The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Midwifery 2012?

Scroll to see replies

heyy everyone!!!! i applies yesterday!

applied to nottingham, southampton, de montfort, plymouth and kings college ... havent been to any open days so very nervous ha!

good luck to everyone! xxxx
Original post by crombaut
Thank you! I am also going to speak to a midwife and be shown round the unit tomorrow! its worth asking your local unit if they might have time to do the same! not for experience, but just to be able to ask a few questions and stuff will still be really valuable. my interview is on friday so I will post what happens on here to give you all an idea :biggrin: am getting excited but a bit nervous too xx

ohhh good luck. I am sure you'll do just fab. Remember to be confident :biggrin: xxx
Reply 22
Hi all,

Just thought i would let you know how the interview day was at Oxford Brookes. Everyone was really friendly and the day itself was enjoyable. I will find out in the next 2 weeks so fingers crossed. I enjoyed the day, found it a bit nerve wracking but I think that is normal, just make sure you channel your nerves positively!! smile! it goes a long way and listen first before talking. Also, as to individual interviews, its a good idea to take a moment before each answering each question to think about what you want to say. Try not to waffle too much but they know you are nervous. All in all a really good day and I thought it went well .

Best of luck to you all!!!!!
Reply 23
Original post by naomi_jc1993

applied to nottingham, southampton, de montfort, plymouth and kings college ... havent been to any open days so very nervous ha!

Hi,
Good luck but can I ask you what grades you recieved in your GCSE and A-levels, just a rough number would do, thankyou and a million times good luck! :smile:

Hiya :smile:
I applied for King's College and Nottingham too, the wait is killing me.
What're your grades like :smile: xx
sorry its taken so long to reply guys! my grades aren't amazing i got A's and B's at GCSE and so far for AS I've got 2 B's a C and a D :/ what about you????
xxx
sorry its taken so long to reply guys! my grades aren't amazing i got A's and B's at GCSE and so far for AS I've got 2 B's a C and a D :/ what about you????
xxx

Those are great! Sure entry requirements are usually BBC anyways so don't worry, you can dazzle them at interviews :smile: GCSE 7A*s 4A's and a B and at AS ABBB :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by CatRox

Original post by CatRox
Hi,
I'm already a student midwife and I've been through the whole issue of trying to get work experience. Although it is often difficult to get work experience in a maternity unit, the university don't necessarily need maternity experience, although this is great. Other good places are SureStart children's centres for their breastfeeding support, young mum's groups etc, care homes, other hospital departments and the NCT for antenatal classes. And independent midwives - they are often more willing to take students. Good luck!

Hi can you tell me what GCSE grades you got? Thanks, in advance!
Reply 28
Original post by Rain.
Hi can you tell me what GCSE grades you got? Thanks, in advance!

Ummmm........
French A*
RE A*
German A
English A
English Lit B
Physics C
Biology C
Maths C
Chemistry D
Today I was invited for an interview in Uni of Surrey in January :smile:!
Reply 30
Original post by CatRox

Original post by CatRox
Ummmm........
French A*
RE A*
German A
English A
English Lit B
Physics C
Biology C
Maths C
Chemistry D

Thankyou! :smile:
Original post by crombaut
rejection from brookes :frown: x

just curious, what grades did you have cause i want to apply there
but dont worry cause i heard that theyre really competitve and hard to get in apparently :s-smilie:
Hello! :smile:

I have also applied for 2012 entry + wondered if anyone had heard anything from northampton, coventry, birmingham city, wolverhampton or herts ? :smile: although my application went off just before xmas because my institute were so slow just wanted to see :smile:

thanks! x
Reply 33
I applied at the beginning of October to Swansea, Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and Worcester. Just wondering if anyone has heard from worcester? ive been rejected from all the others
Reply 34
Original post by Xx_ViiiCkiii_xX
just curious, what grades did you have cause i want to apply there
but dont worry cause i heard that theyre really competitve and hard to get in apparently :s-smilie:

I got ABB in French, Biology and chemistry xx I also have an interview for Kings College on Wednesday and im super excited because I feel a littel better prepared :smile: xx
I have applied to York Sheffield DMU Staffs and Coventry. I have two interviews coming up and i am really nervous. I found it extremly difficult to get any work related exp so instead i did a placement at a nursery for a short time. Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up. :smile: x
Original post by Laurengemma7
Hello! :smile:

I have also applied for 2012 entry + wondered if anyone had heard anything from northampton, coventry, birmingham city, wolverhampton or herts ? :smile: although my application went off just before xmas because my institute were so slow just wanted to see :smile:

thanks! x

Birmingham City haven't done anything yet but should be within the next few weeks :smile: and i've already had my Coventry interview! xx
Original post by Gidger
I applied at the beginning of October to Swansea, Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and Worcester. Just wondering if anyone has heard from worcester? ive been rejected from all the others

I've got an Interview at Worcester in a few weeks! Hopefully you'll hear from them soon. I know people who have applied before me and not heard back yet so it doesn't seem like they're doing it in date order. Good luck though :smile: sorry to hear about your other choices x
Reply 38
Hey guys,

Just joined TSR to check out how others are getting on with their applications for 2012.

I'm currently doing an Access Course in Nursing & Midwifery & volunteering at my local Surestart Centre which took so much hard work to get in at!

I've applied at Nottingham, Birmingham City, Sheffield, De Montfort & Northampton.

Haven't heard a peep yet from any!

Wishing you all the best of luck & hoping that your all as obsessed as me checking the post & emails 1000 times a day!! :/ x
Reply 39
I'm not a midwife/student midwife/potential student midwife (as you may have been able to tell from my sig) but I know a couple of midwifery (is that the right word?) student's at george's/kingston (shared teaching) and they say it's brilliant also george's might still give you a place if you miss your grades by one grade (e.g. BBC rather than BBB) (they did for me)

Quick Reply

Latest