The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having just had my interview, I know somebody with extenuating circumstances with an interview at Newcastle.
Reply 861
Original post by Doctor.
Welcome to the club :cool:. I'm re-doing, CHEM1, CHEM2 and CHEM5. An I also have more resits loool. :tongue:

That's a good idea to retake chem 1 and chem 2. Should have thought have that.
I have to say guys I'm finding it probably the most difficult now when it's just revising. At least the ucas and ukcat stuff were keeping us fairly busy. And it's so hard to see that there are q a few interviews given out on the medicine stalking page... Cant help but get a little pessimistic. As well as that, some of my friends who are doing other courses and are also resitting have already got offers :frown: sorry think I'm having a bit of a bad day, don't want to depress anyone!
Reply 862
Original post by eesha_25
That's a good idea to retake chem 1 and chem 2. Should have thought have that.
I have to say guys I'm finding it probably the most difficult now when it's just revising. At least the ucas and ukcat stuff were keeping us fairly busy. And it's so hard to see that there are q a few interviews given out on the medicine stalking page... Cant help but get a little pessimistic. As well as that, some of my friends who are doing other courses and are also resitting have already got offers :frown: sorry think I'm having a bit of a bad day, don't want to depress anyone!

I know what you mean about revising I was getting pretty tired but like I watched a bit of Scrubs and it's given me more energy lol.

Offers-wise , forget it! We'll get there, it's really early days and yeah...we'll get there :biggrin:
Reply 863
Original post by Doctor.
I know what you mean about revising I was getting pretty tired but like I watched a bit of Scrubs and it's given me more energy lol.

Offers-wise , forget it! We'll get there, it's really early days and yeah...we'll get there :biggrin:

Thanks! I really hope you're right! And scrubs- good idea, I can't think of a better motivator. :smile:
To help spur you on, I've just received an invitation to interview at Peninsula Medical School! Don't give up hope resitters, I've had twice the interest I had last year!
Reply 865
Original post by Abbasmerali
To help spur you on, I've just received an invitation to interview at Peninsula Medical School! Don't give up hope resitters, I've had twice the interest I had last year!

hey. I'm a resitter and have a Peninsula interview as well!
Original post by Abbasmerali

Original post by Chonicles
hey. I'm a resitter and have a Peninsula interview as well!

:five:
Got a Peninsula interview as well!
Reply 867
I haven't got an Interview at Peninsula :/
Reply 868
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
:five:
Got a Peninsula interview as well!

Well done! What date?
Well done! What date?

15th of December in Exeter
What about you?
Reply 870
Original post by myyrh
I haven't got an Interview at Peninsula :/

Don't worry, you have interview from Lancaster anyway? I am sure you'll ace that and be like....."Pfft, Peninsula was crap anyway....Lancaster is where it's all at!" :biggrin: I have faith in you!!! :cool:
Reply 871
Original post by Doctor.
Don't worry, you have interview from Lancaster anyway? I am sure you'll ace that and be like....."Pfft, Peninsula was crap anyway....Lancaster is where it's all at!" :biggrin: I have faith in you!!! :cool:

Yeah Lancaster is a really nice uni I could see myself studying there :smile: I'm not sure if I did enough to get an offer though, will just have to wait till march to find out :/ Heard anything from any of your universities yet?
Reply 872
Original post by Doctor.

Peninsula > Lancaster :colone: :biggrin:
Reply 873
Original post by hopes

:P I am not fussed about which is better, I just really want to get in somewhere! To me, being able to decide between medical schools is a luxury I will never be able to afford :biggrin:
Reply 874
Original post by myyrh
Yeah Lancaster is a really nice uni I could see myself studying there :smile: I'm not sure if I did enough to get an offer though, will just have to wait till march to find out :/ Heard anything from any of your universities yet?

Still waiting lol, got an interview for Pharmacy so I am 'okay' for now lol.

Original post by hopes

Meh med school is med school! They're all awesome lol
Reply 875
Original post by myyrh
:P I am not fussed about which is better, I just really want to get in somewhere! To me, being able to decide between medical schools is a luxury I will never be able to afford :biggrin:

I was just joking, I completely agree! Getting a place anywhere for medicine is a huge achievement in itself, best of luck, im sure you'll do well :smile:
Original post by myyrh

i totally agree- the ability to reject an offer is amazing achievement.

whats uni's have you applied to???
Reply 877
Original post by undertaker1
i totally agree- the ability to reject an offer is amazing achievement.

whats uni's have you applied to???

Liverpool, Lancaster, Southampton and Peninsula :smile: you?
Reply 878
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
15th of December in Exeter
What about you?

Mine is the 19th in Plymouth. Best of luck by the way :yy:

Hope all you re-sit applicants get in, I feel a lot of affinity to you guys :biggrin:
Mine is the 19th in Plymouth. Best of luck by the way :yy:

Hope all you re-sit applicants get in, I feel a lot of affinity to you guys :biggrin:

You too!
Aw and I know what you mean, we've all somehow been through an emotional time, whether ext circumstances, missing our offers, or no offers at all (and still missing the grades required - in my case :tongue:)
Hopefully we resitters will get offer(s) somewhere!