The Student Room Group

BTEC are Crap and Yet A level Students are CHEATS?

:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol errrrrr
Reply 3
Whaaa?
Reply 4
lol
How can A level students be cheats?
Original post by ComputerTune
:rolleyes: O look it seems that A level students aint as smart as they had first thought. They are cheats and always will be, BTECs are gaining ground on these so called A level students. Now it is our time to look down on you cheats:angry::angry::angry:

i cba to look at grammar feel free to make any remarks, just think i might have done it on purpose :wink:

You say 'so called' as though the fact that we're A-level students is in question.

And please, get a grip. BTECs have their place and A-levels have theirs. If you want to go into university, A-levels get you there. IF you want to do a more vocational course, take a BTEC.
Now please get out of your own arse.
Reply 10
Original post by agoetcherian
You say 'so called' as though the fact that we're A-level students is in question.

And please, get a grip. BTECs have their place and A-levels have theirs. If you want to go into university, A-levels get you there. IF you want to do a more vocational course, take a BTEC.

I think the thread itself says far more about the OP than the OP thinks they are saying about others.
...and OP still doesn't know how to use capital letters correctly.
Reply 12
This is all just a case of bad examiners and teachers. And they'll be bad whether they're involved in A-Levels or BTECs.

It has nothing to do with the students. I did not cheat in any of my A-Levels, and I feel insulted that you'd suggest I got my grades through cheating.

I'm not even going to bother correcting your grammar. You appall me.
Reply 13
Original post by ollie82
This is all just a case of bad examiners and teachers. And they'll be bad whether they're involved in A-Levels or BTECs.

It has nothing to do with the students. I did not cheat in any of my A-Levels, and I feel insulted that you'd suggest I got my grades through cheating.

I'm not even going to bother correcting your grammar. You appall me.

To be fair from watching the news and reading the articles and coming from a BTEC background, I can see what the OP is trying to say but the way he has present it is appalling.

"It has nothing to do with the students" You seem smart but you seem to not have understood the article.

The articles are implying that teachers know what keywords get better marks and know what questions will turn up in the exams. By telling the students this, it gives them unfair advantage towards the exam. Don't you agree? Chances are if you didn't know this knowledge then you would get lower marks.

However this is just speculation. I know i don't know you personally and for that reason i can't judge you academically but it would be ignorant to suggest people would all get the same marks without this knowledge.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by agoetcherian

I got into uni with a BTEC. so that's a pretty bold statement to make
... What the hell?

Er, thanks, OP, you made me smile...
Reply 16
Original post by Mocking_bird

Perfect username is username.
Reply 17
Original post by ComputerTune

I don't believe that 'aint' is a real word
Reply 18
:lolwut:
Reply 19
Original post by FinalMH
I did a BTEC and i m kcl.

Your punctuation is STRONG.

Quick Reply

Latest