The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2012 dental applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Definately the top 200 UKCAT wise who meet the academic requirements.

I'm UKCAT 692.5. My Highers and Advanced highers are abysmal! Good thing I'm post-grad.
Reply 41
Original post by Fire Point
Definately the top 200 UKCAT wise who meet the academic requirements.

I'm UKCAT 692.5. My Highers and Advanced highers are abysmal! Good thing I'm post-grad.

Congrats for the interview - When is it ? ! Do you know if at the interview stage - everyone is on the same level or do they still use p.s./reference Ukcat + academics in conjunction with the interview performance to decide who to give out offers to ?
I have an interview on 18th feb as well! :biggrin:
But no mention of this Admissions Portfolio that I kept hearing about for this Uni.
Did anybody get any info on something like this when they got their interview offer?

There's no mention of it on their official website, but if you google glasgow admissions you find it. Maybe it is an old way of doing things, and now they use another way??

Slightly worried that I'm missing out on something...
Reply 43
Original post by Moose Biscuit
But no mention of this Admissions Portfolio that I kept hearing about for this Uni.
Did anybody get any info on something like this when they got their interview offer?

There's no mention of it on their official website, but if you google glasgow admissions you find it. Maybe it is an old way of doing things, and now they use another way??

What did you get in your UKCAT ?
Reply 44
Has anyone got any idea on how many international applicants they interview ?
I mean this year, i heard around 30 internationals applicants applied who are fighting for 3 places...so any clue how many will be interviewed ?
Reply 45
Interview for 19th February! :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by hy_xo
Interview for 19th February! :smile:

Reply 47
Rejected,
595 UKCAT! :frown:
predicted A*AA
Reply 48
Original post by AbuzarA
Rejected,
595 UKCAT! :frown:
predicted A*AA

Omg ! :frown:
Did they say why they rejected you ?
Reply 49
UKCAT
Cut off score being 2460
Reply 50

Original post by SRK.
Have you heard from Glasgow yet - If I may ask, what are your stats , Ukcat etc?

oh right! thanks for that! I haven't heard from Glasgow as of yet, i heard that they're giving out all interviews by the end of November.. it's now the 1st of December and i haven't heard a thing! Not to worry - i received an interview at Bristol today :smile:
I got 605 on my UKCAT (not the best), predicted A*AA, how about you?
Reply 51
Original post by matilda7
oh right! thanks for that! I haven't heard from Glasgow as of yet, i heard that they're giving out all interviews by the end of November.. it's now the 1st of December and i haven't heard a thing! Not to worry - i received an interview at Bristol today :smile:

Where else have you applied to ?
Reply 52
Original post by AbuzarA
UKCAT
Cut off score being 2460

DAMN !!
do you know the cut off for internationals ? or it remains the same as the home students ?
Reply 53
Original post by aqua05

Original post by aqua05
Where else have you applied to ?

Leeds and Birmingham
Reply 54
Original post by aqua05
DAMN !!
do you know the cut off for internationals ? or it remains the same as the home students ?

Should be same!
Reply 55
Original post by Moose Biscuit

Theres no admissions portfolio this year haha! Theyve changed the interviews this year too so that it resembles an OSCE rather than just 2 people
i got an interview for feb the 18th, soooo happy! :biggrin: still can't believe they kept us waiting till december though! :P

..ukcat - 672.5 :smile:
Reply 57
Anyone know how to accept the invitation? My "reply to offers" button is greyed out :s-smilie:
Reply 58
Original post by aqua05

715 :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by matilda7

congrats for your Bristol interview. I've received an interview from Glasgow & Dundee - 5 A'S and ukcat 645. Good luck for getting an interview from Glasgow though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest