University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by lizzxo

Original post by lizzxo
Does Sussex send acknowledgement emails out? My application got processed on Monday and I got my 4 other acknowledgements and an offer already, but heard nothing from Sussex.

Im applying for Computer Science (with a foundation year) btw, anyone else applying for CS or CS-related degrees?

Congrats on everyone getting offers from there already :smile: :smile:

Yeah Sussex was the only uni not to send me an acknowledgement email but just got an offer today for computer science!:smile: took about 3 weeks after processing

Good luck with your application!!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Got an offer with BSMS! :biggrin: The major excitement from earlier has died down slightly now, but it still hasn't sunk in. Such a relief! So much hard work went into it :smile:
Reply 342
law offer on the 13th December- Law- AAA
Reply 343
Original post by 5saqibm
law offer on the 13th December- Law- AAA

congratz:smile: do you mind telling me ur GCSE AS and predicted grades? and when did you send ur application off?
Original post by CraigKirk

Original post by CraigKirk
Got an offer with BSMS! :biggrin: The major excitement from earlier has died down slightly now, but it still hasn't sunk in. Such a relief! So much hard work went into it :smile:

yayayayayay! I want to go NOW!!! Don't want to wait until Sept 2012 :P
Reply 345
Original post by needhelp1234
THATS SO FAST! Were you overqualified (in terms of grades) or do they just tend to reply so fast?

Not sure really offer was AAB Predicted AABB, just illustrated my real pasion for economics, along with work experience and extra curricular activities highly relevant to the degree.

A friend of mine got an offer after 20 or so... days from Sussex, I didn't send my ucas off super early, just the 18th November lol

My other choices responded rather quickly as well, I'm just waiting on Lancaster ha hopefully :tongue:

What about you, where are you appplying
Reply 346
Original post by Webb04
Yeah Sussex was the only uni not to send me an acknowledgement email but just got an offer today for computer science!:smile: took about 3 weeks after processing

Good luck with your application!!

Oh okay thanks :biggrin: congratulations on your offer! :smile: where else have you applied to?
Original post by lizzxo
Oh okay thanks :biggrin: congratulations on your offer! :smile: where else have you applied to?

hey i have also applied for computer science at sussex :biggrin: bit worried about it not having a year in industry though so i'm not sure about it :frown: does that bother you? where else have you applied?
Reply 348
Original post by bhabieviv
congratz:smile: do you mind telling me ur GCSE AS and predicted grades? and when did you send ur application off?

A*A*A*A*A*ABBCC -GCSE's
AABd- AS Levels
A*AA- Predicted grades

sent my ucas off on the 25th Novemeber 2011

what about yourself? :smile:
Original post by itrader
Not sure really offer was AAB Predicted AABB

Are you taking four A2 Levels? I am too and the offer they sent me was AAB, so confused about what they want from the fourth one. I'm applying for English and Drama btw (quite different to all the computer science/physics degrees I'm seeing here!). They want an A or A* in English and a B in Drama :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by lizzxo

Original post by lizzxo

Birmingham, warwick, kings and had an offer from city :smile: really like Sussex though probably gonna firm it whatever else happens!
Original post by itrader
Not sure really offer was AAB Predicted AABB, just illustrated my real pasion for economics, along with work experience and extra curricular activities highly relevant to the degree.

A friend of mine got an offer after 20 or so... days from Sussex, I didn't send my ucas off super early, just the 18th November lol

My other choices responded rather quickly as well, I'm just waiting on Lancaster ha hopefully :tongue:

What about you, where are you appplying

Well, i just sent mine off a week ago, so.
Reply 352
I'm holding an AAB offer for M100 Law :smile:
Original post by DeanG
I've got an unconditional for Computer Science :smile:

hey congratz dean. what made you chose sussex? i got a conditional but i'm not sure because theres no placement year. do you think that'll be a problem?
Original post by DeanG
Thanks :smile: It was mainly because of the modules that I picked sussex. Yeah it would be better if they had a placement year, most uni's do :/

have you done any computing/programming before? yea the modules sounded great at sussex. i've got an offer for the artificial intelligence course because that sounded really interesting but i might change because theres not as much computer graphics and stuff. Pretty exciting stuff. You gonna firm it? are you a mature student then?
Got an unconditional to study Economics with International Development :smile:. Anyone else? Waiting on them to reply on straight International Development as well... If I get both i'm not sure which one I am going to firm :/.
Reply 356
Original post by needhelp1234
Well, i just sent mine off a week ago, so.

Cool, Best of luck.

Where have you applied to and what course?

:smile:
Original post by munchies1991
Got an unconditional to study Economics with International Development :smile:. Anyone else? Waiting on them to reply on straight International Development as well... If I get both i'm not sure which one I am going to firm :/.

I've applied to International Relations (which is different but linked I guess) and haven't heard from them yet; I sent my application off about three weeks ago.

I have the entry requirements but not sure they're good enough for Sussex - retook my GCSE's and am now doing an Access course as at school I didn't take 90% of my exams. Here's hoping...

But congratulations on the offer ! And good luck on the other one too
Original post by karousel
I've applied to International Relations (which is different but linked I guess) and haven't heard from them yet; I sent my application off about three weeks ago.

I have the entry requirements but not sure they're good enough for Sussex - retook my GCSE's and am now doing an Access course as at school I didn't take 90% of my exams. Here's hoping...

But congratulations on the offer ! And good luck on the other one too

Hey! :smile: Yeah, they are part of the Global Studies department :smile:.

Awwww I hope you get the offer!! If you've got the grades then hopefully you will get an offer! :smile:. What is an Access course if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like you had a tumultuous time at school! :frown:. Hope everything is going ok now! :smile:

The only reason I have my grades already is because I re-took them, took a year off, went to do an Economics degree, hated it and now taking another year off. :/. Took some time for me, but i'm mega passionate about this course.

What does International Relations deal with by the way? Could it be like international politics or something?

Take care!

Awwww I hope you get the offer!! If you've got the grades then hopefully you will get an offer! :smile:. What is an Access course if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like you had a tumultuous time at school! :frown:. Hope everything is going ok now! :smile:

Everything is good now thank you; the only reason it's been worrying me is because I didn't elaborate on it in my personal statement as I know you're meant to talk about the positives... I didn't want to seem like someone that can't take responsibility; hopefully they'll see past that and just look at the grades I get when I do apply myself.

The only reason I have my grades already is because I re-took them, took a year off, went to do an Economics degree, hated it and now taking another year off. :/. Took some time for me, but i'm mega passionate about this course.

Sucks that your initial degree wasn't what you wanted but I'm glad you've found something you're actually passionate about now... I have friends who have graduated and regret spending three years studying something purely for the sake of going to university.

What does International Relations deal with by the way? Could it be like international politics or something?

It focuses on individuals and social groups, things like conflict resolution, globalisation, human rights, environment... so I guess it has a lot in common with what you're studying. It's in the Global Studies too yeah, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon (even if it is a rejection, at least I'll know !)

Is Sussex your first choice or are you just glad to have gotten in there regardless ?

Quick Reply

Latest