The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n.latham
haha im still not sure what they like tho :/ the tour guide person didnt give me much info.... some of the accommodation at Wolverhampton (walsall campus) is shocking, its like a 70's concrete jungle or sumit.... but seems way more sociable, i thik its all down to personal preference

I like to be social but I felt I've met no one here, Headington is the best campus to be at but is half an hour/45 mins away from Harcourt, not worth living there, since all the lectures are based at Harcourt, which reminds me of a school. You're put together with all teachers so it's understandable as to why they do so for the benefits of the course (i.e everyone has placement at the same time); however it's annoying as you don't mix with anyone new/from other courses, a massive part of uni first year.

And Oxford is tiny, the nightlife gets the same after one night at Lava (the main club to go to). If you come from Cheltenham, Brighton or Aylesbury then you belong here cos you'll find the nightlife "amazing" and varied, when it really isn't!

Where else have you applied?
(edited 12 years ago)
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
P.S DONT END UP IN WHEATLEY, never heard a single good comment about that place, also it's the second place in the UK for suicide rates
Reply 222
Original post by Superstar6318
I like to be social but I felt I've met no one here, Headington is the best campus to be at but is half an hour/45 mins away from Harcourt, not worth living there, since all the lectures are based at Harcourt, which reminds me of a school. You're put together with all teachers so it's understandable as to why they do so for the benefits of the course (i.e everyone has placement at the same time); however it's annoying as you don't mix with anyone new/from other courses, a massive part of uni first year.

And Oxford is tiny, the nightlife gets the same after one night at Lava (the main club to go to). If you come from Cheltenham, Brighton or Aylesbury then you belong here cos you'll find the nightlife "amazing" and varied, when it really isn't!

Where else have you applied?

Gloucestershire (home town) OB, and Wolverhampton, :smile: i liked all of them so
Reply 223
Original post by i Pav i
recieved an offer from Brookes recently for BBC..

its my insurance! :biggrin:

hope itsss all goood there :P

I just got my offer for BBC so probs will make it my insurance incase i spaz up physics :/
im curious as to know where the wheatley sucicide figure came from.

Wheatley isnt that bad, honestly. I have classes there and have been in the halls. the rooms r much bigger than those in other halls, with alot getting bigger beds. It is the only catered site as well so if u dont fancy cooking then here is where you should be.
Reply 225
Teaching if i get the grades x
Reply 226
Original post by Jack.Street
Applied at Brookes for history, still awaiting a response though...
Anyone else applied to do history and got an offer?

I got an offer of BBB at the start of Novemeber, applied mid October :smile:
Original post by Charlottay!

Wheatley isnt that bad, honestly. I have classes there and have been in the halls. the rooms r much bigger than those in other halls, with alot getting bigger beds. It is the only catered site as well so if u dont fancy cooking then here is where you should be.

Its rubbish, i havent heard of there being a suicide there in the 2 and a half years ive been here, if it was that bad there would have been one.

There has been one suicide in my first year that was at warneford.

Harcourt is also catered for too
Gloucestershire (home town) OB, and Wolverhampton, :smile: i liked all of them so

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Superstar6318
Harcourt is also catered for too

if you look at accommodation for next year on the website it lists the new harcourt building as being self-catered not catered.
if you look at accommodation for next year on the website it lists the new harcourt building as being self-catered not catered.

ahh sorry, i meant at the moment :smile: but yes, as of next year there will only be the one campus catered for
Reply 232
I've applied to do History and Sociology at Oxford Brookes and haven't heard anything from them. I haven't even recieved an application acknolwedgement from them, should i be worried? My grades are higher than what they're asking for and i have offers from elsewhere but it would be nice to know when i might hear from them. :smile:
Reply 233
Original post by Ttorria
I've applied to do History and Sociology at Oxford Brookes and haven't heard anything from them. I haven't even recieved an application acknolwedgement from them, should i be worried? My grades are higher than what they're asking for and i have offers from elsewhere but it would be nice to know when i might hear from them. :smile:

Don't Worry, if you haven't got a place they would have told you they don't ignore you. Likely-hood is the admissions tutor for your subjects haven't looked at them properly and haven't yet made a decision
is there someone out there who is applying for the undergraduate psychology course at oxford brooks? :biggrin:
Reply 235
Original post by Ttorria

I haven't heard anything either for my course. I am guessing it's because they are waiting till after the deadline before looking at everyone's applications and giving out offers. We already have the requirements, but there could be someone else who is applying which could be better than us :erm:
Reply 236
Original post by donotpanic:P
is there someone out there who is applying for the undergraduate psychology course at oxford brooks? :biggrin:

I am along with English :biggrin: not heard anything yet though ... I think Psychology at Brookes is very popular...
Reply 237
Original post by Jabberwox
I haven't heard anything either for my course. I am guessing it's because they are waiting till after the deadline before looking at everyone's applications and giving out offers. We already have the requirements, but there could be someone else who is applying which could be better than us :erm:

Ok thanks :smile: Good luck!
Reply 238
Don't Worry, if you haven't got a place they would have told you they don't ignore you. Likely-hood is the admissions tutor for your subjects haven't looked at them properly and haven't yet made a decision

OK thanks :smile:
Original post by Jabberwox
I am along with English :biggrin: not heard anything yet though ... I think Psychology at Brookes is very popular...

i was thinking to do it combined with english...but i am not sure how hard it would be since i mainly want to concentrate on psychology...
i haven't applied yet though...i am an international student...
but my application is almost on it's way :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest