The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Etoile
Awww

How was your party btw? :h:

It was excellent thank you! I should've gone to sleep though, instead of staying up till 7 playing rude scrabble (we're just THAT cool :teehee:) - Everyone else went to go get some sleep at like 3/4, so there was nothing to do :colone:
Original post by Lily Academia
Well, there's no place on the bus, see... it's not that awful. Just a bit cold and dark in the mornings - and Thursdays, when I have Latin till 5 - but hey-ho. It's exercise! It's replaced my runs because by the time I get home it's too dark to go running :yep:

And they're not horrible - often they're just so ridiculously tedious. Ecology/Biodiversity is what I was planning to get away from at A-level. But oh no.

Glad to hear it. Any January exams?

Isn't there any other way? That must be so cold, and more importantly waste so much time!
I'm glad you don't mind too much though.
Nope, no January exams for me, which is great. You?
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis

Isn't there any other way? That must be so cold, and more importantly waste so much time!
I'm glad you don't mind too much though.
Nope, no January exams for me, which is great. You?

About 5 :s-smilie:
Reply 303
Original post by Coco_94
I give you the herculean task of reading and gaining a thorough understanding of Thus Spake Zarathustra in German. :smug:
Sartre is much more optimistic than Nietzsche, though at the same time Nietzsche, from what I've understood is still liberating....though damn a pessimist he is, or arguably a realist, in regards to his opinion of humanity as it is now.
Though I guess it depends on your character. GOTT IST TOT!
It confused me. :teehee:

Spoiler

*looks a bit up* heilige Scheiße! :eek: I can take it though :smug:
Yes! :lol:
Nee, keine Chance :lol:
It is from a poem :ahee:

Spoiler

Original post by George K
It was excellent thank you! I should've gone to sleep though, instead of staying up till 7 playing rude scrabble (we're just THAT cool :teehee:) - Everyone else went to go get some sleep at like 3/4, so there was nothing to do :colone:

Oh you rebel! :teehee:
Original post by Etoile
*looks a bit up* heilige Scheiße! :eek: I can take it though :smug:
Yes! :lol:
Nee, keine Chance :lol:
It is from a poem :ahee:

Spoiler

Good luck. :smug:
It's hard to understand in English. :teehee:
What's the poem?..
I hope you take the irony of this being realised at 1 am into account and sleep like a normal person too. :teehee:
Though seriously....I'm glad to hear that. :jumphug:
Just the one off, surprising realisation, if you're thinking alone late at night, or you have a moment in a conversation...they're I don't even know the word...it does indeed need to be done and I'm sure you'll do it. My realisation those weeks ago came just at the right moment...yours, yours is better late than never too. :hugs:

Spoiler

I'm in a big thinky mood now...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blueray
About 5 :s-smilie:

Your exams are easy though, so don't worry.

This cartoon is actually sort of sad (or maybe I'm just being strange).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 307
Original post by Coco_94
Good luck. :smug:
It's hard to understand in English. :teehee:
What's the poem?..
I hope you take the irony of this being realised at 1 am into account and sleep like a normal person too. :teehee:
Though seriously....I'm glad to hear that. :jumphug:
Just the one off, surprising realisation, if you're thinking alone late at night, or you have a moment in a conversation...they're I don't even know the word...it does indeed need to be done and I'm sure you'll do it. My realisation those weeks ago came just at the right moment...yours, yours is better late than never too. :hugs:

Spoiler

I'm in a big thinky mood now...

Danke, aber ich brauch es nicht :smug:
German is easier than English :tongue:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8494117-maggie_and_milly_and_molly_and_may-by-E._E._Cummings
:lol: are you seriously telling me I need more sleep?
I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it yet, and that nobody else had either! It was like all this time, I've been a different person, and kind of cut off from my emotions and who I used to be by a wall of glass.

Spoiler

:jumphug: :grouphugs: :hugs: :penguinhug:
Of course, perfect sanity would be boring :teehee:
:hugs:

Your exams are easy though, so don't worry.

lol You wish :tongue:
Original post by Etoile
Danke, aber ich brauch es nicht :smug:
German is easier than English :tongue:
http://allpoetry.com/poem/8494117-maggie_and_milly_and_molly_and_may-by-E._E._Cummings
:lol: are you seriously telling me I need more sleep?
I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it yet, and that nobody else had either! It was like all this time, I've been a different person, and kind of cut off from my emotions and who I used to be by a wall of glass.

Spoiler

:jumphug: :grouphugs: :hugs: :penguinhug:
Of course, perfect sanity would be boring :teehee:

By understanding I mean what Nietzsche is trying to get across as well as being comfortable with reading German. So luck you will need. :smug:
Okey, I withdraw that comment. :teehee:
Wall of glass...emotions, I remember you telling me of that part...unfortunately I had no idea what you were like before hand.
Then eat properly, Etoile.
:jumphug: :grouphugs: :hugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 310
Original post by Coco_94
By understanding I mean what Nietzsche is trying to get across as well as being comfortable with reading German. So luck you will need. :smug:
Okey, I withdraw that comment. :teehee:
Wall of glass...emotions, I remember you telling me of that part...unfortunately I had no idea what you were like before hand.
Then eat properly, Etoile.
:jumphug: :grouphugs: :hugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug:

The words I can understand, the concepts might be a bit iffy :teehee:
:lol:
I've always been the really happy one, who didn't have the problems, who fixed everyone else's problems :lol:
I have had both breakfast and lunch today! :ahee:
:hugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug: :cube: :grouphugs:
Original post by Etoile
The words I can understand, the concepts might be a bit iffy :teehee:
:lol:
I've always been the really happy one, who didn't have the problems, who fixed everyone else's problems :lol:
I have had both breakfast and lunch today! :ahee:
:hugs: :penguinhug: :jumphug: :cube: :grouphugs:

Good luck with the concepts. :teehee:
Christ that is a horrible task, it's really not the first bit of Nietzsche you want to read :rofl:
I wonder what changed that....
I've been the relatively quiet one, for most my life, who yes, does say things, and who yes does also have a superficially filthy sense of humour...but who also does fix everyone else's problems, but only that.
That's a win.rawr. :colone:
:hugs::penguinhug::jumphug::loveduck::grouphugs::cube:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Imagine if you got one that nobody had every found before, because they didn't realise, and it was enough to get a Steinway piano! :ahee:
You could use it to escape just in case though :teehee:

:lolwut: Surely they would know. . :lolwut:
I want a grand piano. :love:
If my house got flooded, the houses in town would be in big trouble. :lolwut:
Knowledge by description has screwed my mind...
Reply 314
Original post by Coco_94
Good luck with the concepts. :teehee:
Christ that is a horrible task, it's really not the first bit of Nietzsche you want to read :rofl:
I wonder what changed that....
I've been the relatively quiet one, for most my life, who yes, does say things, and who yes does also have a superficially filthy sense of humour...but who also does fix everyone else's problems, but only that.
That's a win.rawr. :colone:
:hugs::penguinhug::jumphug::loveduck::grouphugs::cube:

Do you get them? This will give me an indication of whether my brain will explode or not :teehee:
Hast du irgendeine Empfehlungen? :lol:
I wonder too :holmes: Easter last year I was fine, but by summer I was different :beard:
Superficially? :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3TX6eYryU&feature=related <- this I think quite sums up old me
Rawr...that's dinosaur for awesome :u:
:hugs: :jumphug: :grouphugs: :penguinhug:
Original post by Etoile
Do you get them? This will give me an indication of whether my brain will explode or not :teehee:
Hast du irgendeine Empfehlungen? :lol:
I wonder too :holmes: Easter last year I was fine, but by summer I was different :beard:
Superficially? :tongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm3TX6eYryU&feature=related <- this I think quite sums up old me
Rawr...that's dinosaur for awesome :u:
:hugs: :jumphug: :grouphugs: :penguinhug:

I have a limited grasp currently, but how Nietzsche wrote thus spake zarathustra...jesus christ, good luck. It's not written as a clearly non-fiction text, so a lot of analysis is needed...
:holmes:
Yes, superficially, it's a superficial thing, my filthy sense of humour.
I'll listen now
Ohhh yes it is :colone: :colone:
:hugs: :jumphug: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

It's a good song. I say that much. :colone:
There's something serene about it...yet there's a vibrancy of a natural sort...it's hard to explain o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHGAY2Ohg6s Oh, this song...memories and significance...
(edited 12 years ago)
Bf has gone away until jan and I feel really alone :sad:
Reply 317
Original post by Heptapus
:lolwut: Surely they would know. . :lolwut:
I want a grand piano. :love:
If my house got flooded, the houses in town would be in big trouble. :lolwut:

It might look like a normal one, but on closer inspection it is a brand new species!

Spoiler

So do I! :sogood:
Or any piano :emo:

You might have been in town at the time, not at home! :yep:
Original post by Etoile

Original post by Etoile
It might look like a normal one, but on closer inspection it is a brand new species!

Spoiler

So do I! :sogood:
Or any piano :emo:

You might have been in town at the time, not at home! :yep:

Helloooooooo :tongue:
Reply 319
Original post by berryripple
Bf has gone away until jan and I feel really alone :sad:

:console:
You could use this time to go out with your friends and do girl things :smile:

Original post by Coco_94
I have a limited grasp currently, but how Nietzsche wrote thus spake zarathustra...jesus christ, good luck. It's not written as a clearly non-fiction text, so a lot of analysis is needed...
:holmes:
Yes, superficially, it's a superficial thing, my filthy sense of humour.
I'll listen now
Ohhh yes it is :colone: :colone:
:hugs: :jumphug: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

It's a good song. I say that much. :colone:
There's something serene about it...yet there's a vibrancy of a natural sort...it's hard to explain o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHGAY2Ohg6s Oh, this song...memories and significance...

In that case...I will read my classics first :lol:
:beard:
So you are not filthy deep down? :eyeball:
Lisa Gerrard/Dead Can Dance :sogood: They are having a reunion tour next year as well, I might just die of happiness :sogood:
This too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvPu2PGzcSg it's that feeling of connection to nature, the world, and deep joy, and always having a tune or a dance in me :smile:
Ooh this is nice too :smile:

Original post by Coco_94
Being Master Coco has screwed my mind...

:teehee: