB as well in light of recent increases in points for med entry to irish uni's. I know loads of irish graduates applying as well as a back up to GAMSAT.
Reply 122
still no acknowledgement :frown:
Original post by crooney
still no acknowledgement :frown:

ditto!
ahh well no point me worrying about an acknowledgement fromm QUB when I have an interview to prepare for which im feeling pretty unconfident about :frown:
Reply 124
ditto!
ahh well no point me worrying about an acknowledgement fromm QUB when I have an interview to prepare for which im feeling pretty unconfident about :frown:

Oh where's your interview for? Good luck :smile: very jealous haha x
Original post by crooney
Oh where's your interview for? Good luck :smile: very jealous haha x

Birmingham (4 year)
Thanks..I'm sure the interviews will be coming your way soon!
Best of luck!
Reply 126
Is anyone here a graduate applying to Queens? Does anyone know when they will start giving out interviews? This waiting is no fun ............:frown:
Hey! :smile:
I'm a grad applicant also...just want to hear about interviews already-so impatient!
Reply 128
Im grad applicant too! this wait is long!
What was your undergrad degree crash? Where else are you applying to?
Reply 130
medical physiology! applied to queens, bristol , cardiff and leeds. havent heard anything from any of the places :frown:
What abt you?
Pharmacy was my undergrad degree and I've applied to KCL, Liverpool and Soton. They are all 4 year courses, so long-shots really. Already got a rejection from KCL, from what I've seen on TSR their UKCAT cut-off was 717 this year :-S What's your first choice? QUB is definitely mine!
Reply 132
I'm a grad too from England. Did Biomedical science at KCL. Haven't heard from anything from any of the uni's I applied too (apart from acknowledgements). Obsessively checking my emails at the mo!
Hey Soph...where else did you apply?
Reply 134
Original post by Rascal2011
Pharmacy was my undergrad degree and I've applied to KCL, Liverpool and Soton. They are all 4 year courses, so long-shots really. Already got a rejection from KCL, from what I've seen on TSR their UKCAT cut-off was 717 this year :-S What's your first choice? QUB is definitely mine!

woah the cut off was high!i really dont know which is my first choice! as long as i get in somewhere!
nice to see theres quite a few grad applicants!
Yeah it's been really quiet on here in terms of grad applicants...so hopefully lots more will come out now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 136
Hey Soph...where else did you apply?

Leeds, Keele and Aberdeen. You?

I applied to Liverpool (4 year) too!
They requested for my degree certificates, thts the only thing i've heard from them! How come the five year course at QUB is your first choice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 138
Does anyone know when QUB are going to be allocating the interviews for the dates already given? :smile:
Original post by d3ano
Does anyone know when QUB are going to be allocating the interviews for the dates already given? :smile:

I think it should be soon...end of Nov or *very* begining of Dec I would imagine:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending