The Student Room Group

The 'Insanity' Workout

Hey guys,

I've been reading (and watching) up about the Insanity Workout. Has anyone done this workout and what have your results been like? I'm out of fitness at the moment and have been for the last 6 months.

I was an avid gym user up until I lost my job. Since then everything seem to go downhill, but I have a new job now and i'm wanting to up my fitness. In general i'm pretty fit in terms of cardio and body health - i'm hardly ever ill. In fact I can't remeber the last time I was ill - I guess i'm just lucky?

At the moment my stats are:

I'm 5'7
12 Stone 3 (just weighed in)

my diet has been poor but today i've started a high protein, low carbs diet. fresh fruit and veg and lots of water. - aiming for minimum of 3 litres a day.

I'm unsure (and inexperianced) in what to do. What I mean by this is that i'm wanting to bulk up but i'm not wanting to bloat out. I have quiet broad shoulders and back from past fitness levels although they have now been pretty much disolved due to my diet this past 6 months.

In order to gain good muscle and size, but to keep the bloat off what do you guys reccommend? I am thinking of doing the Insanity workout to kick my fitnewss back in, can anyone give any advice on this? :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well at least write up the workout so everyone doesn't have to google it.
Original post by McHumpy92
well at least write up the workout so everyone doesn't have to google it.

It's not possible to do so. But I will post the link up to the website...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
Reply 3
Well it's on beachbody.com and I then glanced at the picture and it looks like aerobics or something you would see on the shopping channels.
Well it's on beachbody.com and I then glanced at the picture and it looks like aerobics or something you would see on the shopping channels.

It's H.I.I.T switched around (short rest periods) cardio using the body and the weight.

Has anyone done this workout? :-)
Reply 5
My friend's planning on doing this at some point (as soon as she's able to stock up on the right food - Insanity apparently contains some sort of diet guide).
Her cousin has done it before her and has apparently lost a fair bit of weight, although he also passed out during one of the workouts, so be careful :p: Not sure on how he's doing for fitness, though :dontknow:
Original post by Mm_Minty
My friend's planning on doing this at some point (as soon as she's able to stock up on the right food - Insanity apparently contains some sort of diet guide).
Her cousin has done it before her and has apparently lost a fair bit of weight, although he also passed out during one of the workouts, so be careful :p: Not sure on how he's doing for fitness, though :dontknow:

It's a 'lean' diet. Basically eating good high protien food. He actually passed out? that's...insane! :colone:
Reply 7
The workout is crap and her cousin didn't pass out!
Reply 8
Original post by Lee R
Hey guys,

I've been reading (and watching) up about the Insanity Workout. Has anyone done this workout and what have your results been like? I'm out of fitness at the moment and have been for the last 6 months.

I was an avid gym user up until I lost my job. Since then everything seem to go downhill, but I have a new job now and i'm wanting to up my fitness. In general i'm pretty fit in terms of cardio and body health - i'm hardly ever ill. In fact I can't remeber the last time I was ill - I guess i'm just lucky?

At the moment my stats are:

I'm 5'7
12 Stone 3 (just weighed in)

my diet has been poor but today i've started a high protein, low carbs diet. fresh fruit and veg and lots of water. - aiming for minimum of 3 litres a day.

I'm unsure (and inexperianced) in what to do. What I mean by this is that i'm wanting to bulk up but i'm not wanting to bloat out. I have quiet broad shoulders and back from past fitness levels although they have now been pretty much disolved due to my diet this past 6 months.

In order to gain good muscle and size, but to keep the bloat off what do you guys reccommend? I am thinking of doing the Insanity workout to kick my fitnewss back in, can anyone give any advice on this? :-)

I'm currently on Day 78 I think on P90x and planning to do Insanity right after. It depends what you're aiming for. If you want to lose weight and get a 6pack then Insanity is for you while P90x is aimed at building muscle and getting you in shape.
Best of luck and I will join you on the Insanity nightmare soon enough :tongue:
Original post by Omiclops
I'm currently on Day 78 I think on P90x and planning to do Insanity right after. It depends what you're aiming for. If you want to lose weight and get a 6pack then Insanity is for you while P90x is aimed at building muscle and getting you in shape.
Best of luck and I will join you on the Insanity nightmare soon enough :tongue:

Hey Omiclops,

Did you note down your stats pre-workout? and what are you stats currently? Is it as hard as it looks? what advice can you give? :-)
Reply 10
Original post by Lee R
Hey Omiclops,

Did you note down your stats pre-workout? and what are you stats currently? Is it as hard as it looks? what advice can you give? :-)

I did do but the stats are at home (currently in the library avoiding work!) so I can't tell you for sure but in terms of strength I feel a lot stronger and can do much more push ups. I also went from completely struggling with pull ups to being able to do a few so it's improvements all round. Aesthetically, my body is much more toned now and I feel so much healthier.

Only advice I can give is to STICK WITH IT. You'll find moments where you'll struggle but as long as you keep hitting play and keeping at it you'll improve in all aspects. You can PM me whenever if you need help with anything :smile:
Original post by Omiclops
I did do but the stats are at home (currently in the library avoiding work!) so I can't tell you for sure but in terms of strength I feel a lot stronger and can do much more push ups. I also went from completely struggling with pull ups to being able to do a few so it's improvements all round. Aesthetically, my body is much more toned now and I feel so much healthier.

Only advice I can give is to STICK WITH IT. You'll find moments where you'll struggle but as long as you keep hitting play and keeping at it you'll improve in all aspects. You can PM me whenever if you need help with anything :smile:

Thanks for your reply :-)

I'm looking forward to starting this workout!
Reply 12
hey i'll join you as well :smile:... i'm at home currently studying and sitting down all day lol.
Original post by singh224
hey i'll join you as well :smile:... i'm at home currently studying and sitting down all day lol.

Have you got the workout? I've ordered mine today! :-)
Reply 14
ye I have mine somewhere downstairs... I ordered mine a long time ago but never used it :smile:
Reply 15
Did you pay $65 or torrent it?

I bought mine from eBay for £30 :-)
Reply 17

I bought it online.... but I'm going to torrent download it as well cos i can't seem to find one of the workout CD :s-smilie:
I just recently finished my 2nd round of this program and it doesn't get any easier. It seriously is insane and at some points you just want to give up, but you have to keep going. The warm up itself is intense especially the second month.

I've gone from being just about average on the fitness front to being quite fit. My body is not as lean as I would have wanted it to be due to undereating, but I did still give it my all and both rounds helped me shed those inches and obviously the lbs. I wish I ate more and had more protein because I know undereating and a lack of protein caused me to lose a bit of muscle. Obviously your results will only be excellent if you put 100% into your exercise AND nutrition.
Reply 19
Original post by Lee R
It's a 'lean' diet. Basically eating good high protien food. He actually passed out? that's...insane! :colone:

Ah, I thought it was some sort of "special" diet :lol: Yup, apparently it's very hard work but seeing as you're some kind of fit to start with you should be ok.

The workout is crap and her cousin didn't pass out!

Yeah, because you would know exactly what happened :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest