The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Applied 18th November

1st offer - 6th December
2nd offer - 6th December
3rd offer - 9th December
Original post by gridlock
If it's relevant, I got a conditional offer from UWE the day after my application was sent off.

Original post by MoW
5th Dec and got an offer the day after

The day after? :frown:

I sent mine off last week, still no reply just an acknowledgement. Though I know they're fast with replying so I'm checking my track 24/7.
Reply 2922
Yes, last year I got an offer on Christmas Eve.
Original post by Kelz_26
Yes, last year I got an offer on Christmas Eve.

From what uni if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
I got a reply from Sheffield on 22nd december last year :smile:
yes but not as many.
Reply 2926
Original post by Dbrown18
From what uni if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by Kelz_26

Original post by Kelz_26

on myed it says the system will be down from the 24 to the 1st, does this mean no offers will given out during this christmas period?
Reply 2928
Original post by einstein123
on myed it says the system will be down from the 24 to the 1st, does this mean no offers will given out during this christmas period?

Yes, it's very unlikely offers will be given out during that period. The last offers will probably be given out around Christmas Eve until the New Year. But in the unlikely event that you are given an offer during that time, you can still view it on track even if myed is down.
Original post by Kelz_26

Original post by Kelz_26
Yes, it's very unlikely offers will be given out during that period. The last offers will probably be given out around Christmas Eve until the New Year. But in the unlikely event that you are given an offer during that time, you can still view it on track even if myed is down.

Ahh I seee thanks!
Original post by Kelz_26

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by Jodianne
The day after? :frown:

I sent mine off last week, still no reply just an acknowledgement. Though I know they're fast with replying so I'm checking my track 24/7.

received and offer from uwe a week after they acknowledged my application. don't worry, i'm sure they'll get back to you soon! :smile:
Original post by ohdrama
received and offer from uwe a week after they acknowledged my application. don't worry, i'm sure they'll get back to you soon! :smile:

I did only send it off 5 days ago, so I know I'm gonna be waiting a month or two for replies. But still, it doesn't stop me checking 829 times a day :tongue:

I've just checked UCAS again... then I snapped back to reality. Why would it update at 1am? :lolwut:
Reply 2933
Just a rejection so far... I can't honestly say I'm expecting any offers this year tbh but nevertheless I'm anxious. I fear the boyfriend may hurt me if I carry on like this until March or whenever. :tongue:
Applied 5th Oct
1st Offer - 10th November
2nd Offer - 13th December
3rd Offer - 16th December
Reply 2935
I sent my UCAS application on 13th October and received an offer on 21st October. I received 4 out of 5 of my offers within three weeks, however I am still waiting to hear from one.
Reply 2936
Applied 7th October
Only offer - 9th November
Still waiting for the other four...
Reply 2937
Applied: 29th November

Liverpool offer: 2nd December
Leeds interview letter: 9th December
Cardiff offer: 13th December
Nottingham offer: 18th December
Reply 2938
I applied in early October and got my first offer within a week (from Royal Holloway)

Most of mine were through by the end of november, and i got my final one, after interview, yesterday :smile:
I sent it on thurs and so far only have a single acknowledgement. Thing is, not sure which uni's send out acknowledgements!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending