The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

ITMOC program

Hello,

is anybody here doing the ITMOC program right now or has it done in the past? I'm working as an IT consultant right now but am thinking about doing the program, so I'd be happy to talk to somebody ...

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
Reply 1
I know some people taking the course at the moment. contact me and ill help you talk to someone maybe over facebook
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I am taking many modules in this program, I am not an ITMOC student though. Most of the classes are informative and interesting.

The classes are different from year to year. This year I find out that majority students are from India and Nigeria.
Reply 3
Hello. Thanks for your answers.

@ Som: I've sent you a PM
@ gwendolinecn: How's the proportion between theory and practical studying? I want to attend a program which is really practical with lots of presentations, cases, etc.! what modules are you taking?

Cheers,

Andy
I am taking all the compulsory modules except two, which for me were unnecessary. For what I understand, it is practical and good. I am pleased with the quality of most of the modules. This program is intended to bridge between management and technology, rather than focusing on technology itself so as to prepare the students to lead technical teams in businesses.
It does not really have so many cases, which is different from MBA programs. One of our module tutors say that cases are technically unrealistic and made to give certain answers to certain pre-defined conditions, to which I agree. Presentations are commonly required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending