The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Offers/Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Offer for English!! I don't believe it, I was SO expecting a rejection!! :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by saachi
Offer for English!! I don't believe it, I was SO expecting a rejection!! :biggrin:

Congratulations!! I think you're the first person here to get one for English. I'm extremely jealous... :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by LeSacMagique
Congratulations!! I think you're the first person here to get one for English. I'm extremely jealous... :smile:

Thank you! :smile: My best friend also applied for English and got one fifteen minutes after me, so don't worry, you're probably getting an offer any moment now :tongue:
Original post by saachi
Thank you! :smile: My best friend also applied for English and got one fifteen minutes after me, so don't worry, you're probably getting an offer any moment now :tongue:

Haha, nothing yet... I guess they might be giving out offers to good international applicants first, since I know that St. Andrews do that. I'm going to be checking my emails even more vigilantly anyway :ninja:
Reply 64
NatSci! NatSci! NatSci!
Oh would you hurry up Durham, Cambridge saw me as a lost cause, don't you make the same mistake :tongue:
Reply 65
Has anyone heard from Economics and Politics yet?!
Reply 66
Original post by kirino1

Also interested in this
Reply 67
Original post by Bella-Christin
I'm also trying to do Philosophy at Durham as an undergraduate. What courses did you take in high school ?

Quite a few including Philosophy, the requirements I'm assuming would be quite different for you if you're from/in Canada? Mine ranged from Philosophy to Economics.

But, Philosophy at Durham? One of the best decisions I've made.
Reply 68
How long did it take from you receiving your letter saying "you are going to get an offer" to UCAS updating? Just wondering how quickly SRAO works
Original post by archie0705
How long did it take from you receiving your letter saying "you are going to get an offer" to UCAS updating? Just wondering how quickly SRAO works

what's SRAO? and do they send letters for all courses before they update track?
Reply 70
Original post by toofaforu
what's SRAO? and do they send letters for all courses before they update track?

Student Recruitment and Admissions Office. The chem dept sent me a letter saying I will shortly receive an offer from SRAO (as SRAO send out the offers, based on recommendations by the department). Not sure if all departments will send out a letter like that
Reply 71
Has anyone heard anything for Law yet? I applied at University College, if college choice makes a difference in when offers are sent out. :smile:

I have an interview for Law at Oxford (Christ Church) next week, so hoping I will receive an offer from Durham!

Oh, and I sent my Durham application around mid-November.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by kirino1

friend of mine got one for econs, but dunno about E and P
Reply 73
I got an unconditional offer from PPE today :smile:
Original post by ahmush

btw when did you send your app?
Reply 75
Original post by ahmush
i got an unconditional offer from ppe today :smile:

congrats!
Anyone had offers for Philosophy and Psychology yet? :smile:
Really hoping I get a place....
Original post by ahmush

Well done! That must be a big relief, bet yer chuffed to bits with yourself! :biggrin:
Just got an offer from Durham to study H100 general engineering MEng :smile:
Conditions: AAA
GCSE 8A* 4A
AS: AAAAB
A-Level prediction: A*A*A

I have a question though, it says i've been accepted to study at campus code Z (i applied for collingwood). What is campus code Z as it is not on their website? Does this just mean that i have not been assigned a college yet?
Original post by ElliotGraham94

I have a question though, it says i've been accepted to study at campus code Z (i applied for collingwood). What is campus code Z as it is not on their website? Does this just mean that i have not been assigned a college yet?

Campus code Z means you haven't been assigned a college, they should contact you soon (fingers crossed) I got my offer over a month ago but no college has contacted me yet so.. :tongue: They're probably waiting until all offers have been sorted before they get the campus assigning outta the way?

Quick Reply

Latest