The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by razzmatazz rach
Good luck. I was in your situation last year, it was tough but worth it. Hope it all goes well :smile:

thank you so much,
where are you at now?
Reply 261
Original post by olchfaschool
Do you mind me asking what predicted grades you have and when you sent off your UCAS? Thanks :smile:

I'm a mature student and so i already have my A-levels (AAB).
Original post by lizpop
Oh maaaan! Liverpool wasn't my top choice but I didn't know about this until like two weeks ago (after sending my ucas). I already had some of my work experience before I knew that I was even going to apply there :s-smilie:. Seems a bit unfair really.

I have proof from every single placement I've had, and I've had a fair few. I emailed them today as I'm really upset. I spoke about it all in my statement so they can see I've had it all...
Original post by miss-pink09
thank you so much,
where are you at now?

I'm at Uni of Cumbria in Lancaster.
I am loving it, I do not regret my reapplication year in the slightest and the uni's I applied to really liked the fact that I was doing it because it showed I was determined and wanted to do it.

Try and make the best of this year, it seems horrible at the time but I ended up really enjoying my extra year at college.
Original post by kpmarshall
Has anyone heard anything from the University of Salford yet??

I went to the open day last weekend. They said they don't consider any applications until the 15th Jan deadline to give everyone a chance. Also they expect 450 applications for 55 places! gulp!
Reply 265
hey :smile: has anyone else got an interview at kingston next week??
I got a rejection from Pourtsmouth today. What a lovely way to start the month...=/
Well done to everyone whose got offers (:
I've had a rejection from Liverpool but an Interview at Bangor in February :biggrin:
Original post by hello123450
I got a rejection from Pourtsmouth today. What a lovely way to start the month...=/

Chin up. A rejection from Portsmouth was how my UCAS application for DR started off too. In the end I got 3 offers and I'm really enjoying the course.
Reply 269
Better knowing about rejections now rather than hanging on to find out in the new year :biggrin:
Got an interview through today for University of Cumbria :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by JordanUK
Got an interview through today for University of Cumbria :smile:

me too :smile: on the 4th ?
Original post by Tigers14
me too :smile: on the 4th ?

I wish!

Its on the 11th, 1day before my first January exam :frown:
Reply 273
OK, so I need to send off my work experience form for Liverpool. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be sent in an email or to a certain address?
Reply 274
Original post by Rixy
OK, so I need to send off my work experience form for Liverpool. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be sent in an email or to a certain address?

you can send it through email to admissions cos thats what i asked her, if it needs to be physical form or email and she said email is fine. heres the deets :smile:

Christine Bulut
Admissions unit
School of Health Sciences

[email protected]

put my heading as (your name) Diagnostic Radiography Clinical visit form

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by hello123450

Dude if you dont mind, what were your grades like? Atm i got A2 Business B, AS; Accounting B, Biology D, Sociology D <- retaking the D's and i applied to Portsmouth but just sent my UCAS yesterday? brickin it as i want it as my firm :/
Reply 276
To those applying to Leeds, what are your predicted grades? The prospectus says the requirements are BBC, but the website says BBB. I imagine the prospectus is the one to trust, but it could be typo. My predicted grade for biology is a C, sadly. I was only a few marks off a B at A Level too. I don't think I can be predicted a B, as I have a bad relationship with my biology tutors. I know that I can get a B overall if I work hard enough, but you know...it's down to the university at the end of the day.
Original post by Rixy
To those applying to Leeds, what are your predicted grades? The prospectus says the requirements are BBC, but the website says BBB. I imagine the prospectus is the one to trust, but it could be typo. My predicted grade for biology is a C, sadly. I was only a few marks off a B at A Level too. I don't think I can be predicted a B, as I have a bad relationship with my biology tutors. I know that I can get a B overall if I work hard enough, but you know...it's down to the university at the end of the day.

You have to get BBB, I went there and she specifically said that you must get at least those grades predicted, any lower e.g. BBC then they wont consider your application. I was confused too, I never knew they went up to BBB until I had the open day talk in October. They must have gone up due to such a high application intake. They have over 500 people applying and under 50 places! So it is very competitive! But keep at it, trust me, hard work will pay off, try and get predicted a B if you think you can get the grade. Sit down with your teacher, tell them the course you are looking at and what grades you think you can get.
I've been predicted ABB in English Literature, Biology and Chemistry. So I'm revising already as I've also got 2 retakes in January... so 5 exams in January... yay!
Reply 278
Original post by JordanUK
I wish!

Its on the 11th, 1day before my first January exam :frown:

well thats annoying isnt it :frown: u could revise while you travel there though :smile:
Original post by Tigers14
well thats annoying isnt it :frown: u could revise while you travel there though :smile:

I only live 35minutes away! lol

Latest