The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys. :smile:
Reply 61
i have painted my nails red with white spots and pearl gems. it seems rather controversal - my mum said they look like toadstools/some kind of mould growing on my nails. i quite like them :tongue:

edit: it looks like i have another nail hater :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by laurie:)
i have painted my nails red with white spots and pearl gems. it seems rather controversal - my mum said they look like toadstools/some kind of mould growing on my nails. i quite like them :tongue:

Aww pretty. I don't have the talent to do that. Going to get manicures ftw!
Did u find ur advent calendar and how was the interview? :smile:
Woo, subbed :smile:

This week has been sooo good, spent the entire week singing Christmas songs, watching the school panto, eating chocolate etc. Oh, I wish it could be Christmas every day. :awesome: Hows last week of term been for everyone else? Our last time of having a last week of autumn term (well... hopefully anyway :p:)
Reply 64
Original post by Parle à ma main
Woo, subbed :smile:

This week has been sooo good, spent the entire week singing Christmas songs, watching the school panto, eating chocolate etc. Oh, I wish it could be Christmas every day. :awesome: Hows last week of term been for everyone else? Our last time of having a last week of autumn term (well... hopefully anyway :p:)

Last Christmas, I gave you my :heart:
But the very next day, You gave it away :eek:
This year, to save me from tears :cry:
I'll give it to someone special :cube:

Just felt like doing that :tongue: Christmas song overdose here.
Original post by Vulpes
Last Christmas, I gave you my :heart:
But the very next day, You gave it away :eek:
This year, to save me from tears :cry:
I'll give it to someone special :cube:

Just felt like doing that :tongue: Christmas song overdose here.

:santa2: baby, hurrrrrry down the chimney tonight :sexface:

You can't not like Xmas songs. :biggrin:
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOUUUU

(mr. uni offer)

Oops, tried to quote people from the thread and then realised it wasn't working because it'd been closed for MKII, how exciting :awesome:

Hope everyone's medical applicant adventures are going well!

:lol:
Reply 68

:colone:
Reply 69

I used to like christmas songs, but then I took an arrow to the knee. :colondollar:
Original post by Vulpes
I used to like christmas songs, but then I took an arrow to the knee. :colondollar:

I see what you did there. :colone:
Original post by Vulpes

:rofl:

Original post by manic_fuzz
Oops, tried to quote people from the thread and then realised it wasn't working because it'd been closed for MKII, how exciting :awesome:

Hope everyone's medical applicant adventures are going well!

:lol:

how was your big adventure across like the entire of England? :rofl:
how was your big adventure across like the entire of England? :rofl:

It was rather exciting! And extremely exhausting from all the travelling, like 3 buses, a coach, 4 trains, 5 tube journeys, a taxi and miles of walking :K:

Hopefully I'll get at least one offer though, eek, now just to wait :rolleyes:
It was rather exciting! And extremely exhausting from all the travelling, like 3 buses, a coach, 4 trains, 5 tube journeys, a taxi and miles of walking :K:

Hopefully I'll get at least one offer though, eek, now just to wait :rolleyes:

Jeez that's insane! I saw your pics of Manc, it's such a gorgeous place! Oxford is pretty too but Manc is still prettier, esp the Xmas markets and stuff!

You will do, I'm pretty sure. :smile: So what were they like? Any grillings?
Jeez that's insane! I saw your pics of Manc, it's such a gorgeous place! Oxford is pretty too but Manc is still prettier, esp the Xmas markets and stuff!

You will do, I'm pretty sure. :smile: So what were they like? Any grillings?

Haha oh yes the xmas markets were all just so cute! Although, i swear there was a huge number of the stalls which just sold sausages, or hot dogs, or other sausage related things... Mancunians evidently love sausages :rofl:

Hopefully! And well, non were shockingly bad or horrible. My first Oxford interview was really rather challenging, but nowhere near as impossibly as i was expecting. One of my manchester interviewers was rather rude, his only facial expression was grumpy, and when another interviewer exclaimed that our group of interviewees was over he out-loud said 'Thank God!', although, on leaving we spoke to some current students who said that's he's usually a **** :mmm:

Overall, most of the interviewers were pretty nice and friendly though :smile:
Reply 76
Haha oh yes the xmas markets were all just so cute! Although, i swear there was a huge number of the stalls which just sold sausages, or hot dogs, or other sausage related things... Mancunians evidently love sausages :rofl:

Hopefully! And well, non were shockingly bad or horrible. My first Oxford interview was really rather challenging, but nowhere near as impossibly as i was expecting. One of my manchester interviewers was rather rude, his only facial expression was grumpy, and when another interviewer exclaimed that our group of interviewees was over he out-loud said 'Thank God!', although, on leaving we spoke to some current students who said that's he's usually a **** :mmm:

Overall, most of the interviewers were pretty nice and friendly though :smile:

Yes we do love em :colone:
Original post by Doctor.
Yes we do love em :colone:

You are a strange breed of people :mmm:

:tongue:
Reply 78
Original post by apple17
Aww pretty. I don't have the talent to do that. Going to get manicures ftw!
Did u find ur advent calendar and how was the interview? :smile:

it all takes practice, just buy a couple of nail art thingies and have a play around. the worst thing that can happen is that you have to take it off/paint over it :biggrin:

nope :sigh:

and it was okay, its hard to tell what they thought of me tbh :tongue:
Reply 79
Original post by laurie:)
alright, i guess. its hard to tell - and i dont want to say it went amazingly and then get rejected :tongue:

i think im allowed to be a bit superstitious and wierd atm :biggrin:

edit: congrats for your third interview! :h:

It's good that you don't think that it went disasterously bad :smile: And yes, when it comes to things like this, superstition is perfectly acceptable imo :tongue: And thanks :h: I meant to reply earlier but I'm doing night shifts it's put my brain completely out of whack lol Cleaning for 11hrs by yourself with an overactive mind isn't a good mix but at least I know I'd be able to stay awake during night shifts with med :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest