The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fact is Amir Khan, hasn't just been ungraceful in defeat, he's been outright cocky and self-pitying. The fact of the matter is I didn't and haven't hear Amir Khan offering to have a rematch with Prescott in order to prove himself once and for all, and he's not exactly gone out of his way to arrange a rematch for McClosky who was robbed. He needs to stop moaning about how the world is against him, when really he's been given so much favor by judges in certain fights at a young age.

The talk about Mayweather is just embarrassing, and let's be honest, Mayweather is a world class fight who not once has come close to losing. Amir Khan on the over hand is nowhere near that level and is 25, not a young lad so he's near his potential. He couldn't even beat Bradley let alone Mayweather.

There is no doubt in my mind that just like the Prescott defeat, he will somehow gain a title shot almost immediately after beat a string of 37 years old like usual, before banging on about how he's going to face the best in the world, before being rightly humbled. Fact is Khan, put up or shut up and you've proven you haven't got it. Stick to the oldens, keep being a golden goose, and get out of boxing because you have not and will never be among slightly better then average category, let alone the best.
Reply 3921
Original post by TCD23
Fact is Amir Khan, hasn't just been ungraceful in defeat, he's been outright cocky and self-pitying. The fact of the matter is I didn't and haven't hear Amir Khan offering to have a rematch with Prescott in order to prove himself once and for all, and he's not exactly gone out of his way to arrange a rematch for McClosky who was robbed. He needs to stop moaning about how the world is against him, when really he's been given so much favor by judges in certain fights at a young age.

The talk about Mayweather is just embarrassing, and let's be honest, Mayweather is a world class fight who not once has come close to losing. Amir Khan on the over hand is nowhere near that level and is 25, not a young lad so he's near his potential. He couldn't even beat Bradley let alone Mayweather.

There is no doubt in my mind that just like the Prescott defeat, he will somehow gain a title shot almost immediately after beat a string of 37 years old like usual, before banging on about how he's going to face the best in the world, before being rightly humbled. Fact is Khan, put up or shut up and you've proven you haven't got it. Stick to the oldens, keep being a golden goose, and get out of boxing because you have not and will never be among slightly better then average category, let alone the best.

Watch the first Mayweather vs Castillo fight
Original post by Rgman27

Yes and then Mayweather had an immediate re-match and put it to rest. Didn't see Khan do the same against McClosky or Prescott.
Reply 3923
Original post by TCD23
Yes and then Mayweather had an immediate re-match and put it to rest. Didn't see Khan do the same against McClosky or Prescott.

Umm yeh....that wasn't the point.
Original post by Rgman27
Umm yeh....that wasn't the point.

It wasn't really that close a fight though, people just make it out to be because they wanna be down on Floyd. Floyd was also fighting with a busted shoulder in that first fight, and the second fight which he gave Castillo to put all doubt from people's minds, did just that. Besides, it's not even a good analogy, because Castillo was a top fighter who had been JCC's sparring partner for 5 years and had a hell of a lot of experience and skill. He was also bigger than Floyd. Lamont Peterson? He's a solid boxer, but when he was outboxed by Khan in the first few rounds he reverted to pressure-fighter tactics and the fact is Khan just couldn't handle it, and he neither hit and ran successfully, nor stood and traded. He just looked like he was running the whole time. In fact, at one point he was so off-balance from running away from Peterson he almost tripped over his own feet. Pathetic, tbh. Someone in here has mentioned the one-dimensional nature of some of Roach's charges, and I think there is a lot to be said for that, given recent performances against Marquez and now Peterson. If a fighter doesn't fight exactly the way that Roach predicts they will, then his fighters just seem to have no ability to adapt whatsoever. That's why Mayweather would crush Pac and Khan. He could probably fight one after the other and come out unmarked to be perfectly honest, because he is able to change his tactics/style by the minute. Khan should have put Peterson to bed when he had him hurt, and after that he should have made the necessary changes to deal with the new style. Instead of posturing and then letting off two weak shots that land on Peterson's gloves, throw a decent combination, if he's covering hit his kidneys then come up with an upper cut and round the guard with a hook. Khan had all the advantages in hand and foot speed, plus boxing skill, and yet he threw the fight away. He has no one to blame but himself, and the way he acted afterwards was frankly disgraceful. The very least his opponent had earned was his respect, and not to be told that he only won the fight because it had been held in D.C. What an arrogant prick Khan is, I do actually hope he gets a big fight with someone who will teach him a lesson in manners.
Reply 3925
khan what a sore loser.
Hope he gets ko'd next fight.
Peterson deserved thje win.

he wanted mayweather lollll, keep dreamin.
Reply 3926
Original post by Solid_Snake7
It wasn't really that close a fight though, people just make it out to be because they wanna be down on Floyd. Floyd was also fighting with a busted shoulder in that first fight, and the second fight which he gave Castillo to put all doubt from people's minds, did just that. Besides, it's not even a good analogy, because Castillo was a top fighter who had been JCC's sparring partner for 5 years and had a hell of a lot of experience and skill. He was also bigger than Floyd. Lamont Peterson? He's a solid boxer, but when he was outboxed by Khan in the first few rounds he reverted to pressure-fighter tactics and the fact is Khan just couldn't handle it, and he neither hit and ran successfully, nor stood and traded. He just looked like he was running the whole time. In fact, at one point he was so off-balance from running away from Peterson he almost tripped over his own feet. Pathetic, tbh. Someone in here has mentioned the one-dimensional nature of some of Roach's charges, and I think there is a lot to be said for that, given recent performances against Marquez and now Peterson. If a fighter doesn't fight exactly the way that Roach predicts they will, then his fighters just seem to have no ability to adapt whatsoever. That's why Mayweather would crush Pac and Khan. He could probably fight one after the other and come out unmarked to be perfectly honest, because he is able to change his tactics/style by the minute. Khan should have put Peterson to bed when he had him hurt, and after that he should have made the necessary changes to deal with the new style. Instead of posturing and then letting off two weak shots that land on Peterson's gloves, throw a decent combination, if he's covering hit his kidneys then come up with an upper cut and round the guard with a hook. Khan had all the advantages in hand and foot speed, plus boxing skill, and yet he threw the fight away. He has no one to blame but himself, and the way he acted afterwards was frankly disgraceful. The very least his opponent had earned was his respect, and not to be told that he only won the fight because it had been held in D.C. What an arrogant prick Khan is, I do actually hope he gets a big fight with someone who will teach him a lesson in manners.

My point has 0 to do with Khan. That is why I said he missed the point.

If anyone scrolls back, I was the only one to predict Peterson to win by points, so I am not here defending Khan.

Well, I thought the Castillo/Mayweather fight was close and Mayweather was being outworked on the inside. Even the compu stats numbers show Castillo was superior. Mayweather may have been working with a busted shoulder. My point was that it was a close fight.
vitali chisora signed
Original post by jermaindefoe

vitali chisora signed

OMG OMG OMG its finally going to happen!! i just check boxrec. So much hype about this match-up, been waiting for a long time for this fight. But it is against Vitali, so i still think he'll take it but del boy is gonna put up a show no doubt. Specially from the way he out-hustled robert helenius like a bosssss.
Reply 3929
vitali chisora signed

Good news. At least people saw through the sham of a fight that the last one was.

THAT was a proper robbery.
Original post by Rgman27

Original post by Rgman27
Good news. At least people saw through the sham of a fight that the last one was.

THAT was a proper robbery.

Even Vitali himself thought Del boy won the fight.
Original post by Rgman27
My point has 0 to do with Khan. That is why I said he missed the point.

If anyone scrolls back, I was the only one to predict Peterson to win by points, so I am not here defending Khan.

Well, I thought the Castillo/Mayweather fight was close and Mayweather was being outworked on the inside. Even the compu stats numbers show Castillo was superior. Mayweather may have been working with a busted shoulder. My point was that it was a close fight.

I read your original post, which is why I said I thought your analogy was bad - yes it was a close fight, but only because Mayweather's shoulder was busted, as was shown by the rematch. So it's not really the same as Khan's situation, which was that he simply got out-hustled by a hungrier fighter, and acted like a little bitch when things didn't go his way.
Reply 3932
Original post by Solid_Snake7
I read your original post, which is why I said I thought your analogy was bad - yes it was a close fight, but only because Mayweather's shoulder was busted, as was shown by the rematch. So it's not really the same as Khan's situation, which was that he simply got out-hustled by a hungrier fighter, and acted like a little bitch when things didn't go his way.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I didn't make an analogy in my original post.

All I said was that the FM-Castillo fight was close. I didn't give the reasoning behind why it was close. I just said it was close.

It was a reply to a specific point, that had nothing to do with Khan.

I agree that Khan was acting like a child when things didn't go his way but that hasn't got anything to do with that post I made.
(edited 12 years ago)
haye out of retirement
Reply 3934
mayweatehr is the greatest fighter of his era dont give a **** what anyone says.
Reply 3935
Original post by ijaz
mayweatehr is the greatest fighter of his era dont give a **** what anyone says.

If you didn't care what anyone said then you wouldn't feel the need to say it in public forum.
Reply 3936
Original post by Rgman27

Damn right - which I thought Castillo won. Second one was close as well IIRC.

Anyhow - Khan will come back for sure. For all those laughing thinking he was too big for his boots, I think we know he does have the pedigree to come back and do excellently well. I'm full of confidence more than ever, when I wasn't so sure after the Prescott fight.

On another issue: Carl Froch meets Andre 'headbutt' Ward Saturday night/Sunday morning on SS1. Although I like Ward as a boxer, I do feel his fight against Kessler was lost against far tougher opposition and he resorted to using his head as leeway, hence Kessler's battered eye.

Froch is very similar to Kessler - loves a tear up. I think Froch is very exciting to watch and really hope he does the business this Saturday night. Even after this - I would pay to watch a Kessler Froch rematch!

Then we can't forget Bute!
Any idea when the Froch fight will start? If it's anywhere early, then might stay up. Intriging fight, Ward seems to have speed but don't think he has faced anyone like Froch. But anything could happen, but I think Froch might get a late stoppage.
What the **** are Roy Jones Jr and James Toney doing still fighting?

RJJ should have retired after the first Tarver fight, would have gone down as one of the greats. Now its just getting a joke tbh.
Original post by Né Stig
Damn right - which I thought Castillo won. Second one was close as well IIRC.

Anyhow - Khan will come back for sure. For all those laughing thinking he was too big for his boots, I think we know he does have the pedigree to come back and do excellently well. I'm full of confidence more than ever, when I wasn't so sure after the Prescott fight.

On another issue: Carl Froch meets Andre 'headbutt' Ward Saturday night/Sunday morning on SS1. Although I like Ward as a boxer, I do feel his fight against Kessler was lost against far tougher opposition and he resorted to using his head as leeway, hence Kessler's battered eye.

Froch is very similar to Kessler - loves a tear up. I think Froch is very exciting to watch and really hope he does the business this Saturday night. Even after this - I would pay to watch a Kessler Froch rematch!

Then we can't forget Bute!

I still think Bute is the top dog at Super Middle tbh. He has everything he needs to dominate the division. Only time and big fights will tell though.

Should be cracking fight this weekend though, hopefully Froch wins.

Latest