The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlottay!
Slade park is stupidly expensive though!

yeah true but only cool people live there so.....
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 201
Architecture WEW
Reply 202
I've applied for BA Primary Teaching!!! I have been offered an interview (AAHHHHHHHH) and i have been told that if this goes well then my grades don't have to be as good! acctually looking forward to it! :beer:
Reply 203
Equine science and throughbred management
Reply 204
I haven't heard anything yet :frown: this isn't a particularly valid source as it can't be generalised to everyone, but I heard from someone who applied to Oxford Brookes last year who didn't hear anything until after January, where they did get an offer. So let's wait and see :smile:
Reply 205
i got rejected from two universities before i got an interview with Brookes, Wolverhampton are showing and interest now too :biggrin:
Reply 206
Just got an offer for Law, ABB (:
Reply 207
Original post by tilltot
Just got an offer for Law, ABB (:

what did you get at AS?
Reply 208
Original post by bbikim
what did you get at AS?

I Got ABBCC (left quite a bit pending because of retaking them though),
but I'm predicted AAA for A2 so I presume that's one of the reasons I got an offer :/
Reply 209
Original post by tilltot
I Got ABBCC (left quite a bit pending because of retaking them though),
but I'm predicted AAA for A2 so I presume that's one of the reasons I got an offer :/

oh thats awesome! Im predicted AABCb.. however at AS i got CCC... d'you presume ill get an offer for law?
Reply 210
Original post by bbikim
oh thats awesome! Im predicted AABCb.. however at AS i got CCC... d'you presume ill get an offer for law?

I would personally think so, our head of sixth form said that they go a lot by the predicted grades because of retakes etc (and obv your PS) so you should be fine ((:
where else have you applied?
Reply 211
that is a relief aha :smile: and ive applied to Reading, De Montfort, Nottingham Trent and Northampton (hometown) but i definitely want to go to either Reading or Oxford Brookes, at worst De Montfort.. not nottingham or northampton :/ you?
Reply 212
Original post by bbikim
that is a relief aha :smile: and ive applied to Reading, De Montfort, Nottingham Trent and Northampton (hometown) but i definitely want to go to either Reading or Oxford Brookes, at worst De Montfort.. not nottingham or northampton :/ you?

Haha i've also applied to Brookes, Reading, and NTU (twice; for straight Law and Law sandwich), I really liked it there!
and Warwick, I loved it there but i highly doubt I'll get AAA if i get an offer, but i can hope ;D
Have you been to brookes? I didn't manage to go to the open days :/
Reply 213
You got an offer from reading? And yeah I've been there and in my opinion, best university I've seen, it was waaaay too good! I felt home aha :smile: you been to reading? I haven't managed to see it yet :/
Reply 214
Apllied for Physiotherapy ! The university looks well goood! Loved the town itself so its my first choice :smile:
Applied for Paramedic Emergency Care at OB! Nothing heard yet...
One thing I can tell you : DON'T LIVE ON HARCOURT
Reply 217
Original post by Superstar6318
One thing I can tell you : DON'T LIVE ON HARCOURT

They're building a new accommodation complex for next year
Original post by n.latham
They're building a new accommodation complex for next year

Oh yeah, just remembered that, jeez you lot will be lucky to live in the new building!
Reply 219
Original post by Superstar6318
Oh yeah, just remembered that, jeez you lot will be lucky to live in the new building!

haha im still not sure what they like tho :/ the tour guide person didnt give me much info.... some of the accommodation at Wolverhampton (walsall campus) is shocking, its like a 70's concrete jungle or sumit.... but seems way more sociable, i thik its all down to personal preference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending