The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peter91
Yeah; I have no clue whatsoever. Surprised by yours though, mine were really discursive in nature; very much a two way dialogue (NatSci). What course/college you applying for?

How did it go?

Are you applying for the biological or physical? I have mine next week, I wonder if they are going to ask about current issues in the news but it says subject related on my sheet.....I hate being nervous :frown:
Reply 3501
Original post by Jeebus42
I had one for Law and you were allowed to make notes, so I assume that's always the case.

Really? thats ok then I suppose. How long did you have for your prep? Mines 20 mins long (apparently I have to read a passage), but I'm wondering whether I'm going to get one of those problem solving questions. So what did you get for yours?
Interviewed & Tested at King's Cambridge :s-smilie:

don't know what to feel like, really can't tell how bad/good I did...
Is it weird that I'm almost looking forward to Thursday? Not necessarily to the interviews themselves, but to meeting the other people applying for my subject (if there are any...) and geeking out with them.
Reply 3505
Original post by missach
Really? thats ok then I suppose. How long did you have for your prep? Mines 20 mins long (apparently I have to read a passage), but I'm wondering whether I'm going to get one of those problem solving questions. So what did you get for yours?

It probably varies on college, but I was given an extract on a certain area of law and had 30 minutes to read/analyse it for the interview. It wasn't problem solving, as it just wanted to see how you interpreted the text and whether you're able to deduce points from it that you're able to discuss with the interviewers.
Original post by Jampolo
Ah, i feel so close to getting an offer. i can taste it.

Same. It's the last hurdle towards an offer, and I'm probably gonna trip over it and faceplant.
Original post by vedderfan94
Same. It's the last hurdle towards an offer, and I'm probably gonna trip over it and faceplant.

NO YOUR NOT.

When you think your going to fall, just think of me, and this...

If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time

<3
Reply 3508
Original post by Jampolo

Original post by Jampolo
NO YOUR NOT.

When you think your going to fall, just think of me, and this...

If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time

&lt;3

Ahahahaha! So emotional
Original post by Azwozzle
Ah, that's quite good. Mine isn't until 14th/15th (urgh, two interviews and a test) but I have a mock interview tomorrow with my Headteacher (who actually went to Cambridge), the Head of English (who had an interview at Cambridge)... and two other teachers who felt like gegging in :P

Was your test one that is actually getting marked? Apparently mine is just a basis for the second interview :/

oh really, what subject are you applying for and which college? and wow, four interviewers! that must be quite intimidating! good luck :smile: well my test had two sections, an essay and 15 multiple choice questions, and we discussed the essay in the interview but i'm assuming it was marked as well? hmm... maybe not, but then why would they write a 4 on it? :s-smilie: oh well, it will do no good to dwell on it now :smile:
Reply 3510
Right guys I'm off to sleep, got an early train to catch tomorrow morning. Can't wait till both my interviews and test are over! I'll be at Clare tomorrow, maybe I'll see some of you guys :smile:.
does anyone else who has already had their interview feel like the whole experience was a bit awkward? i don't mean the interview itself, but around the college and talking to other candidates and current students etc... or am i just an incredibly socially awkward person?
Original post by XxelliexX
does anyone else who has already had their interview feel like the whole experience was a bit awkward? i don't mean the interview itself, but around the college and talking to other candidates and current students etc... or am i just an incredibly socially awkward person?

My friend said he sat in a room with undergraduates and other candidates, and an undergraduate asked a question question to the room, and no one said a word... lmao
Original post by Jampolo
My friend said he sat in a room with undergraduates and other candidates, and an undergraduate asked a question question to the room, and no one said a word... lmao

lol! that's hilarious :') i'd be a bit offended if i was the undergraduate though, haha
This literally feels so surreal, I wonder when it will hit me! Also my interviews tomorrow are 2-2.30 and then 2.30 til 3? LITERALLy straight after each other but in different places!
Original post by Sadsnail
This literally feels so surreal, I wonder when it will hit me! Also my interviews tomorrow are 2-2.30 and then 2.30 til 3? LITERALLy straight after each other but in different places!

It only hit me when I was outside the interview room, waiting to go in. I nearly **** myself

It was a bit awkward, but there was a first year there who lightened the mood, and about 10 of us got to know each other to some extent (not much)

We even played a card game which was quite ridiculous
Original post by desijut
It only hit me when I was outside the interview room, waiting to go in. I nearly **** myself

Don't even tell me that!! :frown::frown::frown: Haha, I will literally be the same and then will probably burst out crying knowing me :colondollar: At least I have a prep study first for 40minutes to compose myself :biggrin:
Reply 3518

Mine wasn't awkward at all. Had interviews at random times throughout the morning and everyone there got talking. It was a pretty friendly atmosphere all round.

But then, so was the entire thing really. Obviously with Cambridge you can't tell how they went- but some of the stuff I learnt and worked through with the interviewers was incredible. All my interviewers were lovely and I actually ended up making some of them burst out laughing several times. They're not robots.

Seriously guys, if you panic too much- you won't be able to appreciate just how incredible an opportunity it is just having interviews with people with knowledge of your subject beyond anything you could possibly imagine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by itor
Mine wasn't awkward at all. Had interviews at random times throughout the morning and everyone there got talking. It was a pretty friendly atmosphere all round.

But then, so was the entire thing really. Obviously with Cambridge you can't tell how they went- but some of the stuff I learnt and worked through with the interviewers was incredible. All my interviewers were lovely and I actually ended up making some of them burst out laughing several times. They're not robots.

Seriously guys, if you panic too much- you won't be able to appreciate just how incredible an opportunity just having interviews with people with knowledge of your subject beyond anything you could possibly imagine.

I completely agree with this!

Last year I met some lovely people and got on really well with everyone I spoke to - we all went for hot chocolate/coffee before our exam and it was generally a lovely day. The interviewers were a bit grumpy looking, but then who wouldn't when you haven't had your lunch yet and you're hearing the sixth person that day enthuse that they are 'passionate' about the subject?!

I came out of my interview knowing there were bits I messed up but on the whole I loved the experience and even though I got pooled I think it was a really worthwhile and valuable lesson.

If you go in being too nervous (like I did) then you can't think. I was asked a really simple question and completely blanked out because I was just numb with nerves.
Think of it as a conversation, not a grilling!

Latest

Trending

Trending