The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

I want an offer from Bristol. Despite Sheffield being far more convenient, I'd at least like to have the choice to move far away for study.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Niki_girl
Thanks for your advice, but I haven't made any rash decisions :confused: I just made it clear I probably won't withdraw, and I've already apologised for my own impatient nature, which I agree, is my own fault for wanting to come to some sort of conclusion about where I'll probably be attending/ living next year.

I will cope exactly the same way in waiting for a response until Feb/ March as I will feel if I get an answer next week - impatiently :tongue: because it's how I feel about it, just because no-one else in my school applies to unis like Durham/ St. Andrews/ Edinburgh and since they've already had 5 responses, 2 weeks after sending their UCAS forms off I therefore get impatient :redface: as in "when will I begin to think about firm/ insurance choices?" etc. It's not negative, I'm not running around going "I hate Bristol, this wait is disgraceful" because I don't think that, the only place I wrote that I was impatient waiting for a reply was here. It's just everyday my form tutor has an obsession with asking how many offers people have and therefore implying something is wrong with my application if I haven't heard back yet (I know this isn't true btw).

(Now obviously I regret that :rolleyes: as everyone thinks I'm being ridiculous - I'm sorry, I wanted to apologise for my attitude firstly, but then I worried even apologising for being impatient about this would make people think I was being sarcastic).

I know I need more patience. I know the quality of the department at Bristol is good (why else would I apply there?). I will not throw my future away, by any means, I promise.

"which could be quite worrying in terms of how you will cope at an actual higher institution" This part made me sad though :frown: I don't see how being impatient about this makes me generally unsuitable for university life, I will try harder and I will not make any rash decisions, I have not withdrawn my application from Bristol and will continue to wait....I thought that was a bit of an unfair analysis considering you don't really even know me...

I should also have made clear earlier that the only reason I might withdraw my application from Bristol if it gets round to March is that I prefer some of the other places I already have offers from, and they have the same grade requirements, also I prefered the on-site accomodation at UEA/ Exeter and RHUL, so sorry that it seemed that I would ever withdraw my application just because of the wait/ my own impatience.

Ok bub, sorry to have a go. Good luck with hearing back anyway :redface:
Reply 982
any languages applicants heard anything?
Original post by sweet77
any languages applicants heard anything?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Bristol_Offers_2012

There's at least three on there :redface:
Original post by Chibelta
Ok bub, sorry to have a go. Good luck with hearing back anyway :redface:

It's cool :smile: good luck with all of your applications too!
Reply 985
Original post by anradu
Anyone heard from Economics & Finance Department? :smile:

yes got my offer today its A*AA :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by priyen747

Congratulations!
You don't mind me asking but what were your GCSE's and A-Level results?
Reply 987
Got a conditional offer for accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 988
Original post by fiona23
Got a conditional offer for accounting and finance :smile:

well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 989
Original post by anradu
Congratulations!
You don't mind me asking but what were your GCSE's and A-Level results?

yeah no problem not great really

1A* 8A 1B :smile:
Reply 990
offer for Meng Mechanical Engineering :biggrin:
Reply 991
yeah no problem not great really

1A* 8A 1B :smile:

You still got an offer from Bristol !! :P :biggrin:
I'm very envious and ever more anxious in waiting! :rolleyes:
Original post by kartik12
offer for Meng Mechanical Engineering :biggrin:

I`m still waiting on an offer from them :frown:

Oddly enough Sheffield have given me an offer. Come on bristol, i need to line you up as my firm!
Reply 993
Original post by cathyh
Received an offer for Music today!!!

When did you send off your application? Sorry, I'm so impatient but Bristol is my first choice :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dach1171
Has anyone been given/ heard of any one being given a rejection from Bristol?

My theory is they have kept all applicants who aren't quite as high enough grades until January/February to make their decision when they have received all applications.

So if you haven't heard from them yet and your application was sent over a month ago then you might be waiting for a bit longer!

REALLY don't think that's it. I think my grades exceed the entrance requirements for my course (my predicted grades are A*A*A, when I need ABB-BBC to get on the course at Bristol)

So no.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dach1171
Has anyone been given/ heard of any one being given a rejection from Bristol?

My theory is they have kept all applicants who aren't quite as high enough grades until January/February to make their decision when they have received all applications.

So if you haven't heard from them yet and your application was sent over a month ago then you might be waiting for a bit longer!

Not the case for several subjects like math. They start responding to applicants in January regardless if you sent it off half a year before.

Others subjects it may vary (engineering/etc people have already been receiving offers).
"Dear Dennis

We are writing to let you know that we are still considering your application. ................."

cheers bristol, that's so thoughtful of you
Reply 997

Congrats mate, would you mind me asking when you sent your UCAS application form? :smile:
Sent my UCAS off two days before my friend for Politics at Bristol.. I'm predicted A*A*A and he's predicted AAA. He's got an offer. I haven't.. I want to cry!
Original post by dnumberwang
"Dear Dennis

We are writing to let you know that we are still considering your application. ................."

cheers bristol, that's so thoughtful of you

I got an email like that :/ basically just telling us to wait until after January! Oh well, that's not so far away now, nearly Christmas :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending