The Student Room Group

TSR Money Savings Club

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm definitely in on this...

as mentioned before www.hotukdeals.com is an awesome source

A couple of other good sites are:

1. http://www.topcashback.co.uk this site provides special offers and gives you cash back on purchases on-line. I tend to use this any time I purchase something from Ebay as you get 40% back on the sellers fee

2. http://www.quidco.com this site also provides special offers and gives you cash back on purchases on-line. I used this when I bought my mobile phone which was already on special offer and got an additional £150 cash back on top which reduced my phone bill to £3 a month.

Great sites would highly recommend
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by insignificant
Im at the bit where the guy picks up roadkill ... I might throw up.

I wanna be a member!

Savings:

£1016.

Aiming for £10000 before I finish uni in June 2013 :smile:

He has a bbq later when they eat it all. It's the bit where my old teacher is on so now I can never think of him in the same way.
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
He has a bbq later when they eat it all. It's the bit where my old teacher is on so now I can never think of him in the same way.

Grr... its stuck on an advertisement it won't continue :frown: Will have to watch it tomorrow now . Teachers are a strange species.. they give off such an air of authority and righteousness.. and then you find out they eat roadkill.
Original post by summerjam

:yes: Never buy anything on the internet without first visiting HotUKDeals and Quidco!
Reply 24
Girls and savings don't go together.
Original post by Dekota-XS

Why?
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Aha have you guys seen http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-ultimate-guide-to-penny-pinching/4od#3265247 I'm careful with money but the people on here are scary.

Plus an old teacher of mine is on it :ninja:

I just sat there and watched that whole program o_O

AHEM, really?? I'm female and I have over £5,000 savings. Don't generalise :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by JustAnotherCliche
AHEM, really?? I'm female and I have over £5,000 savings. Don't generalise :biggrin:

Unbelievable. :eek: You sure you didn't hustle??

All the same, well done for it, takes willpower. Trust me, you are a minority.
I have £1.6 k, which for an 18 year old female is pretty good going :colonhash:
Reply 30
I could make it official if you guys like, have a survey of how many guys save as opposed to spend, you'll find majority of females will tend to spend rather than save.
Reply 31
Original post by Nick1sHere
I just sat there and watched that whole program o_O

ditto :eek:
I only have like £500 ... I've got nothing on you savers D;
Original post by Nick1sHere
I only have like £500 ... I've got nothing on you savers D;

I've got no savings at all, but not for lack of trying. Every time I manage to save any money, my other hand spends it :frown:

edited to add : I do have a house though so I guess my future is tied up in that...providing the housing market doesn't crash!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
+45 here.

Pro saver.
Reply 35
+£623.77 for the day.
Reply 36
+£623.77 for the day.

The hell, are you hustling?
+£623.77 for the day.

What the...I can't even.... Seriously how is that achievable? You trolling?
Thought I'd join you on here as I've recently got into saving.

I have a Barclay's ISA (Golden ISA, Issue 2) and have ~£4.5k in there at the moment. I get just over £7 per month interest on it which is better than nothing. Hope to have £6k in there by the time I graduate, then can concentrate on working full time.

I'm saving up for a flat in a new development near where I live. They sell at the moment for £45k for a one bedroom, so it seems like a good investment while the property prices are rock bottom. Plan to buy it mortgage free within two years and then rent it out while I'm still living in my partner's flat. Or move into our shiny new flat and rent his out; doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Also have £2k of Premium Bonds which were bought on my behalf when I was born. Not sure whether they're best staying as Bonds, or whether they'd earn me more in an ISA, but as my Grandad gave them to me I'm going to leave them as Bonds for now, as that was the gift he gave me.

EDIT 2: I'm 21 by the way, and have worked in whatever job was legal since I was 13. Have a slight obsession with money, however saving rather than splurging has only been a recent development.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
X

Jesus, that's impressive. D:

I hope to make about 6,000 until next september when I am going to Uni in England! o=

Quick Reply