The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WalkerPrince
Just called UCL -

Message is that: some offers will be sent this week for Economics, and some next week (?).

But the majority will be after Christmas. So we could hear this week from UCL!

OMW, TENSION! I would literally (not literally) kill to get an offer from UCL

thanks for that !
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Beckiix
I know! There were a few interviews and rejections floating around a few weeks ago but it seems to have gone all quiet now! :confused:

Just got a rejection from UCL. Really gutted, apparently my application just wasn't good enough. :frown: Really hope I get an offer from Oxford now to shove in their faces.
Reply 1782
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
Just got a rejection from UCL. Really gutted, apparently my application just wasn't good enough. :frown: Really hope I get an offer from Oxford now to shove in their faces.

Aw, dude that sucks :frown: Your application probably is very good as you've got an interview at Oxford which is arguably an achievement in itself! Don't put yourself down, it looks like they've been rejecting some incredible applicants! I'd be interested to know, what are your academics like?

Glad I didn't get rejected today though, would have really put me off my interview at QMUL. Am expecting it though too, I have poor GCSEs and dodgy subject choices haha.
Original post by imon1
same here! who were you at the assessment day lol? i was in the black suit, white shirt, black tie and big glasses

Haha, I'm Irina from Chicago, wore a cream sweater, black jeans, black boots. Were you in my discussion group? G3?
Rejected without an interview because my application 'wasn't strong enough'. :confused:

Best of luck to everyone who's got in/has interviews.
(edited 12 years ago)

Same! :hugs: I'm sorry. I hope you do - I know a classmate from last year who got a UCL rejection and then an Oxford offer, so all is not lost!
Original post by Beckiix
Aw, dude that sucks :frown: Your application probably is very good as you've got an interview at Oxford which is arguably an achievement in itself! Don't put yourself down, it looks like they've been rejecting some incredible applicants! I'd be interested to know, what are your academics like?

Glad I didn't get rejected today though, would have really put me off my interview at QMUL. Am expecting it though too, I have poor GCSEs and dodgy subject choices haha.

Thank you! :smile: I love the rest of my unis so another offer from any one of them would be fantastic, at least I haven't got all my hopes riding on UCL! My GCSEs were 8A*s, 2As and a B, and my A-Level predictions are A*A*A. :rolleyes:

How did your interview at QMUL go? :smile: Sure you were absolutely fab :biggrin: Best of luck for UCL, keeping everything crossed for you!
Reply 1787
Original post by KingMessi
Rejected without an interview because my application 'wasn't strong enough'. :confused:

Best of luck to everyone who's got in/has interviews.

*hugs* Damn, I've noticed you on the forums (not a stalker, I promise!) and I thought you were a really strong applicant, not sure how they could say your application was too weak. Sorry that it didn't go as you wanted. :frown:

Probably shouldn't have mentioned today that it was a bit quiet on the rejection interview front! Jinxed the whole forum!
Original post by KingMessi
Same! :hugs: I'm sorry. I hope you do - I know a classmate from last year who got a UCL rejection and then an Oxford offer, so all is not lost!

Well if you've been rejected, it's definitely not to do with talent! :smile: Let's follow their example - next year we'll be in the Bodeleian going 'remember that time we were both rejected from UCL...' :wink:
So proud of my friend, she got a Medicine offer =D
Reply 1790
Thank you! :smile: I love the rest of my unis so another offer from any one of them would be fantastic, at least I haven't got all my hopes riding on UCL! My GCSEs were 8A*s, 2As and a B, and my A-Level predictions are A*A*A. :rolleyes:

How did your interview at QMUL go? :smile: Sure you were absolutely fab :biggrin: Best of luck for UCL, keeping everything crossed for you!

Well, crap. Mine were 9 As and a B. I was a horrible, horrible teenager who was perma-banned from most of her lessons :rolleyes:. My predictions are the same though but if (when) I get rejected I'm fairly sure it'll be because of my academic background. Didn't realise how brutal UCL would be, I think I'd probably find somewhere else if I were to redo this whole process! Live and learn I suppose.

Aaah I phrased that wrong, my interview is tomorrow so I'm glad this hasn't happened tonight to throw me off! Thanks, I really want to study in London so any of KCL/UCL/QMUL would be my dream. :smile:

Edit: Why the neg? :s
(edited 12 years ago)
UCL - London's Global University

(not)
Original post by James A
UCL - London's Global University

(not)

where your old sig...that was way more cooler :tongue:

you on track to annihilate A2 chem......you did vow to?! :colone:
Reply 1793
Original post by mahassociates
Haha, I'm Irina from Chicago, wore a cream sweater, black jeans, black boots. Were you in my discussion group? G3?

omg yes I was.. But I've forgotten which one you were haha.. do you remember me? I talked about Uganda as my interesting fact, and argued that the Euro crisis was a political problem
Original post by Beckiix
Well, crap. Mine were 9 As and a B. I was a horrible, horrible teenager who was perma-banned from most of her lessons :rolleyes:. My predictions are the same though but if (when) I get rejected I'm fairly sure it'll be because of my academic background. Didn't realise how brutal UCL would be, I think I'd probably find somewhere else if I were to redo this whole process! Live and learn I suppose.

Aaah I phrased that wrong, my interview is tomorrow so I'm glad this hasn't happened tonight to throw me off! Thanks, I really want to study in London so any of KCL/UCL/QMUL would be my dream. :smile:

Ahh I see! Well, I'd also argue that those predictions look a lot more impressive compared to your GCSEs, as in, 'look at how hard they've worked and progressed' - I wouldn't lose hope just yet! :wink: Oh, I agree. But hey, what's done is done. :smile:

Ooh GOOD LUCK, I really hope it goes well, QMUL is beauts! Good luck for your whole application, sure you'll end up somewhere fantastic :biggrin:
got rejected with AAAB at AS with predicted A*AAA ( my predicted should be higher :s ) anyhow, quite upset no chance of me living at home now at all. waiting for cambridge to get to me, my hope all rests on that haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my life is over
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ak726
my friends went for science interviews and said ppl were even wearing jeans!

Haha, I actually think I'm going to wear jeans. I'll go for smart-casual. I don't think there's much point coming in a suit because I'll probably look overdressed. This isn't really an interview anyway, more a relaxed discussion.
Reply 1797
Offer from UCL for Politics and East European Studies.
Condition: AAB

Got it on 25th October, 2011.
Original post by Froodles
I got my questionnaire quite early - about a month ago? A few of my friends just got them last week, so maybe they're staggering them or doing it alphabetically or something....

hey! congratulations, i'm waiting on the response now :/ when did you return the questionnaire?
Original post by Rahul.S
where your old sig...that was way more cooler :tongue:

you on track to annihilate A2 chem......you did vow to?! :colone:

yeah man, i vowed to , and i will.... muhahaha

Latest

Trending

Trending