The Student Room Group

Why have you not tried 'drugs'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pink Liquid
I don't understand you I'm afraid. The question is asking, 'Why have you NOT tried drugs?'

If the people are happy and CURIOUS, then they would go ahead and try it. They have 2 choices, to either try it out of curiosity or not...what was the point of your question?

Huh? I know what the question asked. Your reply was, 'drugs mask the problem, they don't solve the root cause of the problem'

I'm asking, is there inherently a problem with drug-users/tryers (i.e. curiosity)? seeing as that's probably the only thing all people who try/use drugs have in common before they try/start using. (there are people who use drugs to escape their problems, obviously, but that isn't the case for everyone)
Reply 61
fact: alcohol is much worse than weed...if weed had been discovered/popularised before alcohol, alcohol would be illegal and weed legal/socially acceptable.
Original post by Runninground

Original post by Runninground
I'm not stupid.

exactly.
I've never tried drugs, and never intend to try drugs; they're addictive, destroy lives (not just the person taking the drugs) and completely unnecessary.
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
Yes, or financially so. Isnt that the case for everyone?
What would be the logic in doing something that isnt beneficial to you ( or someone else)?

So... everything you do in your life is nutritionally and/or financially beneficial to you(/someone else) ?

You have no other benefits to life other than nutrition and finance?
Original post by takethyfacehence
Huh? I know what the question asked. Your reply was, 'drugs mask the problem, they don't solve the root cause of the problem'

I'm asking, is there inherently a problem with drug-users/tryers (i.e. curiosity)? seeing as that's probably the only thing all people who try/use drugs have in common before they try/start using. (there are people who use drugs to escape their problems, obviously, but that isn't the case for everyone)

Instead of looking to pick arguments on TSR, the question in the first place is irrelevant anyway.
There are more important things in life.
Who cares why one has tried or not tried drugs in life.
They either try it or not try it.
People should live life the way they want.
Period.

Please excuse me but I have things to do.
Reply 65
Original post by Vikki1805
I've personally never wanted to try illegal drugs. In my past I spent a lot of time with people involved/associated with some very nasty drugs such as ketamine and Cocaine.
I have seen the effects these drugs have and it did make me feel sick, and scared. To see someone in such a state, a state I would never want to be in myself. I saw a man foaming at the mouth, attempting to hold himself up, but failing and falling to the ground, as his eyes rolled to the back of his head.
Most people I know who smoke weed are stupidly paranoid, whether it be in their relationship, to do with work or just in general, but it's not healthy which ever way!
I also believe drugs took part in the reason why my friend killed himself, I think 'simple' drugs such as Marijuana actually cause more harm than people believe them to.

I wouldn't describe ketamine as "very nasty", it's just kinda pointless.
Reply 66
Haraam Bro...
Drugs are drugs, regardless of the current states of legality of them - most synthesised drugs were developed deacades ago for medical uses by medics and scientists this includes the opiates, alkaloids etc that were orginally manufactured by large drug companies to treat various psychiatric illnesses or used as pain inhibitors in the case of the opiates. What is the logic in using pharamceutical grade medications recreationally, its ridiculous. On this basis why arnt drug users advocating the freedom to use drugs like risperidone and imipramine purely for the psychoactive effects :rolleyes:

I don't understand what you're getting at here?
Could never be bothered. Plus i've seen the effects of them on people and do not want to go there. Not going to risk my life/ jail for some stupid "experience" that might end up causing long-term problems.
Even weed is worse than people think. People say its fine, but all the people I've seen on it are just lazy/ up themselves/depressed/ paranoid...
So yah
Well, I was sharing my personal view. I didn't say you had to like it, or even agree with it. But the title asks "Why have you not tried 'drugs'?"

just saying, it's only a nasty drug when it's mis-used. If you took it in the proper circumstances I think you'd change your mind on it, words don't do it justice.
Original post by Rant
I wouldn't describe ketamine as "very nasty", it's just kinda pointless.

Pointless? Have you ever seen the effects of someone after having taken Ketamine? I've seen it do some nasty things to people. Put people in hospital etc.
I don't need to take something to have fun or enjoy myself.... Seen the effects of drug use, value my health far far more than what taking drugs does to people.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
I don't understand what you're getting at here?
I thought was quite clear -why take drugs that were designed to treat illness
Reply 73
Pointless? Have you ever seen the effects of someone after having taken Ketamine? I've seen it do some nasty things to people. Put people in hospital etc.

I've taken it, I've watched people take it. Hell, I've even filmed people taking it. You'll only end up in hospital if you take too much/drink too much with it/get some dodgy stuff.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
just saying, it's only a nasty drug when it's mis-used. If you took it in the proper circumstances I think you'd change your mind on it, words don't do it justice.

Well, I don't have a need to try it. :smile:
Original post by Pink Liquid
Instead of looking to pick arguments on TSR, the question in the first place is irrelevant anyway.
There are more important things in life.
Who cares why one has tried or not tried drugs in life.
They either try it or not try it.
People should live life the way they want.
Period.

Please excuse me but I have things to do.

... :lolwut: ooook then. (why are you even on a forum :confused:)
I thought was quite clear -why take drugs that were designed to treat illness

oh, right, is it important what they were designed for when people realise what sort of experience they can provide?
I'm not sure what LSD was originally being produced for, but it's psychoactive nature was discovered by accident. A chemist called Albert Hoffman accidentally ingested some he produced in his lab and subsequently tripped the **** out for 12 hours. I think he was originally messing around with some fungus.

Even aside from that, there are plenty of chemicals that aren't synthetic but are still illegal, eg. psilocybin from mushrooms, DMT from all sorts, mescaline from cactii. Infact, I'd rather see those freely available than any synthetic one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rant
I've taken it, I've watched people take it. Hell, I've even filmed people taking it. You'll only end up in hospital if you take too much/drink too much with it/get some dodgy stuff.

You're too cool, filming people taking Ketamine :mmm:

everyone reacts differently to drugs, every persons body accepts drugs in a different way, and to say "if you take to much"... is such a silly statement.
So what exact amount is too much? How much can a person take before it becomes dangerous? It changes between person.
It's like Cocaine, some people can sniff the stuff daily and be fine.
Others can sniff it once and die.
You seem rather naive in what you are saying.
Original post by Piddly

Original post by Piddly
Obviously this thread only applies to people who do not experiment with drugs (excluding alcohol, nicotine and pharmaceuticals).

Is it the Law? Are you afraid of being caught?

Are you worried about you health?

Are you scared of becoming addicted?

Or do you feel like you are too ignorant about the drug in question to feel like you should experiment with it?

I am just interested to find out why people do not experiment. For me, although I do not take anything very often except cannabis and alcohol, drugs are important to me. The different states of mind you enter when taking weed/ mushrooms/ LSD/ MDMA/ salvia/ cocaine etc are so intriguing. I would find it horrible to be trapped in a sober mind 24/7.

Yes, drugs deserve a LOT of respect and one must know exactly what he/she is doing before trying a new drug for the first time. But there are only a few drugs which, in my opinion, are not worth trying at least once in your life. Just to feel how your mind alters under these substances is amazing.

Out of interest, do you find it easy to get hold of LSD? I've wanted to try it for a while but i can't track any down. I'm not asking you for drugs contacts or anything lol im just curious.
Reply 79
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Its like saying why haven't you tried sticking a dildo up your ass? Some people find it stimulates them, opens their mind and so on, it doesn't appeal to other people.

All it does is open one's ass.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending