The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wow, I've never heard of that. Are there any other sorts of things that they can pick up on?

Original post by Liam6993
"Enter the number of own bags used"
"Have you swiped your Nectar Card?"
"Please take your change. Notes are dispensed below the scanner"
"Thank you for using Sainsbury's Self-Checkout"

You know you've worked at a supermarket too long when you read that in her voice >_< Don't forget the all important "please place the item in the bagging area" and "unexpected item in bagging area". I had one switch between the two constantly in one transaction and had to keep getting someone from self-serve over >_>
Anyone know the absence line number then, or is it specific to each store? Thanks.
Reply 42
Original post by StraightEdge
Anyone know the absence line number then, or is it specific to each store? Thanks.

Store specific i'm afraid. If you don't know, just call the main store number.
Reply 43
Original post by _N_
Wow, I've never heard of that. Are there any other sorts of things that they can pick up on?

Yeah they can set it to pick up on absolutely anything. It just watches every single transaction, and picks up on anything it's been told to look for. It's not just for watching staff, but can look at if a customer constantly uses nectar vouchers that aren't linked to their nectar card, or things like that.
Reply 44
They have a computer system & a team at HO that goes online looking for stuff about Sainsbury's, most probably watching & taking screen shots of what we are writing about the company right now!

It's spooky how they can find out about what their employees are saying online & find out who is writing it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by thatg
They have a computer system & a team at HO that goes online looking for stuff about Sainsbury's, most probably watching & taking screen shots of what we are writing about the company right now!

It's spooky how they can find out about what their employees are saying online & find out who is writing it!

One would hope they are paying close attention to our criticisms and seeing what they might be able to do to improve things, rather than use it as a tool to hunt people down who dare criticise the company.
Reply 46
Original post by FXX
You've been working for three weeks without a contract? Wow.

They just ask you about what happened and let you know how many absenses you can have before you have a disciplinary. Someone who has trained as a team leader will be able to help you out more.

Ive been working for 3 months with no contract
Reply 47
Who ever asked about the return to work...its just a sit down inform chat with your line manager before the start of your first shift back to ensure you're capable of doing your job, and explain to you that after three or more absences, you'll probably be liable for a disciplinary.
Do Sainsbury's have mobile phones sitting in boxes ready to lift and purchase or are they one of those high value things that I will need to go and find a GM elf to help me with?

I have just managed to KO my iphone in about one milimetre of water and need a replacement pronto.
Just had my interview and have a question about the scenarios DVD. One of the scenes showed an incorrect labelled place by jars of curry, the second thing I put down was that some of the items had the cardboard bottom and some didnt. Therefore some items could fall off the shelf. This right?
Reply 50
Original post by MinervaExpeliamos
Do Sainsbury's have mobile phones sitting in boxes ready to lift and purchase or are they one of those high value things that I will need to go and find a GM elf to help me with?

I have just managed to KO my iphone in about one milimetre of water and need a replacement pronto.

I think they are held out the back so you need to get GM to get them.

Not a good idea having them in the Security boxes, I was in tesco the other week and some guy had a screw driver & broke the box open.
Reply 51
Can someone tell me if this is true - 20% Staff Discount from 1st - 4th December, then 15% from 5th December?
Original post by thatg
Can someone tell me if this is true - 20% Staff Discount from 1st - 4th December, then 15% from 5th December?

I'm aware that it's going to 20% some point soon, but I'm not sure on the date. :s-smilie: I will find out today and if no one has posted the dates I'll do so.
Can anyone shed any light onto how the shifts work for Christmas and New Years Eve for overnight workers?

There was some information about it but i didn't really get a look in before they covered it up with some sparkly Christmas paper. :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by thatg

yeah, i heard that too. Short rises to 20% are not unheard of.
Reply 55
Original post by HugsNottDrugs
Can anyone shed any light onto how the shifts work for Christmas and New Years Eve for overnight workers?

There was some information about it but i didn't really get a look in before they covered it up with some sparkly Christmas paper. :biggrin:

I was looking at the information near our clocking in machines yesterday. This is what ~I made of it:

If you are contracted to work after store closing on 24th Dec, it will be used as holiday, and you will not lose it from your allocation.

25th Dec Same as 24th, but gets counted as holiday.

You'll be expected to work NYE, as I don't believe its a bank holiday. New Years day is a different story (Unless it happens to fall on a Saturday/Sunday again)

As far as I am aware, working on Bank Holidays is optional, and you can opt out of them.
do the stores have there xmas opening times yet? the notice bored on xmas just says IF your store is closed :\ also are they all open as normal 10-4 on boxing day? thanks
Reply 57
I think most stores are closed on Boxing Day. I'm not sure, though.
Reply 58
Original post by Negotiator
Just had my interview and have a question about the scenarios DVD. One of the scenes showed an incorrect labelled place by jars of curry, the second thing I put down was that some of the items had the cardboard bottom and some didnt. Therefore some items could fall off the shelf. This right?

Your 1st part was right but think the cardboard part is wrong.
Reply 59
I got my 'total reward statement 2011' today & on the back under 'Colleague Discount' it did say about 20% for a few days when they open the 1000th store, but no date given.

Latest

Trending

Trending